Respected Contributor

I missed out ... I do not shop on Sundays.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Happy free shipping day

[ Edited ]

@SeaGal wrote:

I wasnt planning on buying anything here yesterday because I hit up the last day of a great sale + free s&h at Christopher and Banks instead. Then I peeked at the Primetime Specials here last night and found a nice IM tee shirt I couldnt pass up w/ the free s&h, so that was a real nice score. Thanks Q!!

@Susan Louise 

I have been keeping an eye out for you to say thanks for shouting out about the Carole Hockman Daisy and Ditzy set of 2 cotton sleepshirts. I ordered a set in grey/pink and oh wow they are going to be soo nice when the warmer weather comes. I love the light weight of the cotton, they will be so nice. I wish I had picked up a couple more sets but they are now too limited in sizes. Big thanks to you, I really really like them alot!!  Smiley Very Happy

@SeaGal  Glad to have helped and you really like them!

Before you wear your sleepshirts, use a pair of small/tiny scissors and carefully remove the tags on the back of the neck. I started cutting the stitches from the bottom - up, (not the other way round because the stitches as you cut them will loosen up easier)...one stitch at a time and would gently pull the tag to expose the next stitch or two. Don't try to speed through because you may risk cutting the sleepshirts. 

Trust me, I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but after I removed the tags from several sets already...I learned. I accidently cut through one sleepshirt myself. It only took 5 minutes to get a needle & thread to fix/repair, but I thought I'd save you and others the extra work.

Some tags on clothes in general are easy to either cut (if they are on a seam) or remove otherwise, but the tags by the neck on these nightshirts are a real pain with tight stitches.

The tags are itchy, but once the tags are removed, the sleepshirts are heaven to wear. The pockets are a bonus. HTH Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Happy free shipping day

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise 

Haha you too?!! I take the tag out of every garment that comes with one as they drive me nutty, so done and done! I rec'd mine the last week of March so I have already had a chance to de-tag, launder and feel the softness of the cotton, they will be so perfect for summer. Cant wait but for now I have my warmest jammies out and an extra blanket ontop of my bed as it is fre eeezing still up here in the PNW! My sleepshirts are laundered and folded in my drawer all ready for warmer weather!

I have a tip for you now! Next time you go to Walmart, Rite Aide or any store that sells sewing accessories and look for a seam ripper. I know that sounds dubious but every household should have one, seriously!! You can really get under a stitch and gently lift it with the pointy part then cut each stitch so much more easily then a small scissor, it really gives you more control. If you google you can see the picture of one. But anyway, I am right there with you on tags, grrrr! Again, thanks so much on the mention of these great sleepshirts, I just love them.

eta~ YES, pockets are a really big bonus!