Honored Contributor

Re: Happened to hear Amy Stran yesterday admitting that she knows she “mumbles and talks fast”!

@freakygirl 

I like really like  her too.    

Contributor

Re: Happened to hear Amy Stran yesterday admitting that she knows she “mumbles and talks fast”!

Amy actually is the one host I prefer to watch.  Everything looks great on her and if anyone is going to influence me to buy something, it is her!  I think Shawn has gotten too silly and is way too impressed with herself.  Not so sure about Courtney - I think she does a good job, but she seems to be on a lot more than the other hosts. 

Esteemed Contributor

I never had any problem understanding what Amy was saying. Have no problem with her at all, I like her. 

Super Contributor

I like Amy and like that she stopped using the term "here at our store".......she's quirky and a sweet soul......Same with Shawn.  I do still laugh when I remember Amy calling gaucho pants Groucho pants....that was memorable!😂

Respected Contributor

I highly doubt it

Esteemed Contributor

I have no problem understanding here but there are times when the hyper act along with the fast talking annoys me more than others. When that happens I change the channel. It can be frustrating if I had planned to watch and perhaps buy something being presented.

Trusted Contributor

I can only watch her a very short time.If she is not sing song her voice.she talks like she is specking to her kids.Very immature.when Courtney is there it's worse.

Honored Contributor

Amy looks great in anything and I do tend to buy when she is on.  I noticed if something is shown earlier in the day not much is sold but later on when Amy presents it and wears it, bam it's sold out.  I really like her she is adorable.

Honored Contributor

Mumbling and speaking too fast are not speech impediments.  And there is nothing wrong with saying they think a host speaks too fast and mumbles.  If people have a hard time understanding someone who speaks for a living, that could be a potential problem.    

Amy's "speech impediment" is that in certain instances she doesn't pronounce the letter "L".  She says cawed instead of called, sode instead of sold.  My own personal opinion is that it's lazy speaking more than an impediment.  I am guilty of it myself when I start speaking too quickly and I've noticed it more and more in other people and I doubt every one of them has an impediment.

That being said, I have no problem understanding Amy.  Sure she can speak a little fast sometimes but it's not a problem for me.  However, I understand some people may have hearing issues and her fast talking could be problematic for them. 

Super Contributor

We have a family birthday party coming up sson....rofl  It may happen !!!!!