Respected Contributor

Hand picked color pigments by Dermatologists????

Per Desiree when speaking about the IT Cosmetics cream blush. Really?? I’m just wondering why a dermatologist doctor would be the one in charge of the color in their cosmetics? Am I missing something? I didn’t know that deems did this when working with a beauty brand. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Valued Contributor

Re: Hand picked color pigments by Dermatologists????

It's possible the dermatologist is examining the pigments for toxic additives rather than color.

Respected Contributor

Who knows..maybe she misspoke, the company uses a derm with this type of expertise, it's useless hype or ?. Anyway it doesn't really matter, most know what blush color works best for them & understand sales tactics. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wvumountiefan wrote:

Per Desiree when speaking about the IT Cosmetics cream blush. Really?? I’m just wondering why a dermatologist doctor would be the one in charge of the color in their cosmetics? Am I missing something? I didn’t know that deems did this when working with a beauty brand. 🤷🏼‍♀️

You didn't really include context, but some things can be more irritating than others and they may have a dermatologist evaluate pigments for irritants. Some mineral and metallic pigments cause problems for people. I'm guessing it has little to do with the color and more with the content.

Honored Contributor

It does sound pretty laughable. It’s so open to interpretation 

Honored Contributor

First the company was founded w/ plastic surgeons. Now it's dermatologists. What next, podiatrists?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Because it is makeup infused with skincare benefits, I can see how dermatologists might be involved in product development.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles   Skincare maybe, but does a derm need to be involved in color selections. IT is beginning to make over the top statements like Josie. 

Honored Contributor

I bought several products when Jamie first introduced this line.  It ended up like many others I have tried, miscellaneous products in my makeup stash.  I find I can't continue with a line that refuses to make a foundation that is compatible with my coloring.  And don't get me going on that terrible Super Hero mascara.  Same thing happened with Bobbi Brown and a few others.  Not everyone  shades towards beige or olive.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I bought several products when Jamie first introduced this line.  It ended up like many others I have tried, miscellaneous products in my makeup stash.  I find I can't continue with a line that refuses to make a foundation that is compatible with my coloring.  And don't get me going on that terrible Super Hero mascara.  Same thing happened with Bobbi Brown and a few others.  Not everyone  shades towards beige or olive.  

@depglass   I certainly get your frustration. Of all makeup products, foundation is the most difficult to find...not only a match to coloring, but texture, finish (matte or creamy), amount of coverage, fragrance or not, etc.