Valued Contributor

How can they talk so much about this halo bolt I would like to know how many minutes hours since midnight they have discussed this charger. Every time I flip it over to the QVC they are discussing it. They should just use pre-recordings.

Esteemed Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

How can they talk so much about this halo bolt I would like to know how many minutes hours since midnight they have discussed this charger. Every time I flip it over to the QVC they are discussing it. They should just use pre-recordings.

@KACEE1115   They are killing their business because we are all sick of the same item being shown all day.   It is pathetic.

Respected Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

They do. TSV shows are repeated between 2:00AM-7:00AM.

Respected Contributor

I am convinced that for all TSV that companies pay like info-mercials. That is to pay for a certain amount of air time. When I saw Bose on the other day I did not watch live at all.

Esteemed Contributor

I only caught the tale end of it when surfing channels but I could swear when Shawn was doing the demo with it the truck she used it on wouldn't start. And she was embarrassed and so was whatshername the vendor and Shawn made some comment like "this would only happen to me" or something along those lines. And the vendor responded with something like "sometimes things just go wrong". I'm not using their exact words but close. Unless I was asleep and dreaming.

Valued Contributor
@shaggygirl
I saw that presentation with Shawn, how embarrassing, but I guess things do happen, live TV. Lololol
But this weekends programming was absolutely horrendous.
Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

I am convinced that for all TSV that companies pay like info-mercials. That is to pay for a certain amount of air time. When I saw Bose on the other day I did not watch live at all.

@granddi 

I posted it in a thread awhile back from an interview with QVC and vendors....

The vendor does not pay for air time, QVC gets  a "commission" based on inventory that's sold. QVC sets the time slot and how often a product is presented...it's a non-negotiable item in the contract with the vendor and QVC. ....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor
@shaggygirl & @jlrbr - No, I didn’t see that presentation, but I bet it WAS embarrassing. We have had our Halo BOLT chargers for about 4 years. We love them, but I think they work as long as your battery isn’t almost completely depleted.

About a month ago, I had an issue where my lights were coming on at random times and running my battery down. It happened three days in a row. The BOLT jump started it each time. Well, it happened a fourth time and the “safety check” light just kept blinking. We tried my hubby’s HALO, but got the same result. Our BOLTS were charged, so we knew that wasn’t the issue. So, we had to use his traditional jumper cables. My vehicle immediately started. Don’t get me wrong, I love the HALO & was thankful that it saved me from being late to work three days in a row. However, it taught me that I need to keep the regular jumper cables in my vehicle just in case. I guess my battery had run down so much that the HALO just want strong enough to jump it.
Esteemed Contributor

@Bandwife23 wrote:
@shaggygirl& @jlrbr - No, I didn’t see that presentation, but I bet it WAS embarrassing. We have had our Halo BOLT chargers for about 4 years. We love them, but I think they work as long as your battery isn’t almost completely depleted.

About a month ago, I had an issue where my lights were coming on at random times and running my battery down. It happened three days in a row. The BOLT jump started it each time. Well, it happened a fourth time and the “safety check” light just kept blinking. We tried my hubby’s HALO, but got the same result. Our BOLTS were charged, so we knew that wasn’t the issue. So, we had to use his traditional jumper cables. My vehicle immediately started. Don’t get me wrong, I love the HALO & was thankful that it saved me from being late to work three days in a row. However, it taught me that I need to keep the regular jumper cables in my vehicle just in case. I guess my battery had run down so much that the HALO just want strong enough to jump it.

@Bandwife23 

But what about the lights going on at random times???? Was that a battery related issue??? That got cured when you used battery cables??? You've got me  curious now.

Regular Contributor
@shaggygirl -

Lol, we found out that the wand that controls my bright lights and turn signals was malfunctioning.

Hubby and I were just as curious as you are! He was the one that actually first discovered it was happening. We both have to be at work very early. He went out into the garage one morning, and my bright lights were on! He turned them off and left. I guess they hadn’t been on long, because my SUV started that day with no problems. A few days later, they did it again. That’s when the “3 day in a row” incident happened. The fourth day is when the BOLT wouldn’t jump it. I told him I had the suv version of “Christine” (the car from Stephen King’s movie). 😂 It was the strangest thing!!!