Half tucked look???  How did that become fashiobable???

Super Contributor

Hello! It's been around for at least 5 years now.

Super Contributor

Re: Half tucked

[ Edited ]

Even though it has been around awhile it looks like someone forgot to pull their shirt out after going to the restroom! It looks sloppy. To each his / her own . ..  .. 

Trusted Contributor

It started, as a lot of fashion trends do, with couture, and filtered down.  

It depends on the items, but, I often, like the look. I think it can add some interest, to, for instance, a very basic, jeans and tee. 

Respected Contributor

The half tuck will be dated soon as something else will appear on the runway. At least this look can be tossed and one can keep the c!othing. 

Valued Contributor

@MsMetoo Please, when you find out let me know.  I have never seen anything so ridiculous.  Oh wait a minute yes I have, remember the pants hanging off the  derriere from years ago, another ridiculous "style."  Although it was primarily males sporting that fashion statement.  Anyway to each his own, but not me.

Respected Contributor

I didn’t do this for the first few years it was popular because I thought it would look like I was trying too hard LOL. Now I will do it occasionally with a T-shirt and jeans because it does define the waist a little bit and is more flattering than a full tuck. 

Honored Contributor

When it first happened, I tried it and felt stupid -- like I was trying to be one of the youngsters.  It didn't feel natural to me.  I thought -- forget it -- I should either tuck it all the way in or leave it out!  Considering my stomach, etc. is not the best these days, I opted for leaving it out!  Some times I think it looks cute and other times not.  It seems like this look is not going away, so....

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I think the half tuck, side tuck, full front tuck w/ back not tucked...lots of variations, gives me a waist. I have a rectangular, athletic body shape, no waist. Wearing my shirts or tees out, hanging down, just accentuates the no waist look. By tucking in, putting a belt (or not) on my jeans, you can see a somewhat defined waist. I also like adding a narrow colored belt...pop of red, silver, leopard. 

Whether of not it works for you or if you like it, depends on body type. I do think it's a jeans look...not meant for blouses w/ slacks. That's when I neatly tuck the blouse/shirt in the pants and add a narrow belt.

Trusted Contributor

I think it looks sloppy but thats just me.  Not a fan, but apparently a lot are because they all seem to be doing it.  As with most anything, some can pull it off better than others.  You won't see me doing it, but then I am not a fan (for me personally)  of wearing anything tucked in.  I have to for work because Iam in uniform but the minute I get home, all bets are off.