Honored Contributor

Many salon employees seem to be illegally performing services in their homes.  I've noticed a lot of dickering going on on the  NextDoorapp.  This is unfortunate because they are breaking the letter and spirit of the law and could speedily lose their licenses.  I know from my past experience investigating fraud just how quickly friends and neighbors catch onto this sort of thing and report it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Leah's nails are definitely artificial.  You can see her natural nail under the acrylic.  Some people are definitely getting things done whether it's professionally or they are doing it themselves.

Someone made a comment to Dr. Ashton on her social media about how great she looked and she commented that it was a combination of good lighting and professional stylists in the studio.   

And of course as others have said, some stylists are doing things illegally.

Valued Contributor

None of the salons are open now in Illinois.  I do know of people on the sly who have had their hairdresser or nail technician come to their home or they went to their home.  Its not supposed to happen and you are taking a risk. I've let my hair grow.  I don't need a touch up and I trim my own bangs.  I trimmed my husbands hair today. 

Respected Contributor

I noticed that Lynn Murphy on hsn has fresh gel nails and a highlight hair job.  She must have friends in the business. Or maybe Florida salons are open already. 

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I noticed that Lynn Murphy on hsn has fresh gel nails and a highlight hair job.  She must have friends in the business. Or maybe Florida salons are open already. 

@santorini  As another poster said, people are ignoring this. I see posters here saying the stylist came to their house or they went to her house. I'm sure many people are doing this.

Honored Contributor

I think (just guessing) that the make-up person(s) are back working at QVC.

A few weeks I've watched & some hosts "looked" like they were doing their make-up & hair.  Then, I saw certain hosts with perfect make-up & hair over weekend.  One can tell if it's done professionally.

I saw on FB people have hairdressers and nail techs that work from home.  These ladies have been going to their homes or they come to theirs as of last week.  My nail tech and hairdresser both

offered to come to my home this week -- told them thank you but not now. ( I believe salons will open by next week )

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Many salon employees seem to be illegally performing services in their homes.  I've noticed a lot of dickering going on on the  NextDoorapp.  This is unfortunate because they are breaking the letter and spirit of the law and could speedily lose their licenses.  I know from my past experience investigating fraud just how quickly friends and neighbors catch onto this sort of thing and report it.

-------------

Nothing like the neighborhood snitch 😞

Valued Contributor

It's the people who tell that protect those who don't.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Esteemed Contributor

@IslanderGirl62 wrote:

My gel wraps/manicure looked horrible last week, until I received all my self manicure products from Amazon - did my own UV gel fill, and now they look great again.  

Hi @IslanderGirl62   .. can you share what products you purchased from Amazon?  TIA

Honored Contributor

@santorini   I have a friend in Florida and in her area, she is able to get her hair cut....but I know across the state everything is not open.