Honored Contributor

Re: Had to sign for my Q packages today🤷‍♀️

@Kachina624 wrote:

@homedecor1    Have you reported packages lost or misdelivered?  If you've had some it may be a new policy just for YOU.  I've had several that a new driver lost and I wouldn't be surprised if I'd get that too.  They can't ring the doorbell because they'd have to lift their arm 12", despite a sign asking them to do so.  I wouldn't mind signing as I'd at least know there were packages out there.

get a basic doorbell camera 

Honored Contributor

I have to sign and show my driver's license when I get wine delivered from QVC (delivered by FedEx).

Everything else is USPS or UPS, and it's just left at my door. 

Respected Contributor

Maybe something new in your area. They still drop at door, knock and leave. Have not had to sign for UPS since March 2020. Can’t say same for other carriers which is why I try and avoid shopping at places that don’t use UPS or USPS.
Respected Contributor

Perhaps it is a temporary glitch. UPS requires a signature on any package delivered to a commercial address. They do not leave them outside the door. Sometimes they will leave a package with a neighboring business, but they sign for it.

I think there is a real possibility you will not have to sign again. Someone at the warehouse probably clicked on the wrong instructions.

Trusted Contributor

We have deliveries almost daily. Due to remodeling the entire upstairs we have several deliveries a day, USPS, UPS, FedEx and Amazon. We never have to sign for anything. I did receive 2 packages from QVC via UPS yesterday and they left them at the door. I believe its something unique to @homedecor1 .

In actuality, with the holiday season fast approaching, I can't imagine any of the delivery drivers could possibly have time to wait for someone to answer the door, then get a signature. And, if no answer then they would have to reload the item. What a mess that would be, their days would be extended longer than they already are. Every day I see our UPS driver and they literally run from the truck to the front door and run back to the truck. All I think about is wow, how many calories do they burn in a day, I bet they can eat whatever they want Woman Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

I just got a couple of packages from the Q, UPS delivered, yesterday and no signature was required.  I'm thinking it's based on the delivery area (not just your plat) of that UPS hub.  Maybe a lot of claims for missing packages in that area.

Trusted Contributor

it makes sense... but most of the time people arent home.. i think everyone should be taking a pic when they leave it outside your house.. amazon sometimes does and i think thats an awesome idea!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe it was just a random request because UPS delivered 2 things yesterday I wasn't home -- they were on the porch waiting for me.

I just got Sunday delivery and no signature required.

Happy Sunday 🎃🍁🍂🌻

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Lately have ordered from other companies,not shopping channels and see  that they were  using FEDEX and thought oh no because in the past they got very poor reviews. Have to say am very pleased as the packages came before the expected delivery date which was nice and got email with a picture of the package within 5 minutes in  front of my sunroom door,thought that was a good idea to safe guard the worker  and the company.

If  your package is missing you have a thief in your neighborhood,and then should have a ring doorbell system .

Super Contributor

I never understood why the public rolled over and played dead when the Post Office introduced cluster mailboxes.  I live in a small town of about 13,000.  All areas with new builds, starting sometime in the eighties, have them.

I live in the old part of town where the mailman still puts mail in the box attached to my house and leaves packages on the porch.  Delivery problems for me originate with QVC's delayed (and unexplained) shipping.