Honored Contributor

Looks like HSN is not airing today......  Too bad because it was jewelry all day long!  Totally understand it though and wish them all well in Florida while preparing for another big hurricane. 

Honored Contributor

Everyone,

Stay Safe - A Cartoon Illustration Of A Handwritten Stay Safe Sign.

Trusted Contributor

Hope all stay safe!

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Trusted Contributor

I thought they might have sent some people to broadcast from Nashville as they had done in the past.

Trusted Contributor

I wonder if it will be all day.  Odd that there isn't an announcement on their website.

Honored Contributor

Assuming it takes a bit of time to set up to broadcast from TN.   I was also surprised no banner on the website.  It seems to me this storm came out of nowhere quickly, unless I just missed it!

Respected Contributor

Prayers for all in the path of Idalia. Stay safe.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal   I think it's easy to miss what's going on with weather when you don't live in the area.  Here I am on the east coast of Florida where there's little chance of damaging water or wind.  I stopped listening myself until this morning.  I'm back to following the news and even pulled out my Florida maps because I am so unfamiliar with some of the place names.  

But, I've already done most of the preparation I can do far ahead of time for a hurricane that targets this coast.  Hurricane season in a typical year doesn't even peak until mid-September, but the water temperatures that propel the storms are so high now that I think it's folly to assume this year will be like the past. 

My insurance is due in mid-January; no company will even offer an idea of cost until hurricane seasons ends in November ---  if it does.  Just this morning I saw an agent from my area remind us our costs will be impacted even if we are fortunate not to endure the physical damage. ourselves.  

Honored Contributor

Because of Idalia.  Safety first.

Honored Contributor

Stay safe @millieshops !!