Trusted Contributor

HSN has much better deals then QVC

I have noticed HSN has had 4 or more flexpays all weekend for last five days. There items had free shipping on so many. They had fantastic Today specials like the NFL throw that sold 60000 and there curved Samsung TV sold out at over 10000. They have already sold over 20000 computers today much is a much better deal then the one QVC had. Is it me or was QVC black friday and weekend deals felt lackluster next to HSN
Honored Contributor

Re: HSN has much better deals then QVC

@JONNYSBRO - 

HSN almost always has better deals.

Respected Contributor

Many items that aren't free shipping are only $3.00 shipping too.  I think HSN as figured out what people really want.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

I have noticed HSN has had 4 or more flexpays all weekend for last five days. There items had free shipping on so many. They had fantastic Today specials like the NFL throw that sold 60000 and there curved Samsung TV sold out at over 10000. They have already sold over 20000 computers today much is a much better deal then the one QVC had. Is it me or was QVC black friday and weekend deals felt lackluster next to HSN

It's all relative. I don't want anything NFL related, so that holds no appeal for me.

The computer HSN selling is not "a much better deal" than the computer QVC sold the other day. It's a less expensive computer with less power. The HSN offering has a slower processor, 4GB of RAM vs the 12GB QVC offered, and the hard drive is half the size. The HP has a touch screen, but that's a preference. Some people really like it. I find it an unnecessary expense on a laptop or desktop computer. A cheaper price for a lesser quality item is not the same as "better deal" and you have to compare what you actually get before you determine which is the better deal. I don't believe the HSN computer is a better deal, it's just a cheaper price for a lesser quality item.

Respected Contributor

I agree that touch control is unnecessary on a laptop.  It's actually easier and more convenient for me to keep my hands on the keyboard and mouse.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBROIf you think the deals are better, they are -   for you.

For me, HSN does nothing.  I did buy a few items from them some years ago when I was less experienced with buying from TV.  Sad to say, first impressions last a very long time and my first impressions of HSN were way under my experiences with QVC.  Neither was perfect, but I have yet to find any site online or in brick and mortar that is.

Anyway -  if you find what you like there and HSN's deals work for you -  please go.  Just don't expect me to go along.  Just not able to go there.  I didn't even like the items people gifted to me from there -  and that happened years after I quit spending my own money there.  Sometimes even free is expensive!

Trusted Contributor

Then shop at HSN.  Enough said!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

It's all relative. I don't want anything NFL related, so that holds so appeal for me.

The computer HSN selling is not "a much better deal" than the computer QVC sold the other day. It's a less expensive computer with less power. The HSN offering has a slower processor, 4GB of RAM vs the 12 QVC offered, and the hard drive is half the size. The HP has a touch screen, but that's a preference. Some people really like it. I find it an unnecessary expense on a laptop or desktop computer. A cheaper price is not the same as "better deal" and you have to compare what you actually get before you determine which is the better deal. I don't believe the HSN computer is a better deal, it's just cheaper. 

I was going to say the very same thing, @ChynnaBlue.  HSN's laptop deal is by no means a better deal.  How can anyone look at the pricetag alone and deem it a "better deal?"  The two laptop specifications are nothing alike.

As an aside, and just a matter of preference, I do not want a touchscreen laptop.  That's what I have my tablet for, and I take my tablet to work and use at home for some things.  I need the laptop for all my heavy-lifting computer work and storage.

Honored Contributor

For the most part, the only thing that HSN offers me is their craft shows (for which I'm extremely grateful).  And while they often have super deals on shipping charges on craft events, their shipping is usually quite slow.  Right now, I watch very little of any of the shopping channels. Quite boring, at a time of year when you'd expect to be "wow'd".  

Honored Contributor

SHRUG. Then shop there. So what? I don't watch HSN and have no interest in their "deals".