Trusted Contributor

Since the Q group bought HSN it's becoming more and more QVC like..sets look different, hosts are doing softer sales and now hosts are getting their own shows. Marlo now has a gormuet kitchen food show and Shannon has a cooking show. It's becoming way more Q like. Turns out all of the people working at HSN are long time QVC producers. They fired almost everyone who worked at HSN before transition.
Contributor

Re: HSN feeling more like QVC

I noticed it immediately.Molded exactly like QVC. Also brands that are on QVC are now also on HSN. Sometimes HSN is. Few dollars cheaper. I never liked HSN before but now like you said a softer approach and stage settings have made all the difference.The format for selling is exactly like QVC.

Respected Contributor

HSN hosts have always had their own shows. Furthermore, they have always had a softer approach, which more QVC hosts should emulate.

Frequent Contributor

they can be like QVC but HSN can get the motor mouth ones to tone it down and slow down a bit.. lay off the energy drinks..
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sandra over the weekend presented "Beauty IQ Deal" Hair dryer. Her voice was so loud and frantic each passing sentence annoying. Stopped watching!

Esteemed Contributor

I guess they feel it works at the Q it will work at the H. 

Super Contributor

I personally think QVC needs to settle down a few hosts.   Watching Jane and Pat, they are funny, have great chemistry and don't act like a bunch of loud mouthed, giggling teens.  On the flip side, watching Amy last evening she was loud, giggly and  reminded me of a teenager at a  slumber party.  Shawn gets out of control alot of times  She's not as bad as she used to be.   I've never noticed HSN hosts acting like babbling kids but on the other hand maybe some folks like these displays of immaturity.  

Esteemed Contributor

In general, I agree that the HSN hosts are much, much more professional and pleasant to view.  They even dress like adults, most of the time   Very new ones like Michelle Yarn and Tina Jennings have fit in seamlessly, with charming personalities.

Sorry to say, I can't say the same for QVC.  At least 2 of the newest hosts have excruciatingly awful voices.

Honored Contributor

HSN hosts have always had their own shows.  I'm curious how in the world you know that all of the people working at HSN are long time QVC producers.  How do you know they fired almost everyone who worked at HSN before the transition?  I don't believe these things you say without proof.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Totally agree with the previous poster's comment about the giggling and was looking for a spot to comment about PM Style opening last night.  The giggling up front by Amy and the "girls"  (sorry, I can't ladies, these women were acting like teenagers)--and the on-and-on comment about the cheesecake, the model's birthday, and talking about THEMSELVES was just WAY WAY over the top. I was totally frustrated that they couldn't get to introducing the first item details and also the top that Amy was wearing, and I was interested in ordering--and also remembering to tell us the sizes the models had on.  To QVC-PLEASE tell some of these hosts to stop focusing on themselves so much--it's often embarrasing to watch!