Trusted Contributor

HSN copying Q's return protocols

I just received a pair of shoes from HSN and was surprised to see the packing slip - it looked like a QVC slip - the small one that folds in half, and you peel off one half for the return label and send back the other half with the return.  Everything looked like a Q return except the HSN name and address, and they list the price of the item which Q does not.

Also, it would cost me $7.95 to return the shoes.  I don't remember it being quite that high before, but I could be mistaken.

Additionally, we used to have to option of returning either via UPS (which I preferred) or Post Office (takes forever.)  There was no such option - just PO.

I was hoping that when the two shopping channels were purchased by the same company that the better practices would prevail on the other channel.  The opposite seems to be happening.

Respected Contributor

Re: HSN copying Q's return protocols

Yes HSN has been $7.95 for quite some time , they do give you option for UPS. But at this time QVC is $6.95 for returns.

Valued Contributor

They are owned by the same company 

Honored Contributor

@Bookplate wrote:

I just received a pair of shoes from HSN and was surprised to see the packing slip - it looked like a QVC slip - the small one that folds in half, and you peel off one half for the return label and send back the other half with the return.  Everything looked like a Q return except the HSN name and address, and they list the price of the item which Q does not.

Also, it would cost me $7.95 to return the shoes.  I don't remember it being quite that high before, but I could be mistaken.

Additionally, we used to have to option of returning either via UPS (which I preferred) or Post Office (takes forever.)  There was no such option - just PO.

I was hoping that when the two shopping channels were purchased by the same company that the better practices would prevail on the other channel.  The opposite seems to be happening.

Sadly, it rarely ever works that way.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC has free exchanges if you need a different size or color.  HSN charges $7.95 if you just want to exchange the item for another size or color.  This happened to me so I am now extra careful when I order clothes from HSN.

Here is what I found on the HSN website regarding returns and exchanges

Pay nothing up front.  The Easy Returns processing service charge (includes insurance) will be deducted from your credit or refund, or in the event of an exchange, we will charge your credit card:

• 5 lbs  or less $7.95
  • $9.95 for more  than 5 lbs

Respected Contributor

@lucky-girl wrote:

They are owned by the same company 

Exactly, so it makes perfect sense.

Esteemed Contributor

Actually you can exchange free of charge on HSN.   You simply use the exchange option under order status.  They will send you the new item and you have 14 days to return the original item you received and there are zero charges added to your account.

Trusted Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

Actually you can exchange free of charge on HSN.   You simply use the exchange option under order status.  They will send you the new item and you have 14 days to return the original item you received and there are zero charges added to your account.

Thank you; did not realize that.

Contributor

I wish QVC would use that exchange policy. I have made multiple attempts to exchange a QVC item and have never received the new item. Always refunded to my account.
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

A few months ago I wanted to exchange a tee shirt from HSN because the sizing was very small.  Even most of the reviews for this item indicated how small the tee was.  I called HSN Customer Service and spoke to a very nice rep who said she would send a replacement and I should send the shirt back within 2 weeks.  This is what I did but my credit card (not an HSN credit card) charged me $7.95 for the exchange.

I then called HSN and a Customer Service rep told me that was the policy and I would be charged $7.95 for the exchange.  I then asked to speak to a supervisor and told the supervisor that I wasn't informed about an exchange fee and I eventually got the $7.95 removed from my credit card.  This was back in February 2021 and the refund was issued in April.

Hopefully they revised their exchange policy so that the customer will not be charged.

This is what I found on the HSN website

Pay nothing up front.  The Easy Returns processing service charge (includes insurance) will be deducted from your credit or refund, or in the event of an exchange, we will charge your credit card:

• 5 lbs  or less $7.95
  • $9.95 for more  than 5 lbs