Honored Contributor

Re: HSN = better culinary guests and kitchen shows

[ Edited ]

I agree with OP---like most of the people EXCEPT Wolfgang and Shannon Smith because, you know she has everything and will buy another one. 

Esteemed Contributor

I also think that the food shows on HSN are easier to watch!  I like Marlo and her presentation skills.  And I like that there is no silly dancing, eye rolling and foolish behavior.  The food shows on the QVC are getting so ridiculous, products are too repetitive and the eating that goes on...you'd think the hosts had never had a decent meal!!

Contributor

QVC seems to be lowering their standards while HSN has raised theirs.  HSN often has an hour of beautiful brand new Curtis Stone cookware, while QVC has the same Temptations designs over and over, either Old World or Floral Lace.  Temptations is getting tiresome.   The Curtis Stone shows are much more interesting to watch.    Often the QVC shows have nothing but pre-packaged cookies, snack mixes and cakes for the majority of the show.  I'm afraid when it comes to kitchen shows about shiny new products, QVC is losing its luster.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that HSN has better craft and kitchen shows than the Q.  Curtis Stone is my favorite and his products are fantastic.  I have slowly replaced most of my cookware with is and they are great.  For crafters, HSN has terrific stuff and it is demonstrated very well.  Each channel has it's pluses and minuses and I check them both out.  A few hosts on both are unwatchable to me, so I look on line.

Respected Contributor

@libdem  Yes! I totally agree  with you!  I could watch HSN cooking presentations over QVC's any day of the week. Along with the HSN's hosts being better, better prepared, better information, better speaking volume, better, better, better. The Q hosts need to be mentored by HSN hosts. They would learn a thing or two.

Contributor

What's great about HSN kitchen shows is that their guests like Curtis Stone and Wolfgang Puck actually cook all kinds of dishes while presenting their products.  You get to see in real time how the cookware works, how to clean and maintain it.  Whereas QVC kitchen guests only show already prepared food and they don't explain much how to care for the product.

Respected Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

@libdem  Yes! I totally agree  with you!  I could watch HSN cooking presentations over QVC's any day of the week. Along with the HSN's hosts being better, better prepared, better information, better speaking volume, better, better, better. The Q hosts need to be mentored by HSN hosts. They would learn a thing or two.

Well said!!!

Valued Contributor

@corita wrote:

I also think that the food shows on HSN are easier to watch!  I like Marlo and her presentation skills.  And I like that there is no silly dancing, eye rolling and foolish behavior.  The food shows on the QVC are getting so ridiculous, products are too repetitive and the eating that goes on...you'd think the hosts had never had a decent meal!!

I totally agree!!