Esteemed Contributor

HSN RETURNS FAST - QVC RETURNS SLOW

I bought an item from HSN  - it was delivered in 4 days.  Didn’t work for me so I returned.  3 days later return received and refund processed.  How is it that HSN can ship and process returns so fast and QVC takes almost forever?   I don’t get it.  I returned 4 beauty items to QVC.  I returned on my own using first class mail with tracking.  Tracking showed they were all delivered to QVC on June 2d.  Qvc claimed they had no record of the returns. I had to email the tracking receipt and it still took them another 5 days to acknowledge receipt and another 3 days to issue the refunds.   It cost me $3.50 to return each item via first class mail as opposed to using QVCs label for $6.95

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HSN RETURNS FAST - QVC RETURNS SLOW

@Teddixat wrote:

I bought an item from HSN  - it was delivered in 4 days.  Didn’t work for me so I returned.  3 days later return received and refund processed.  How is it that HSN can ship and process returns so fast and QVC takes almost forever?   I don’t get it.  I returned 4 beauty items to QVC.  I returned on my own using first class mail with tracking.  Tracking showed they were all delivered to QVC on June 2d.  Qvc claimed they had no record of the returns. I had to email the tracking receipt and it still took them another 5 days to acknowledge receipt and another 3 days to issue the refunds.   It cost me $3.50 to return each item via first class mail as opposed to using QVCs label for $6.95

Ita...I have sent several things back because of sizing issues...each was receieved and credited within a few days! I am amazed at HSN's CS..they're the best!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

HSN exchange policy is much faster as well. You simply go to your online account, click on the exchange option and choose either for exchange. The best part is, they don't have to actually receive the item for exchange before sending you the item you want! You simply return the item to HSN as soon as possible. This way, you're more likely to get exactly what you want before the supply runs out. I can't tell you how many times I've returned and item, requesting an exchange only to be told it's sold out! 

Trusted Contributor

I just had the exact same experience with an HSN return.  Within 4 days of returning a pair of shoes...it was received and processed..including the credit to my account.  No waiting for 2 billing cycles to see the adjustment.  I have been with QVC for 32 years and will continue to be a customer, but I have recently had better experiences and better deals or promotions with HSN.   Good to have options.  The cost of shipping and returns is a major issue for me.  As a retired person on a fixed income I have to weigh those options every time I consider a purchase.  

Honored Contributor

I have always had fast returns with HSN.  I sent back a few things to QVC and I used the click  & ship from home.  They have had the items for 10 days and still no refund.  

Regular Contributor

I dropped a HSN return at the UPS Store at 9am yesterday, and today at 1:30pm I received an e-mail from HSN saying they received my return and processed my refund.

My QVC returns often spend a week at the post office before they are picked up.

Regular Contributor

That has also been my consistent experience with HSN vs. QVC returns. I am always amazed at how fast HSN processes the returns.

Almost without fail, I have to call QVC customer service, because my tracking # will show the return was received at QVC usually a week ago, and no sign of a return credit.

It's really strange, but it never seems to change, so I guess they don't care.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four

@laro

@Pecky

@Diva on The Q@Mombo

Wouldn't it be nice if those QVC moderators would send this to customer service.  QVC owns HSN, you would think they could be more efficient.  Honestly, QVC used to have great customer service but now when you call up and I am always respectful to customer service, you get a real attitude from some of them

Occasional Contributor

Agree. Return process is slow now. I call customer service to confirm return and credit. Very frustrating.

Occasional Contributor

I receive a return credit from hsn within a week whereas qvc usually takes a month.  I also many times receive $5 spendable cash credit as well. HSN is where I now shop.  I so appreciate being notified when I click on the heart and am notified when an item is marker down.