Occasional Contributor

Re: HSN Mr Christmas & VPH sell the same products??

YES. Both sell made in China junk.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie I'm sure your correct

For years I owned a design/decorating business producing a shopping catalog.  We'd go to the Atlanta (and other) trade shows and select what we'd want, amounts, etc  (from China even back then) if we wanted to "tweak" a product, you dealt directly with manufacturer through wholesaler/buyer .

I highly doubt Valerie travels to China to the manufacturing plant or meets with actual designers -- her stuff is done thru "wholesale" distributors and QVC most likely chooses the amount and negotiates price (and of course markup amount...which is high).

JMO...overpriced Covid or shipping problems...

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:
Im disgusted with all the Chinese goods Valerie is bringing us. Years ago her wreaths were made in New Jersey and she had soy candles from Arkansas. She struck a deal with the Chinese about 10 years ago and got greedy. I was done with imported Chinese junk 4 years ago. Their implication with the Virus has only intensified my checking labels to make sure I avoid Chinese goods.

@Reever while you're checking labels to avoid Chinese goods, make sure you check where the computer or phone you are typing on to post on this forum is from.

Respected Contributor

@DJs mom. We can only control things to a point. Of course my computer comes from China but the more we examine labels and boycott Chinese goods the better America will be. China owns so much of our debt it is scary. I fear their master plan is to take over our country. one day and colonize us. I fear for our grandchildren.
Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:
@DJs mom. We can only control things to a point. Of course my computer comes from China but the more we examine labels and boycott Chinese goods the better America will be. China owns so much of our debt it is scary. I fear their master plan is to take over our country. one day and colonize us. I fear for our grandchildren.

@Reever- then quit shopping at Big Lots