Valued Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

In general, I can watch the HSN hosts longer than I can watch any QVC host.  They mostly stick to selling without going off on a tangent--JMO!!

I enjoy HSN as well.  They are all professional and they look nice.  Callie has one of the best hairstyles  its perfect on her. Just had to throw this in, I love her hair lol 

I have taken a photo of her hairstyle to try to get mine cut the way hers is

Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

In general, I can watch the HSN hosts longer than I can watch any QVC host.  They mostly stick to selling without going off on a tangent--JMO!!

I enjoy HSN as well.  They are all professional and they look nice.  Callie has one of the best hairstyles  its perfect on her. Just had to throw this in, I love her hair lol 

That's funny...Callie's hair does look cute on her. That said....I'm always pining for Amy's hair...the cut, color, style is perfection to me. haha. So much cuter than when she had it longer. It always looks just so now! I was actually thinking of taking it to my hairdresser...I have kind of a longer version of it now. Anyhoo...we digressed I guess, but since you brought up hair..had to go there too. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: HSN Hosts..

[ Edited ]

I don't watch either channel all that much any more but I have to agree that HSN hosts (except for Shannon) are much more toned down than QVC, Strange because 25-30 years ago HSN was literally unwatchable because of their hard sell tactics.

Respected Contributor

I like Alyce and Callie on Saturday morning. I put them on over Kirstin and Alberti. Those 2 together are too much for me in the morning. I never liked Guy from HSN and recently I've changed my mind. I've been shopping HSN a lot more recently.

Honored Contributor

Just curious.

Those who prefer HSN and their hosts.  How many purchases do you make?

I am just wondering if the soft sell, laid back presentations are working.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Just curious.

I buy more from HSN than I do QVC.  At this time I have twice as many items in my "favorites" list on HSN than I do on my "wish" list on QVC.  This is due not so much because of the hosts on HSN, who I do prefer,  but the better pricing, frequent price reductions, being notified when an item has been reduced and more frequent free shipping.

Respected Contributor

There is alot of crossover of products now since the two companies are connected. Some years ago posters could not mention HSN but referred to it as the S. channel. I shop most where the best price is and if I want an item and check on line. If  there is free ship a plus and they seem to offer more discounts. I needed a new 12 inch frying pan and ordered one from HSN during their free ship this weekend. Their shipping seems faster and better packed.

I dont watch as much live on either network any more. I did take  notice they were not in the pajama game. If Cuddle Duds were sold they wore the product and changed back into Street Clothing. Their hair is styled. I like the Hosts better in general. I can name more I like than dislike. Guy can be a little like Rick ,over enthused.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Just curious.

It's not so much soft sell to me, it's what I "need" it to be to "convince" me...and that is "informative" about the products. And I have bought over the years from HSN, and purchased yesterday's TSV. Just depends on products for me. And I don't buy all the time from either channel. I don't need a lot...if there's a makeup item I'm out of, or article of clothing I need to refresh.

Over the years I purchased more from QVC because there were certain products, makeup, Philosophy, some clothing, that became favorite brands of mine that HSN simply didn't carry. Some of those have gone away...or brand not what it used to be. Anyway...to answer your question...I'm not swayed by "tough sell"...I always need to be informed. When hosts are all "theatrics", and omit important info...I quickly get disgusted and turn it off. Plenty of other places to buy things these days.

Honored Contributor

Re: HSN Hosts..

[ Edited ]

I used to only watch HSN when Colleen Lopez was hosting.  But in the past three or four years, my viewing and shopping has increased ten-fold in favor of HSN.

While I still prefer QVC's item assortment, I shop for them mostly online.  QVC's frantic, loud and often childish hosting gimmicks have become a big turnoff.  

HSN has boring sets, and some cheesy on-air product line-ups sometimes, but after watching more & more of their hosts, there are several that I find charming, adult, interesting, funny (but not immature) and sharp -- without the manic antics.  So I am indeed buying more on that channel as well now.

HSN has even managed to hire two relatively new hosts, that I've watched many times recently, and they are fabulous!  Again, not silly, quirky (for lack of a better word), or juvenile. They don't make the presentations all about their own popularity score on FB!

Are the viewing demographics that different among the two channels?  I wonder.

If HSN gets a broader depth and breath of quality products, I may never watch QVC again.  As much as I still like some QVC hosts, QVC seem to be driving all of them towards hackneyed reality TV doom.

Esteemed Contributor

I too prefer HSN over the Q and have for most of the years.  I adore Colleen and I would buy anything she is selling.  She just has a knack for it !!   She's very seasoned now, I remember when she first started hosting way back when.  I have watched both channels over the years but I always would go back to HSN.........ITA, the hosts are so much better.

One small thing that bothers me though  is that they also let a couple of good hosts go and then went on to hire others.  ???