Valued Contributor

For those of you that are interested in HSN 's  HP Chrome book special you might want to check out Targets circular in today's paper they have a 14 inch hp chrome book for 209-259 on sale. I am sure their are differences in the models but to compensate for the big price difference I don't know.

Super Contributor

frustrated with Windows, I switched to Chromebooks and will never go back. first one (loved) was a Toshiba; second one (hated) Lenova. I now have the HP Chromebook and it is the bomb! perfect in so many ways. 

auto updates keep their propriatary virus protection (free) up to date, extremely fast, doesn't get hot on lap. the backlit keys are very wonderfully visable (a must have). 

in short, highly recommend whevever you purchase. I got mine as the HSN daily special about 6 months ago. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Be sure to check the end of life date.

Honored Contributor

Re: HP Chromebook

[ Edited ]

I can't find the expiration date for the auto update for the TS HP. Does anyone know what the exp date is for this Chromebook? In case you didn't know, all Chromebooks in all makes have an expiration date meaning their software will stop updating and then your device becomes a security issue. So you need to buy another one.

ETA - I checked google for their update expiration dates for "HP-A" models and it looks like June 2026.

https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/6220366?hl=en#zippy=%2Chp

Esteemed Contributor

I was gifted a Samsung Chromebook and don't seem to find it all that clear to understand.  I've watched many videos which were helpful, but none addressed where my trash or junk mail goes.  I'm so used to apple products that are so easy to use.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee- For the 32GB, it is 2023.

Honored Contributor

Re: HP Chromebook

[ Edited ]

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Where do you see that? @qbetzforreal 

There is no 32GB offered in the TS, only 128GB.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee-  On Best Buy website.

@SilleeMee wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Where do you see that? @qbetzforreal 

There is no 32GB offered in the TS, only 128GB.