Honored Contributor

Re: HOW MANY SALES HAS QVC LOST

@Shanus wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

How many new customers have they acquired?  Probably many more than they lost.

@Kachina624   ...but when their free shipping offer ends, how many new customers will stay? 

For me, even if free shipping is offered to everyone, it's the principle of exclusion that's keeping me from making purchases....and watching.

@Shanus   It's said that it takes 6 weeks of doing something to form a habit.  Maybe that's why they extended the free shipping for so long, hoping shopping at QVC would become a habit.  There's a lot of psychology involved in marketing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Carolina925 wrote:

I'm in the minority on this subject. I understand it's a marketing ploy to get new customers. There's no such thing as "free". If they're offering anything free, it means they're tacking on the cost somewhere else. It bothers me more when they charge the same s/h for multiple items. I've wanted to order certain things in different colors before and adding on that $3.50 or $5.50 can really add up. I've also noticed that they rarely offer their "buy more/save more" offers. Of course, if you "save" $3.00 on this offer and are charged $3.50 for s/h, that's not a savings.

@Carolina925   Yes, there are so many issues if shopping here. They'll get their money to keep up with costs however they can. It does geet passed on to the customer eith in price hikes, s&h, etc. 

I never understood $5.50 to ship to me, but $7.95 to send it back...I'm not even "handling"....

@Shanus   The thing is when you can return something to Amazon for free, receive your item in 1 -2 days.  Have it delivered to your door.  Why wouldn't you.  Amazon treats everyone the same and look at their business.   Most retailers are offering free shipping.  People think because they got a lot of new customers that is going to save them??  Nope it won't.  How many times have you seen something with free shipping with a company and ordered and never ordered again from them?  I have many times. People are not home today to watch all day like they were years ago.  When I comparison shop for anything, QVC doesn't even come up most of the time.  I never search QVC for items.  I go to Google and search there, and that is what most do.  Like I said, they rarely show Q  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drlinda wrote:

Definitely agree balletbabe. Not buying until January.  Good news that I have found free shipping and discounts on all the vendor web sites I have checked.  This shipping snub by qvc has certainly broadened my shopping horizons.

@Drlinda   Make it February as they get free shipping the month of January also.  

Contributor

BalletBabe - You are not alone. I've made the decision to not make any purchases on QVC unless it's free shipping. The free shipping on the TSV's are a joke - IMO. Just not interested in what they have been offering and not an incentive at all - again, IMO. 

I've spent too much money over the years to be nickle and dimed for each item. Other online retailers provide free shipping with a certain order threshhold and at the mimimum, QVC should do the same.

I don't take issue with QVC offering incentives for new customers and I believe most frequent shoppers feel the same. As a long-time customer, I want QVC to do well. However, this promotion is just too excessive and does not reward the customers that have been shopping with them for years. 

So to answer your question - since I've shopped other retailers, I really haven't saved any money - but QVC didn't get my business. 

Honored Contributor

my spending habits have been as usual with QVC.

i purchased a number of items during the last free shipping weekend also.

i have not been "boycotting."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

via CNBC..... for those of you who are choosing AMAZON for your shopping needs, even "free shipping" isnt always a draw. it is probably safe to say that QVC may have this same issue with some shoppers, no matter what the company chooses to do.

Amazon has had a rocky year so far as it confronts macroeconomic headwinds, soaring inflation and rising interest rates. Those challenges have coincided with a slowdown in Amazon's core retail business, as consumers returned to shopping in stores.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

How many new customers have they acquired?  Probably many more than they lost.

@Kachina624   ...but when their free shipping offer ends, how many new customers will stay? 

For me, even if free shipping is offered to everyone, it's the principle of exclusion that's keeping me from making purchases....and watching.

But you just started a thread about a purchase you made. Right after you said much the same on another thread.

Respected Contributor

I am not much of a betting woman but I will bet that the new customers will not be as loyal as many of us were. You can count on that fact. 

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely! The loyalty shown in many of these threads is overwhelming. Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@Pook, I worked hard too but was widowed at age 50 after my husband battled cancer for several years and went through 2 bone marrow transplants. I also have a special needs son that will always live with me and depend on me. My circumstances in life have not been easy so I definitely have to pinch those pennies. I want to leave behind all I can for my son's care when I'm gone so pinching those pennies means a lot to me.

And I'm well aware what this post was about. And I promise you, there is a whole lot known about you floating around out there whether you use apps or not. Nothing is a secret anymore.