Honored Contributor

Re: HOW MANY SALES HAS QVC LOST

@lgfan wrote:
BalletBabe for some posters to accuse you of being obsessed they sure do keep count of every thread and post you make. Talk about obsession. "Every move you make, I'll be watching you".

Yeah, and I wonder where those posters got their degrees in psychology--LOL!!  They are too funny!

Esteemed Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I would have spent about 300.00 if it wasn't for the free shipping for NEW CUSTOMERS.   Am I alone?

Yes.

@KatieB    You need to read the posts, because I am not alone. 

@BalletBabe      You need to find something to do other than shop on QVC.  Why ask that question if you already knew the answer?   SMH

@KatieB  Find something else to do??  That is funny.   That shows you don't read posts.  I work over 40 hours a week.  I run 2 You Tube Channels and 2 Face Books.  Plus I take care of my home and yard work by myself.  I get tons of phone calls a day with my job.  I hardly sleep more then 6 hours a night.  Who needs something else to do????

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@BalletBabe 

You're the type of shopper we need.  One who openly expresses displeasure when a retailer treats customers unfairly.  Silence and acceptance gets us nowhere except more of the same down the road.  

@Foxxee   You know if they offered new customers free shipping on their first order and maybe 2 additional.  I would not care, but 3 1/2 months is a slap in long term customers face.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Haven't you ever had your cable or phone company come up with a better deal for new customers than you're getting? This is the same thing.

@Another new name Sue   I have never seen any company offer such a ridiculous offer.  3 1/2 months and people think that is ok??  No it is not.

Esteemed Contributor

If I want something I buy it. Free S&H does not influence that decision nor does the host presenting it.
Trusted Contributor

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion.  As for me, after 30+ years, I am NOT interested in purchasing from QVC. I won't say never, but for now...NO

Respected Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

@kitcat51 That is great you saved so much but wouldn't it have been so much better to also save on S&H? Sounds like you paid a pretty good amount in S&H and would guess it would be a savings of at least $20.

For those of you that don't care, I really have no problems. It must be nice to have enough funds that just by purchasing "sale" items is good enough and financially it doesn't affect you. But many here are on very limited budgets. $5 here and there definitely makes a difference. Current customers are only asking for some appreciation and incentive as well. 

I agree to offer new customers an incentive, perhaps $20 on their Q card or free S&H on their first item. But for 15 items or over 3 months? No, it was a show of a lack of appreciation for long time customers. 

Enough funds, it must be nice...those comments made in shake my head because I lost my pension so I have to bargain shop & live frugally. I understand that QVC just like other businesses need to grow their customer base so they offer incentives & if it works it benefits all customers in the long run. The idea that Q needs to appreciate me is silly...they're a business, I'm a customer when I chose to be & that's it.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

I would have spent about 300.00 if it wasn't for the free shipping for NEW CUSTOMERS.   Am I alone?

More often than not, I won't buy something from any site because of the shipping fees...

What I found is that I save money that way.  Many years ago I was spending hundreds every month with online retailers.

Now, that I no longer do that, I find that I am happier and I have a lot more money.  I was throwing my money away on things I thought I wanted, but didn't need.  It is so freeing to have shed that habit.  I am at the point now  that I pass up free shipping and super good coupons if I really don't need anything.

Think of it this way, you now have an extra $300 in your pocket and your life hasn't been negatively impacted because you didn't buy a want, rather than a genuine need.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy elsewwhere. And online.  I have diffculty in actual stores.  I buy by color, design and price point... clothing is what I am talking about.  Then everything else I also attempt online purchases.  I find QVC very high in price unless there is a deep sale or clearance of AS IS. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

More often than not, I won't buy something from any site because of the shipping fees...

What I found is that I save money that way.  Many years ago I was spending hundreds every month with online retailers.

Now, that I no longer do that, I find that I am happier and I have a lot more money.  I was throwing my money away on things I thought I wanted, but didn't need.  It is so freeing to have shed that habit.  I am at the point now  that I pass up free shipping and super good coupons if I really don't need anything.

Think of it this way, you now have an extra $300 in your pocket and your life hasn't been negatively impacted because you didn't buy a want, rather than a genuine need.

@Carmie     You know I really buy little during the year but I do buy more at Christmas time.  BUT I spent that much at Amazon instead.  LOL   Not for me for gifts.