Honored Contributor

HOW IS THIS WORKING FOR YOU, QVC?

[ Edited ]

SO....QVC....Better go back to Square One and have the genius who upset your customers about closing Forums....RETHINK!  Is loss of many customers worth it?  Of course, you keep working on the "new" customers....sign them on with a Q card....$40 off, etc, etc.  Long standing customers don't mean anything, eh?  Wait and see.

Frequent Contributor

Re: HOW IS THIS WORKING FOR YOU, QVC?

Best laugh of the day!

Honored Contributor

New Qurate CEO Mr David Rawlinson's first day on the job.  Welcome to QVC Mr. Rawlinson.  You've been managing a hardware company.  You've got a lot to learn. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

New Qurate CEO Mr David Rawlinson's first day on the job.  Welcome to QVC Mr. Rawlinson.  You've been managing a hardware company.  You've got a lot to learn. 

@Kachina624  When I first came here this morning I wondered if this was a coincidence or not.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624  When I first came here this morning I wondered if this was a coincidence or not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I do believe that this was in the works for a while. The new CEO will get the blame for it.  This didn't just happen. Someone didn't have the nerve to do it (even though I believe it was his idea) so he let it fall on the new guy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

I have seen new CEO's initally making radical changes alienating their employees and customers.  Of course, some employees and customers leave.  Some employees are let go.  

We know this, one of the worst things a CEO can do is walk in and make oodles of changes right off the bat.  These new CEO's want to impress the board and stockholders by showing them how much money will be saved. 

However, of course, in the long run, hasty decisions and poor judgement hurts companies.  You are right about his experience.  One year with the previous company.  

He's had several months to look over everything before Mike George left. I'm sure he had a list of changes he wanted to make. 

I assume he doesn't like what was being discussed here on the forum.  We have been exposing QVC's weaknesses in hopes they would be remedied. 

Without the forum, how will customers know who to contact when Customer Service is unable to help them?  They won't know about the Social Team if it still exists after November 2?

Will the Social Team be eliminated, as well?

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee - I asked the question about the Social Team earlier today on another thread and moderator Wayne answered me.  He says the email address (QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com) will still work.

But then, we were told months ago that there was no truth to the rumors flying about then, that the forums would be shut down.  So how do we know what to believe anymore?

I remember when a new CEO took over JC Penney and nearly ran it into the ground before he was replaced.  One of the first things he did was try to revamp its image with "trendier" clothing lines and did away with some customer favorites.  They were finally brought back due to the outcry, but IMO Penney's has never really recovered.

Maybe QVC's day is done, too?

Honored Contributor

I wondered if all the people saying they didn't shop on QVC but posted on the forums had anything to do with it.  I always said I didn't buy clothing, but I bought other stuff. 

Honored Contributor

Looks like no one at QVC noticed how many times forum posters helped others with a multitude of QVC issues, many newbies, who couldn't get their questions answered by the Customer Service Dept.  

To some extent some here became a small extension of the customer service department that saved time for CS and the Social Team.  

I can think of other advantages for QVC.  For example, the times we offered shoppers a solution for accessing "Reviews" when they didn't come up?  

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Whoa all the noise you made with the excitement of getting A new CEO I guess it is not working out for you. You still have the same complaints in fact you are complaining more now. I told you it is not going to make any difference.