Honored Contributor

Re: HOURS OF MIXED GIFT IDEAS

One of my friends is moving next week and we were helping her pack this weekend and I don't know how many of those flashlights we found in various closets and drawers ....... LOL!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I love the gift shows.   I watch them all this time of the year.  

Honored Contributor

The Q's gift shows are like those tables of "gift junk" the department stores set up in the front of the store at Christmas.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt I quit buying the flashlights on QVC when I realized I was wasting $$$. I found another brand that I like much better since they actually work.

Respected Contributor

I don’t watch gift shows. Not interested in sitting through stuff I will never buy. I mainly buy fashion and decor.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Spurt I quit buying the flashlights on QVC when I realized I was wasting $$$. I found another brand that I like much better since they actually work.

@GinaV24

My friend used to buy them from QVC to give as gifts to co-workers..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Oh my yes... Once again, folks, it's time for the Q's never ending GENERIC GIFT SHOWS... Designed to keep you watching for hours on the off chance that something of actual interest will crop up...

Not doing it...

Most of this stuff will be presented hundreds of times before they wrap up the season. A good bit of it has already been presented thousands of times over the course of the past half decade. That's how long some of this stuff has been making the rounds. Some of it for even longer...

Not interested...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Regardless of the individual items that are offered within a show, I will always prefer an hour of mixed offerings as opposed to a solid hour attempting to ram one single item down everyone’s throat.

If I see a mixed hour coming up, and I’ve just got the TV on for background (most of the time these days), I’m much more likely to keep it on QVC if I think there might be a product or two I could be interested in, vs an entire hour of one product I have absolutely NO interest in. 

But that is, to me, a separate issue from repetitive items they sell all year long.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

After 10 years of doing gift exchanges at work....I have enough coffee mugs, candles, picture frames, Christmas ornaments and flashlights.

Valued Contributor

The gifts presented are not very interesting or giftable.  Then there are the shows where we see one item in an hour...ho ho hum.