Honored Contributor

QVC should not have to train their hosts not to interrupt another speaker.   Their parents should have done that.   Good indicator of what kind of family they're from. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

These are not "guest hosts," they are simply vendors with [roducts to sell.  The job of the actual show host is to move the program along, push sales, and update viewers just tuning in.

While you my not like a particular practive, everything done on QVC is carefully crafted to drive sales.  While the "terruptions" may turn some people off, the fact is these actually boost sales. 

Like so many other complaints people have about proramming and product rotation, the people complaining conveniently forget that QVC is programming to millions of homes across multiple time zones.  Not everyone watches television on the same schedule nor can everyone afford to spend hours on end watching a shopping channel. 

The Q reports that over 90% of their business is from "loyal customers." That means the same customers are watching the same programming, and they don't like it.

Occasional Contributor

I read the blogs and face book entries and can not believe what I see.  How dare you people talk about the hosts as cruel as you do. You have no right to especialy the mean and hateful things you say about Shawn.  She is a sweet and pleasant girl who has went through a very heart breaking time.  You look at her hair what she said how she said it and she is not the only one you do this too.  Look in the mirror before you say a word maybe you will change your mind.  I think the customers of qvc are the worst and I am very sorry for any hurt they throw at you all. 

Honored Contributor

I'm one of those people who have complained about some of the changes at QVC and I am fully aware that they do what they do to make money. It's been said, however, that they have been showing less profits so maybe their changes weren't good ones. The number of people complaining would appear to confirm that view point.

But talking over someone is rude, plain and simple. I wonder if that's why Bobbi Brown is rarely on any more.. the hosts would CONSTANTLY talk over her and there is NO HOST that knows Bobbi Browns' products like BOBBI BROWN.

As an aside; someone mentioned the PTR sales pitch of going into a 20 million dollar home and blah blah blah and how sick they were of that kind of sales presentation. One of my sons is taking a business course in college and right now they're on a section regarding selling. Over and over it states that painting a picture/telling a story is the #1 way to convince a person they NEED the object you are selling. So, as someone stated, the Q knows EXACTLY what they are doing and doesn't care if we don't like it; someone does and they're buying, apparently.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I'm one of those people who have complained about some of the changes at QVC and I am fully aware that they do what they do to make money. It's been said, however, that they have been showing less profits so maybe their changes weren't good ones. The number of people complaining would appear to confirm that view point.

But talking over someone is rude, plain and simple. I wonder if that's why Bobbi Brown is rarely on any more.. the hosts would CONSTANTLY talk over her and there is NO HOST that knows Bobbi Browns' products like BOBBI BROWN.

As an aside; someone mentioned the PTR sales pitch of going into a 20 million dollar home and blah blah blah and how sick they were of that kind of sales presentation. One of my sons is taking a business course in college and right now they're on a section regarding selling. Over and over it states that painting a picture/telling a story is the #1 way to convince a person they NEED the object you are selling. So, as someone stated, the Q knows EXACTLY what they are doing and doesn't care if we don't like it; someone does and they're buying, apparently.

Great post in response to grams re: S.K. She is rude talking over other people and all the other things I have posted so many times before. Like I said you stated well.

I agree, I want to hear what the vendor has to say not what the hosts keep interjecting. Also when doing the beauty shows interrupting with how many are left over and over, put a counter up, if we snooze we lose, so annoying..

Valued Contributor

I agree that the hosts are rude interrupting, especially during the colors! Usually it's during a beauty kit when the vendor is naming the product and color in the kit, but often the hosts interupt to give their thought on it or what Facebook says on it, then sometimes a color name gets missed because the host is excited to talk something up. PLEASE HOSTS, JUST LET THE VENDOR FINISH THEN YOU HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO GET YOUR THOUGHTS IN!! & please calm down.Cat Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

I agree that talking over the vendor is rude.    The hosts need to learn a balance between personal space and their need to be in every camera shot.    Standing within 2" of a vendor is rude.     I speaks of the host's disprespect of the vendor.    And the constant "I KNOW!" is the height of rude to both the vendor and the viewer.    We watch to learn about the product from the vendor.    The host's need to look like an expert is their problem and we should not have to listen to it.    And we don't need invasive (too close) selfies to prove a host's alleged "expertise".     And making fun of a vendor by mocking them and their products by "comical imitation" or misuse of their products is WAY out of line, to say the least.

Honored Contributor

@nycgrl wrote:

I have pretty much stopped watching the Q.  If I want something I go online.  The hosts really get on my last nerve with the same inane sales pitch (Fifth Avenue, Hamptons, "rich", etc.)  The other night really got me when PTR jewelry was on and they were talking about needing to wear a certain bracelet walking into a $20 million NYC apartment).  Seriously - this is soooooooooo old and tired and definitely does not sell to me personally - it is a big turnoff.  I also can't stand two or three people talking over each other.  Very annoying.  I want to hear about the item being sold - not their personal life, not a fairy tale.  I find the other channels more "entertaining" and down to earth if I'm going to actually watch a shopping channel.  I should be thanking the Q - I'm saving $$$.  

@nycgrl  Well said!!  And while the hosts are interrupting the vendors with their "hamptons" talk, and "family time" you aren't getting important PRODUCT information---let's remember the reason you are on the air QVC!!!  It's sad when someone has to post a thread to ask people that have already purchased the product questions about the merchandise or it's features that should've been covered during the TV presentation! ---- pretty SAD! Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I can't watch most of the hosts for that reason.  Good luck getting any changes though.  I started watching this show but had to turn it off.

Aren't any of the "higher ups" watching their employees.......

@nana59  Hearing hosts being interviewed or reading interviews published in newpaper articles or magazines, in the past, the QVC hosts always mentioned how they were critqued after a show---its apparent they don't do that any more because you don't see any improvement in fact some have gotten out of control or become downright silly---I don't want the hosts to be robots, but come on......turn off to me too!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”