Super Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

My, my I have never heard of so many that are perfect and never make a mistake.

Perhaps the host was given the wrong color pallette, perhaps the item was tossed in at the last minute, and just maybe she drew a blank.

If people cant tell the colors on TV or online buying from a shopping channel may not be for them.

It must be very stressful being perfect on a daily basis.  I wouldnt know.

That isn't the point - this is their job. There are some hosts in featured timeslots that know basically nothing about what they are presenting. I have worked in marketing/business development for decades. If my team was presenting to a potential or existing client on new business and fumbled over the presentation, didn't know the facts/details of services that we provide, and said "hey, just look at our Web site for the info that we don't know", they wouldn't hire us or they would fire us. It's a job and some of the hosts - David, Mary, and Carolyn are leading the pack - that take a lot of time to learn every single thing about the brands and products. Others just show up to look at themselves in the monitor, try on clothes, and act like reality stars. You can be casual, but at the basic minimum you need to present the item fully. Otherwise, get rid of the hosts and just have a Web site like Amazon. We all pay a mark-up for Q to have on air presentations. If they aren't informative, we're all just paying extra for poor salesmanship.

Esteemed Contributor

@FranandZoe@Imaoldhippie , the choices were basic, neutral, earth and pastels:  three colors in each group.  One could easily figure out the basic and the earth groupings, but the neutral and pastels aren't so obvious - at least on my computer.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think it's that "stressful" to

go over the color names of the stuff you're sellin beforehand.  On TV the colors may look different in that lighting.  A simple description would help. Seems pretty simple if that's your job.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I've said before, why have hosts at all?  Let the vendor, who presumbably knows the product well, do the selling.  Would save the shopping networks a ton of money that maybe they could pass along to the viewer.

Esteemed Contributor

@HeatherAG wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Perhaps the host was given the wrong color pallette, perhaps the item was tossed in at the last minute, and just maybe she drew a blank.

If people cant tell the colors on TV or online buying from a shopping channel may not be for them.

That isn't the point - this is their job. There are some hosts in featured timeslots that know basically nothing about what they are presenting. I have worked in marketing/business development for decades. If my team was presenting to a potential or existing client on new business and fumbled over the presentation, didn't know the facts/details of services that we provide, and said "hey, just look at our Web site for the info that we don't know", they wouldn't hire us or they would fire us. It's a job and some of the hosts - David, Mary, and Carolyn are leading the pack - that take a lot of time to learn every single thing about the brands and products. Others just show up to look at themselves in the monitor, try on clothes, and act like reality stars. You can be casual, but at the basic minimum you need to present the item fully. Otherwise, get rid of the hosts and just have a Web site like Amazon. We all pay a mark-up for Q to have on air presentations. If they aren't informative, we're all just paying extra for poor salesmanship.

@HeatherAG, exactly!

Was not watching live and when I check the video the host messed up the color sets.  As I was watching the updated video came on.  Neither did that host know the colors/sets and thought it was quite funny!

As you have stated, preparation is required.  Imho, lack of preparation/performance being required is most likely why our orders and returns haven't been processed correctly and in a timely manner.

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I notice your wisdom point is not on this ,nor did you take this advice. My My!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I've said before, why have hosts at all?  Let the vendor, who presumbably knows the product well, do the selling.  Would save the shopping networks a ton of money that maybe they could pass along to the viewer.

I think that would be a terrible idea.  In the 1950s through the 1980s one of the joys of the Department Store was dealing with a well versed professional sales associate. As the years went by these people slowly started dropping out, replaced by teenagers who often would not know any detail about the product, would often go missing entirely on the sales floor or spotted using their cell phone on the job.  QVC brings us back to a time when the associate communicated directly to the customer and makes the customer feel special. The hosts are an integral part of why I watch QVC.

Honored Contributor

@HLP ............others opinions are ok but mine isnt?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

There is one host who rarely knows what the colors are called. She always refers to the vendor for most of the information, which is fine. So let the vendor be the host. Why have a host who seems to have little information.

----------------

I have always wondered why she is allowed to do that for her clothes presentations???  She always turns back to the host and tells/asks them to name the colors!! 

I rarely watch her shows for that reason....she never offers a good description of the item.  Her product presentations are void of information.

Honored Contributor

On occasion, the cards don't have the colors right.  Also, sometimes, they are not in the same order as they are presented on the set.  Yes, hosts do stumble over them.  Not their fault.  I also have seen a color called "Ocean Blue" when it's clearly green.  Some of the hosts will point that out.