Highlighted
Respected Contributor

HOSTS TALKING NON STOP ABOUT THEIR FAMILIES

Please put a stop to this.  What is really aggravating is they are not giving us information about the product.  That is what the viewers want.  qvc is a shopping channel.  The constant interruptions and this skyping is really annoying.   Please spend more time on explaining the products you are selling.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: HOSTS TALKING NON STOP ABOUT THEIR FAMILIES

I know. When SK starts that nonsense story telling with Isaac I change the channel. We don’t need to hear any of those silly made up stories. Describe the clothes.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

Please put a stop to this.  What is really aggravating is they are not giving us information about the product.  That is what the viewers want.  qvc is a shopping channel.  The constant interruptions and this skyping is really annoying.   Please spend more time on explaining the products you are selling.   

You speak for every viewer?  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I too feel that personal information had taken center stage. I WANT PRODUCT INFORMATION.  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

And it's so boring.  One day I was watching Jennifer Coffey and she was talking about her fabulous relationship with her daughter.  And I don't mean just a sentence or two.  It was to sell a piece of jewelry they had designed together, so it went on and on.  Had enough so I decided to try another show I had missed on Q2 and Amy was telling a story about something her husband said.  That did it for me.  I picked both of those shows because I was interested in something for SALE!

When things are hectic at work, I've decided I should start telling long personal stories and people will just fade away : ).  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Perhaps that is why I like Leah's shows. You get more product information.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@lmtep wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

You speak for every viewer?  

@lmtep   If you are tuning in for company fine, but most of us are shopping.  Thus the name shopping channel!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I can only speak for myself, but, I'm 48 years old, I've been shopping for myself, for a very long time!

Unless there's something truly revolutionary, the blouse is self cleaning, or you just wave the mascara wand over your eye, and Boom, it's applied, I don't need a host droning on, endlessly, about every minute detail, of the product.

I know my body well enough, I can pretty much tell, if a fashion item, is for me.  I have a good idea, if I'll need to size up or down.  I know, that pushing 50, sparkly eye shadow, is a no no, for my skin.  I love a lot of the Philosophy line, but, how much can you say about a shower gel? 

What I'm trying to say, in a long winded, babbling way, I tend to enjoy a more relaxed show, and if that includes some personal stories, doesn't bother me in the least. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

I can only speak for myself, but, I'm 48 years old, I've been shopping for myself, for a very long time!

Unless there's something truly revolutionary, the blouse is self cleaning, or you just wave the mascara wand over your eye, and Boom, it's applied, I don't need a host droning on, endlessly, about every minute detail, of the product.

I know my body well enough, I can pretty much tell, if a fashion item, is for me.  I have a good idea, if I'll need to size up or down.  I know, that pushing 50, sparkly eye shadow, is a no no, for my skin.  I love a lot of the Philosophy line, but, how much can you say about a shower gel? 

What I'm trying to say, in a long winded, babbling way, I tend to enjoy a more relaxed show, and if that includes some personal stories, doesn't bother me in the least. 

ME TOO!!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I think they spend entirely to long on most products so hosts use stories as fillers.  I mean really how long does it take to tell us what poo-pourri is for and the scents it comes in. More products that air, more potential sales. A few personal comments now and then is fine but It's not a talk show