Honored Contributor

Re: HOSTS NEED EXTRA INCOME?

I believe Kathy Levine had a trademark on her ring, so she did make some money.  I read that in her book years ago and hope my memory isn't incorrect.  Please let me know if I am wrong. 

Honored Contributor

Good for her.  I see no reason to put her down.

Honored Contributor

What I really find odd is that Angel Smedley posts ads for other business on her Facebook page.  It was a local eyebrow business a few days ago and some other local business yesterday.  Weird.  

Honored Contributor

Remember Bob Bowersox's cookbook?
Hosts have been doing this for years, it's nothing new and no big deal.
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

Nothing new.  I fell for Kathy Levine's ring long ago.  

yes @Still Raining .....

i have it in both the silver and the gold.

---------

Kathy's ring was lovely, especially, in gold. My boss, at the time, bought it in gold, and was planning to wear it 

as her wedding set, when she and her hubby, went to Europe, for their 25th anniversary. 

As I remember, she had some trouble, with her hands swelling, sometimes took her wedding set off, and didn't want to wear her real set to travel. 

That's when gold was still somewhat affordable 😉but, if I'm remembering right, that ring in gold was still quite pricey. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Shawn has "designed" rain boots in the past. Last night Antonella shared a huge blue Diamonique ring she designed...add Courtney to that list. Now Shawn's added her art work to epilators. 

Who's next? 

@Shanus.  It's pretty funny since, among the whole group, I've seen no talent and questionable taste.  We know there's a lot more involved in successfully designing jewelry than sticking a giaganic stone on a band.   Who buys and wears this stuff?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

Nothing new.  I fell for Kathy Levine's ring long ago.  

yes @Still Raining .....

i have it in both the silver and the gold.

I have it too, in silver.  I've never worn it.  Heart jewelry is just too silly and not "my thing".  Don't ask why I ordered it; just caught up.in the hype.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Shawn has "designed" rain boots in the past. Last night Antonella shared a huge blue Diamonique ring she designed...add Courtney to that list. Now Shawn's added her art work to epilators. 

Who's next? 

@Shanus.  It's pretty funny since, among the whole group, I've seen no talent and questionable taste.  We know there's a lot more involved in successfully designing jewelry than sticking a giaganic stone on a band.   Who buys and wears this stuff?

@Kachina624   ITA. Not much design sense. Not something even taught. You either have a talent for design, eye for balance, color, etc. or you don't. Certainly no prestige to own something w/ their name on it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I feel sure that the hosts might have some input since their name would be on the item, but I think that this is more about sales than any talent that a host might have.  More about the glory and a feel-good measure for the host and the viewers.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
Remember Bob Bowersox's cookbook?
Hosts have been doing this for years, it's nothing new and no big deal.

i believe mary beth roe did one or two cookbooks also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein