Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a D&C leather jacket that's on a pre-season sale price. Kept checking the order status as it was "in process".  Today, I checked and it's now on backorder!?!  So called customer service and the rep explained to me that they oversold and the manufacturer was trying to provide more; if QVC was unable to get more in after two weeks my order would be cancelled.IMO this is not fair and told the rep that if this happens, I should be able to reorder again at the same price with the five easy-pays because this is a pre-season sale they should be getting more in even if it takes longer than two weeks. Said if this happens, I shall call back and complain.

What do you think? Am I wrong expecting my order to be fulfilled even if not within the two-week period?

Respected Contributor

Maybe they should have put it on waitlist instead of backorder (?)  Waitlist lasts for 40 days.

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

I've had the same thing happen more than once to me.  Makes me wonder why the hosts babble about how many are left, when QVC doesn't even seem to know.  I had placed an order before the show aired that showed one of the items that I'm speaking about.  So, it's not a first come first served basis, either.  Maybe the hosts should just stop interrupting with this information, since QVC doesn't really seem to know.

Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

Maybe they should have put it on waitlist instead of backorder (?)  Waitlist lasts for 40 days.

@2blonde

After I had ordered mine, I checked and that color did go to waitlist, then sold out. So from what you said, those on waitlist have a better chance of getting one than me! Wow! I firmly believe that since it was "in process" QVC hs a responsibility for sell me that jacket at the same cost/ez pay as when I purchased regardless of when available.

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme  You have a point.  I've been on waitlist several times, and I've ALWAYS received the item.  A couple times they even extended the waitlist because they knew more still would be coming in after the 40 days. To me, the biggest advantage to waitlist is that you get the special pricing and EZ pays no matter when you receive the item.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde

The black is totally sold out in S and M - no waitlist. Thinking of ordering the green in S - all others sold out and cancelling the backorder. I do think backorder should run until item comes in but apparently the Q doesn't.

Valued Contributor

@eddyandme   There is hope, same scenario happened to me with another brand--rec'd my item on time--usually a few customers cancel their orders (I assume it's buyer's remorse).  

Esteemed Contributor

Update - my jacket is now in process again!!!! So, had ordered green and cancelled that 'cause really wanted the black I had ordered!

@mercyMe, you were right, someone must have cancelled!

Esteemed Contributor

QVC is driving me CRAZY!

First the jacket was in process; then, backorder; again, in process; yesterday's status, backorder! Just checked this morning and it's in process with an EDD of 7/27!

This is ridiculous! Does anyone in the shipping department know what they're doing?!? Am I the only 'victim' here, or does this happen to you, too?

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme you might try  posting for help in the 'customer care ' forum . I recieved real help there once when an order problem was on my last nerve. Just a thought.