Esteemed Contributor

Re: HERE WE GO . . CIJ STARTING 6/30. OMG

But what if one's living in the moment is to prepare in advance for Christmas?  If that's what they enjoy doing now, it is their living in the moment.

Esteemed Contributor

I like CIJ.  When I lived in a waterfront community, boaters would decorate their "sloops"  in lights.  Crews dressed as Santa and elves would cruise in and out of the nearby creek, horns honking at the arrival.

I'm pretty sure the local bars and crab houses did well that day.  It was fun.  A summer night on the water in full Christmas regalia.

When it comes to QVC, I tune in for a refreshing change of pace from time-to-time.  In no way does it minimize my December holiday celebration.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

But what if one's living in the moment is to prepare in advance for Christmas?  If that's what they enjoy doing now, it is their living in the moment.

That's fine. 

You don't need to see Christmas trees, say Happy Holidays to someone in August, wear red and green, see fake snow falling in the background to prepare for Christmas.

Once CIJ starts, it invades every show.  I don't care to see all the sets decorated for Christmas either.

Honored Contributor

@willomenia wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@willomenia wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

So looking forward to the great deals I always get when QVC has Christmas in July. Love getting most, if not all, of my shopping done before the crazy, busy Holiday season starts right after Thanksgiving. Getting my purchases finished in the summer means I can enjoy all the parties, window shopping at the beautiful displays in the winter, and spending time with family without stressing out. It's a win-win! Heart

Should a xmas present be something special? Getting it overwith to enjoy the holiday seems sad

you cannot buy a special gift in july for christmas gift giving for someone you love? that is new to me. i am looking year round for the perfect gifts and the perfect deals.

i am a fan of christmas in july......looking forward to it.......now, if only we could get a day of snow. Smiley Wink

Yes u can, but your post said i like getting it done to enjoy the holiday. 

i did not write that, but for ME, the phrases "getting it done" (which the other posted said) and "getting it over with" (which you said) are two different phrases, especially in this particular thread.

getting your holiday shopping done early, especially when you see "just the right thing," allows for spending more time planning your holiday days, events, parties, traditions with friends and family.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

Scolders on this thread defend it and I happy for them, really. For me, it's miserable and I dread it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susiemama wrote:

Scolders on this thread defend it and I happy for them, really. For me, it's miserable and I dread it.

@Susiemama  Then why do you watch? There are plenty of show on QVC that I have absolutely no interest in so why would I watch them? I have dreaded many things in my life but a show on QVC? No.

Oh and scolders go both ways.

Esteemed Contributor

If I "dreaded" something (that's a particularly strong word), I would go out of my way to avoid it.

And Q has been doing this for so long that if it wasn't financially beneficial they probably would stop.

Occasional Contributor

If yoiu are forced to watch it, then you might as well get use to it.

Respected Contributor

Oddly, we cannot talk about religion on these threads, but Christmas can be discussed & "sold" on QVC for 6-7 months!

Honored Contributor

I follow Jill B on social media and wanted to give her a standing ovation from my family room when she said there will be no CIJ on her site and that for her, July is too early to start with Christmas.