Respected Contributor

Re: HERE’S A NEW TWIST: What do you LIKE about the Q?

I like the quality of the fabric in the brands that I buy; namely, Graver, Belle, Issac Mizrahi and Denim & Co.  I must like the jewelry as over the years I have bought a good bit.  I no longer enjoy brick and mortar or catalog shopping and most of my (overly extensive) wardrobe has come from QVC.

I like listening to the vendors present their products and am awaiting their return to the set as the Skype viewing loses a lot of interest in presentations although I am glad they are doing at least that for the time being.

I enjoy the back and back conversation between host and vendor and hearing bits and pieces of their personal life and interests.  QVC is an entertaining shopping experience for me.  The hosts do a good job in facilitating the flow of the show; the vendors in describing  and pointing out various details and demonstrating their products.  For clothing, seeing the item on the models is very helpful in deciding to make a purchase. 

I find QVC's shipping prices reasonable.  For example, I just bought some items from a major retailer I have used for years,  Bought 2 items - shipping was $17.99 and to return an item is $9.99.  I have no complaint with QVC shipping.  Hopefully, they will shortly get the long In Process issues ironed out.

All in all i enjoy shopping at QVC and have never I a problem that was not taken care of by Customer Service.  I understand customer service is somewhat overwhelmed currently but once things with this virus get back to normal, hopefully this will resolve.

Respected Contributor

@PickyCindy   I think you must like something else as you like easy pay, you must make some purchases.

Respected Contributor

1. Product videos
  2. Models of all sizes and ages
  3. Excellent customer service
  4. Fashion brands that work for me like IM, Belle, Mackie, and D&C

Honored Contributor

I really enjoy the forum!  I love reading all the different topics.  I have always gotten really good tips, recommendations and advice from fellow posters!  I haven't ordered anything for awhile, but I have had really good luck with most things I have ordered and had good service.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Background noise------

Esteemed Contributor

Lots of good points on here.  I probably like these forums the most also.  I find it very interesting at times and have really gotten a few good laughs, some people are so funny!

I'm not big on social media so I learn a lot from others regarding upcoming shows and products and that I appreicate.

Also as @homedecor1  stated, I started watching too over 30 years ago when I was up for baby feedings in the middle of the night.  They kept me company during that sleepless time.

I have to admit my likeness and shopping for the channel has dwindled over the years but I am still here Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Styleovertrend what a great idea to start this forum. I wanted to start by saying the last 2 years I went through ALOT of personal stuff - a divorce, the death of my best friend and my oldest having physical and mental health issues. Plus the news is always depressing so I watch QVC to escape into something frivoulous.  When both my personal world and the world around me seems to be out of control watching the Q can be very comforting and relaxing to my overworked brain. 

What drew me to QVC I guess was my mom was a shopper here, and her clothes and jewlery were always quality. She still has Joan Rivers jewlery from years ago when Joan first came to the Q. 

For me, I am plus size (an 18W and had a double mastectomy 7 years ago) so honestly QVC is the only place I can find clothes that I like. Nice clothes that are affordable and make me feel great.  The selection cannot be beat.  I get many compliments from friends and colleagues. And the clothes last  - I usually get Isaac Mizrhai clothing and Belle jeans. 

My absolute  favorite to watch is Isaac Mizrahi - watching and listening to him makes me smile. I have seen him speak at a local museum and he is a vault of knowledge. I was picked to ask him a question and I broke down in tears thanking him for making clothes for everyone. 

So thanks for spreading some positivity. 

Respected Contributor

Since I live in a small town I don't get to see what is trending. Now that I have retired even more so. Q used to sell some unique merchandise that one could not find everywhere. Items I never would have seen or purchased. Brands that were new and different. That was what got me hooked. That isn't the case so much anymore.

So many of my favorite brick and mortar stores have closed ,even  having to drive an hour or two to shop. I have quite a jewelry collection precious,semiprecious and costume.I no longer buy much jewelry. I started with silver jewelry. Most of my shoes and boots are from Q. 

I enjoy the Beauty board and like to read the opinions of products and tips. I like ,the cooking shows where recipes are demonstrated. The Kitchen forum is great for recipes. I love the cartoons and Puddles' seasonal pictures and sayings of her group. People are usually willing to help one another and listen on the Forums. I appreciate those posting newsy items like What the Queen Wore to Church or what outfit is worn and by who in Fashion.

Now that I have retired I like to see what others are reading and watching and traveling. I am on the boards alot more as have time to read and respond.

Valued Contributor

@AlcottWilder Wow! I'm sorry for all that you have been through. Sometimes it seems like one thing after another. I, too, find comfort in shopping when times are tough. Also, meditating on the hope the Bible has for the future has gotten me through some dark and crushing times. There is always joy to be found in creation, too. Hope things are better for you. I was touched by your post.

Trusted Contributor

1.  I like the variety of products presented and available online.

2.  I love that their beauty items are usually a great value.  I rarely buy from Sephora anymore because of this.  QVC offers value sets and they truly ARE a value (in most cases).

3.  I enjoy having the easy pay option.  It allows me to buy more things that I want at a time. 

4.  I like seeing products presented.  Even if I am considering a purchase elsewhere, I will often come onto QVC to see if they have an on-air presentation of the item so that I can see what I'm getting and how it works.  They usually do!

5.  They do have items that are unique in many cases.  Some of their home decor vendors offer things that I don't really see anywhere else.

6. I LOVE Christmas in July!!!