Super Contributor

Re: HERE’S A NEW TWIST: What do you LIKE about the Q?

I like that items can be held in cart for an hour, and I can check reviews, and not worry about someone 'stealing' it out of cart!

I love having the forums to ask questions, and find out what is  good and not so good on TV. People are so helpful with electronic and health issue questions.

Honored Contributor

Now, I do like listening to some of the hosts and seeing how something fits on the models, but only occasionally now

I still love most all the holiday shows.

I rarely buy anything now because I think the prices are just too high for what they are.

and I don't listen as much anymore either.

In the years past, there were so many things that I still am appreciative having-household things that make life easier, and lamps, jewelry and clothes and yes QVC was great company.

And of course, there are so many great, kind and interesting people on the forums from all over the country

and England, Canada, and Greece!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I like your style - Styleovertrend. QVC is my 'go to' shopping place. I've narrowed my shopping experiences down to a handful of places. I take advantage of off-season sales and know the fit for vendors I frequent. The forum is great and glad they provide a place for us to post.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

They have brought things into my life, that have helped me in many ways.  A lot from David's shows, some clothes, which I have on right now.  When I didn't want to see other things on t.v. or have anyone to talk to, they came into my living room and were so nice.

Heart

Honored Contributor

I shop for myself and my 93 year old mother who lives in another state.  I find quite a bit of what we both like, albeit, very different items. It's easy for me to go back to earlier purchases for her and find coordinated items in the exact color, and fabric.  

Most of the vendors are fantastic and have wonderful interests outside of selling.  Communicating with them on their respective social media pages, I have found artists, authors, travel ideas, pet supplies, etc. from some very helpful and often very kind people.

Since I enjoy the retail hunt, I look at QVC's online site, separate from what is ever shown on air, and find they have an amazing array of products that never make it on TV.  Major brands and little known ones as well.  I have some fantastic purchases that started out as "they have this?!!"

Most of the hosts do a great job showing the products and presenting just what I need to make a decision.  

This Forum can be a great place, or a source of rigorous head-scratching.  But all in all, I'm appreciative for it. 

Respected Contributor

I like a lot of things about QVC. Their hosts are capable and I even liked watching presentations when even if I wasn't buying anything. (Not a fan of the Covid mitigations, but I understand.)

What I don't like, is that this forum is still not responsive to all devices. And it should be.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Easy Pay

Live product demonstrations on air and online

Not lately, but great telephone order persons and customer service persons

They do not sell your name or personal information

You can buy with a credit card, debit card, check, 

Convenience of just calling in an order or ordering from the website

Over the years, tons of great products from every category and many unique and innovative products. Love my cookware, my bakeware, my Kichenaid products, my Alexa Echo, my Vitamix, my rake that can pick up piles of wet leaves, my Bose radio, my Flippy iPad stand, my trays, my Travelon items, my Skechers.

Use to love all the jewelry, especially gold jewelry. Not so much anymore because gold is expensive and the affordable styles that are carried now are boring. Loved the old Diamonique formulation and designs, especially Epiphany. Still really like the designs but the pieces don't look real anymore. They're good just for fun wear.

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

They have brought things into my life, that have helped me in many ways.  A lot from David's shows, some clothes, which I have on right now.  When I didn't want to see other things on t.v. or have anyone to talk to, they came into my living room and were so nice.

@qualitygal  That was a really sweet post. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I reach for a item especially kitchen related I think "i love this thing"!  Gadgets I've bought over the past years have been great both in use & longevity.  

Sometimes I wish they would bring more of cooks essentials techniques, bakeware, etc. -- not impressed with most things they sell now.  Plus, 99.9% they sell now are not unique and can be found other places with sometimes better price,too.

Also, Northern nights sheets bought many years ago.  Still nice --washed 100x 's of times and dried. Still comfy!

But mostly, during those cranky baby nights they kept me company and sane thirty years ago.  NOW, I enjoy vendors are not in studio.  I've enjoyed seeing their homes and not seeing all the kissing, hugging and "fake" excitement over a product.

I find myself enjoying it's just the host when watching shows.

Honored Contributor

Customer service

The hosts, vendors, and models - I can see a fashion or jewelry item as someone would wear it and I get ideas from them on what could go with these items; I can see things displayed in a home (especially Valerie Parr Hill); I can see how to use things in my kitchen; I can see how to put on makeup; I can see how my gifts to others would possibly be used; etc.

I don't have to go to a store - especially the crowded (in normal times) malls - because I usually don't have time.

I have found a lot of unusual gifts for family and friends that I wouldn't have otherwise.

Fair exchange and return policy

It is a "safe" place to visit or watch during these days, I can get away from the realities of life for a minute.

I think it's very diverse. I see hosts, vendors, models, and crews of all colors.

I have discovered new vendors that no one else has heard of yet.

But most important - my forum friends! I can come here to share, laugh, cry, pray, and get amazing helpful advice. We all have "real" friends, but I've come to think of my forum friends as real friends too! Smiley Happy