Esteemed Contributor

Re: HERE COMES JUNE & WEN...

@Swissguy - Well said, Riley1

Respected Contributor

I use WEN for a conditioner only now and I do rinse it out.    It is too expensive and I do think it builds up on the hair and scalp.  I don't see WEN presented nearly as much as it once was.  Maybe it has run it's course.  Also, during his visits, we all know the models' hair is professionally washed and styled by his team.  I never could achieve their look on my own. 

Valued Contributor

@KentuckyWoman Wen never worked for me.. I would do all the steps that he said I should do and I still ended up with a FRIZZY MESS..just like I did with my other shampoo and my shampoo cost a lot less. I don't have a "STYLIST" in my house to get my hair to look good like they have on TV. I never see anyone on with Chaz that has hair that looks anything like mine or if they do,he has Professionally Styled it already. I want to see someone like me,use the Wen and have no one Styling it..NO WAY! My husband uses it and he finds that it builds up on his scalp..He says it's a waxy feeling and he has to use regular shampoo to get rid of it..Lately he has not been using it as much as he use to....

Contributor

And it has started already - so not only do we have to endure through the entire month of June, there are "bonus" days tacked on days at the end of May!

Ugh!

Respected Contributor

June is Wen and then it will be Christmas in July.  Ugh

My viewing really tapers off because of that...

Respected Contributor

I cannot change the channel  soon enough when Wen is on.  It is way too expensive in my opinion.  The presentations are boring and so long with those Wen girls flipping their hair for hours on end!  For those that love it and there are many, I doubt they watch the endless presentations as they know what they want.  I also do not like the fact that he tells us about his departed mother and her battles with her health, to me that is using her to sell his product and turns me off.  Mostly I just hate how QVC stays on air so long on his product - just show it and move on.  We don't need an hour on shampoo!

Respected Contributor

My mom has used his products. I tried some of hers (before all those issues with other customers) came out and I had no problems with it. But to have QVC devote so much airtime to it...I know it's popular but all the shopping channels have become oversaturated with showing certain vendors over and over again and it's gotten stale. I guess it could boil down that not a lot of people want to hawk their products on home shopping thinking it "beneath" them, but they really need to branch out and try and get some new things on board. But like others say, you don't have to watch so I won't. I start 10 hour four day work weeks in two weeks so that means less time watching TV! 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have really enjoyed Chaz and the recent Wen shows!  Yes, he is on in June and now quite a bit but he really hasn't been on that much in a while.

Keeping in mind that he has to travel all the way from LA, I think it really makes sense for him to be on lots now since we really don't know when he'll be back.

Also, I think his new hair cut looks super nice!!  And I would have started a thread on that too, however, I feel I have started too many "Nice hair cut threads" recently!!

As I have said before, the brand  that Chaz has created is remarkable.  He has built it from one product into the huge success it is today.   Given the mega cosmetic companies that he is up against and how different his approach is---he has really accomplished so much!!

Yes, Wen doesn't work for everyone.  But even some products in my super favorite skin care line (Sisley-Paris Heart) don't work for me.  But that doesn't make me hate the brand or the dear company founders (Isabelle and Hubert d’Ornano)!!

I love Chaz's success's and what he has built.  I appreciate and applaud his passion.  And each time I see him on I think "wow--isn't it amazing what he has accomplished from his hard work and time on the Q".  

Respected Contributor

I'm happy to have the gallons back. I've used WEN for years with great success. I'll watch a couple of the shows and when I don't want to watch any more, I'll watch something  else. I don't have QVC on 24/7 so there is no problem for me.

I admire Chaz for his embodiment of the American entrepreneur. 

No one product is successful for everyone. 

Honored Contributor

I like Chaz and I enjoy using his products as my conditioner. My hair is always shiny and full of body. I attribute that to Wen.

I would much rather see Wen presentations and those darling pups he brings with him than much of what QVC has on for programming.....