Occasional Contributor

Hi All!

I have tried repeately to change my Nickname, both on the QVC sight, and here.  However, it does NOT change.  Under account settings, it shows the new nickname I have created, BUT, when I try to post a review, or, post here, it defaults back to catiie.

Can anyone help, or, is there someone I could email?

Thanks so much! 

Respected Contributor

Re: HELP WITH NICKNAME CHANGES

Exactly the same thing here. I too would like an answer 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyCats1 

Send an email to QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com, they'll help you with this.

ETA: @fairydogmother 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Occasional Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@HappyCats1 

Send an email to QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com, they'll help you with this.

ETA: @fairydogmother 

Thank you SO much...I will do that!

All the best...

Trusted Contributor

@HappyCats1  Can you please let us know if you find out to change your nickname? I'd like to change mine too. Also, I wonder if we change it do we lose the number of posts we have? Just curious. Thanks. 

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

@HappyCats1 wrote:

Hi All!

I have tried repeately to change my Nickname, both on the QVC sight, and here.  However, it does NOT change.  Under account settings, it shows the new nickname I have created, BUT, when I try to post a review, or, post here, it defaults back to catiie.

Thanks so much! 

@HappyCats1   Try these instructions previously posted, just be sure to log off and back on for changes to take. 

Susan

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/How-do-I-change-my-nic/m-p/5061102#M1322380 

Honored Contributor

@HappyCats1 

Image result for welcome to the forum image

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Occasional Contributor

@Susan-QVC wrote:

@HappyCats1 wrote:

Hi All!

Thanks so much! 

@HappyCats1   Try these instructions previously posted, just be sure to log off and back on for changes to take. 

Susan

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/How-do-I-change-my-nic/m-p/5061102#M1322380 

I did the above steps.  I DOES change my nickname when I want to "write a review" on the qvc.com website.  If I want to "ask a question", it uses my current nickname of catiie.  And, as you can see, it still uses catiie on this forum.  I did log out of both sites, and log back in.  Hmmm.  I dunno.  I think I'll just let it go.  It's not that big of a deal in the long run.  

THANK YOU ALL for helping!!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@HappyCats1 wrote:

@Susan-QVC wrote:

@HappyCats1 wrote:

Hi All!

Thanks so much! 

Susan

I did the above steps.  I DOES change my nickname when I want to "write a review" on the qvc.com website.  If I want to "ask a question", it uses my current nickname of catiie.  And, as you can see, it still uses catiie on this forum.  I did log out of both sites, and log back in.  Hmmm.  I dunno.  I think I'll just let it go.  It's not that big of a deal in the long run.  

THANK YOU ALL for helping!!  Smiley Very Happy

@Susan-QVC 

Maybe there's a 'glitch'?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LuvmyLab wrote:

@HappyCats1  Can you please let us know if you find out to change your nickname? I'd like to change mine too. Also, I wonder if we change it do we lose the number of posts we have? Just curious. Thanks. 

@LuvmyLab,   

To answer your last question, if we go into our existing account and change the name it has no effect on our post count.   

The account is still the same, just has a new nickname associated.😊

Regarding the name change problem --

normally, if we go to our shopping account,

under "Account-->Account Settings" and change our nickname the website automatically updates the links to the Community and also the product reviews/questions with no problem.

Months ago we started seeing reports of posters changing their nickname,

seeing that the new name does appear if they look at their shopping account settings...

but it does not update here in the Community or in product reviews/questions.   

The old nickname continues to be displayed.

Somehow, the link is broken.

The problem was fixed for a short time, then it returned.

Perhaps the IT staff could look into this again -- it might not seem important, but it's a sign of continuing problems we've experienced with the customer/user database.

Take care everyone, I hope all are safe and well.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova