Honored Contributor

Re: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, ALL THE PRESIDENT'S SHOPPERS, AND NOT ANOTHER RERUN!

On 2/15/2015 katiescarlett said:
On 2/15/2015 stevieb said:

Oh look everybody, it must be Sunday, because there's YET another Kitchen Aid mixer on the homepage...

Bacon Boy will have a field day with the color countdowns, as there are fifteen to not choose from...

What a thrill...

Cool

Is there one in the Pantone color of the year?{#emotions_dlg.confused1} I am surprised there is no Temp-Tations that color, after all, she is presenting limited edition "spring" colors, so why not include a limited edition "Pantone Color of the Year" edition? {#emotions_dlg.devil2} Years ago I ordered a set, and I opened it, looked at it, and sealed it shut and returned it - is was so cheaply made, and the wicker rests she used to include were moldy. Give me my US made vintage Corningware!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

This weekend has been particularly stinky. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Shark, Serta, ITMAB, Quacker (I will say I have some of the earlier sweaters, without all that silly sparkly stuff, and they are quite cute). What I wish they would bring back is Stitches in Time. Now, those were nice sweaters!

Maybe the Pantone set all, uh, cracked in production...

Wink

I know I protest-eth... a lot, but seriously, I don't even turn it on anymore... because stinky doesn't even BEGIN to describe whatever they're doing... I do think I heard, though, where they're a permanent code-red air quality alert over the skies of West Chester...

{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 2/15/2015 SPURT said:
On 2/14/2015 stevieb said:

Spurt, I have Cox and it is FAR from a great channel line-up but fortunately we do have Evine... And really, it's not 'all that' but it does allow me another option, which is sorely needed because I just can't watch this one anymore... It's just gotten THAT bad... Occasionally, but almost never do I even turn it on these days... Evine is kicking off their 're-branding' this week, so that too probably accounts for some of the variety...

As for The Buyer, well, I avoid him, just as I do The Jester and The Marm... so of course put no stock in the pearls of, um, wisdom... dropping from his mouth.

Good luck with the blinds... I had mine done by JCP and while it was sort of pricey, I got just what I wanted and none of the hassles of hanging them, balancing them, leveling them and so on...

Hey Stevie....what's up with these cable systems you pay a small fortune and "nothing on worth watching"....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} And with The Dish and Direct TV they are always threatening to or do remove channels.....{#emotions_dlg.glare}.

As for my DS's blinds....she needs new ones for her bedroom window, which is large and an odd size....of course once she finds the blinds in the size she needs, she will have our cousin do the hanging, balancing, leveling, and he's very talented in that kind of project or any DYI project and a perfectionist to boot so she knows he will do it right, BUT it's fitting the project into his busy schedule....I suggested JCP they have been my go to when it comes to any type of window treatments be it blinds, drapes, or curtains.....I just hope the company manages to survive because I don't know a place that has better merchandise and prices when it comes to that line!!!! So my DS can shop till she drops before she realizes that perhaps I was right! But it's funny with blinds because you can drive down the street and tell the people with pets because they have those vinyl blinds with the corner missing because cats and dogs tear the blinds so they can look out the window, or with the cats ---they sit on the window sill and watch the world go by...{#emotions_dlg.laugh} That is why I opted for the heavier aluminum variety...

As for the jewelry---in the past financial reports Italy never did well in jewelry sales, I think their top sellers were kitchen, dining, and beauty..I bet the Italians laughed at Q's version of fine Italian jewelry....And I think Calmin has friends in Italy that confirmed that take on QVC's jewelry selection.

Ya know it's very curious because their was no report for the last quarter of 2014....perhaps they restrict the info only to their stockholders now....Or perhaps it's due to Liberty Interactive's restructuring and changing QVC & HSN into a separate stock company so they just decided to start over in 2015. After the 2015 first quarter results are in the books, I wonder if we will see their financial results ..................or maybe they are too embarrassed to show the results ......{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Well Spurt, iIt appears the dilapidated Q .. only posts three quarterly reports... go figure. Maybe the 4th is included in some sort of annual report, but I visited their 'investor relations' page... and will take a longer gander later. What I actually want to see is their 1st quarter report from this year, which will be their first since their star reporter... wised up and flew the coup... Honestly, I don't much care anymore, other than for the curiosity factor, because I know what I like and I don't like them...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I'm seeing absolutely no great strides being made in any of the areas that have needed attention for so long and have absolutely no reason to think that will change in any meaningful way that would once again induce me to become a regular viewer...

As for cable, well, I'm sure I've said it before, but I'll say it again... back in the days when I might have been able to get about a dozen stations, there was almost always something on one of them worth watching... Now, with hundreds at my beck and call, there is all too often absolutely nothing worth watching on them... Not only are the stations themselves just bad, but what's being produced (and has been being produced for years) for TV is just as bad... Lately, it seems almost impossible to consider television watching as a viable entertainment resource for more than a few hours a week, if that

Agree, JCP is a great resource for window treatments, and used to be for rugs too... Unfortunately, they stopped carrying rugs in stores, so now, it's a 'take your chances' thing with them and you order them sight unseen... Moreover, I was looking at rugs on their website recently and despite the hard times they've been having, they appear not to have learned their lesson, because their prices are way, way up on the same items that just a couple of years ago seemed to be selling for hundreds less... And when they deep-sixed their underperfomring management (something the OMQ might WELL consider...), I'd hoped they'd re-institute both the catalog and those nice sale booklets they used to send out, but it appears they've not done either and despite being a long-time card holder, I never, ever get any advertising from them or see any mention of actual sales... I had them do my blinds custom because of the size of my windows and it might well be that DS (and incidentally, did she EVER find a new bag to her liking...) will have to go the custom route if her window is off-size...

Wink

Valued Contributor

On 2/15/2015 SPURT said:
On 2/14/2015 katiescarlett said:
On 2/14/2015 SPURT said:
On 2/14/2015 Johnnyeager said:

And now all the Hosts flip allegiances and loyalties: Dyson is the Best, Dyson is the best!

No wait a minute. Shark is the Best! Shark is the Best!

The phrase you will most often hear: "I have other vacuums, but Shark Liftaway is the one I pull out for little, quick cleanups."

Hi JOHNNYEAGER---That is a pet peeve with me too---one show it's this vacuum is the best, the next week no this one....the same with makeup---one host will say..."this is the makeup I use at home, it's the best....", next week---this is the best makeup EVER, and it's been written up in all the fashion magazines"........so which is it....{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I know the hosts job is to SELL, SELL, SELL, but come on where is the honesty and integrity.....why even use that angle to sell products....Oh, but that is right---QVC is committed to the HOST ARE YOUR FRIENDS, and you trust your friends don't you, so Q views it as a way to get their Facebook BFFs to buy, buy, buy---when the rest see it as a sleazy sales pitch!!!! and NO SALE, NO SALE, NO SALE!!!! HOW ABOUT SOME INTEGRITY QVC!!!!

Perhaps the solution is to have MORE VARIETY IN YOUR VENDORS!!! {#emotions_dlg.glare}

They do the same thing with skin care and make-up; all the lines are the ones they use and are their very favorite.

So, I am considering buying the Aerosole moccasin while supplies last shoe = it has a horse bit as decoration. I would get it in two colors, but $10 shipping??!! plus the cost to return if they don't fit. But I am thinking of blue......you know how I like my horsey stuff.Smile

Hey KS....it's just amazing that they have all these beauty products and cosmetic companies competing with one another already....hence the endless beauty shows. And the beauty items even invade QVC's so called "fashion" shows and even the Sunday lineup!!!....so does it make any sense that QVC recently added yet another cosmetic line instead of SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!

Those moccasins were cute, and Aerosole is a good brand....one time QVC offered a nice Aerosole shoe and I bought it....but instead of a 6, I should have ordered a 6 1/2 so I returned it requesting a replacement at the larger size, but instead QVC refunded the purchase....I went online to see if the 6 1/2 in the color I wanted was no longer available, but no problem there...So no more shoe purchases from QVC for me...other than Ryka (where the sizing is consistent and I know my size in that brand) nope no more Q shoes...as you pointed out, especially with their new and not so improved return policy...{#emotions_dlg.glare}

As for Evine....I think the name has to do with QVC former host, Kathy Levine being involved in the company and they dropped the L for some reason...(at least that is what I thought I read somewhere)..and a very strange name for a shopping channel....not the type of title that GRABS potential shoppers....

ITA I can't tell you the last time I watched HSN....that channel has gone down hill....and one wonders if a merger is in their future as it has been rumored.....

I just don't know how you do it KS....you give all your critters the best and do it with love, but it is expensive to do so...Hats off to you!!!!

I have been thinking of you KS....it's Stock Show And Rodeo Time....and they have been showing some of the events---it involves lots of horses.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}..and my favorite event is the Women's Barrel Racing....some beautiful horses---

Image result for san antonio stock show award winning horsesImage result for san antonio stock show award winning horses Image result for san antonio stock show award winning horses

Image result for san antonio stock show award winning horses

I like barrel racing, too, and pole bending. You rarely see boys doing those competitions, and I don't see how those girls don't fall off! When they go around those barrels, the horses are practically falling over! Can't go wrong with a good little American Quarter Horse! My Friesian/Saddlebred cross almost dumped me yesterday at my lesson. I was getting on and he decided, no way, backed up and luckily I managed to get my left foot out of the stirrup before he took off. Fell on my most padded part, my tush. He was running around the arena and it took three of us to catch him. I don't know what bee got in his bonnet yesterday, he even freaked when I walked up to him with the brush for his mane! He is usually my steady guy. My instructor said it correctly, he was being a horse.

I need size 12, so I might gamble and get the shoes. It is not often I see cute shoes in my size, and with a snaffle bit on top!

So, I flipped back and forth to ITKWD, and I swear they spent a half hour on IMTAB and a half hour on the KitchenAid (and every time he was showing the colors)! Sheesh! They are getting as bad as HSN. No wonder he needed a 5 hour show today!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

On 2/15/2015 stevieb said:
On 2/15/2015 SPURT said:
On 2/14/2015 stevieb said:

Spurt, I have Cox and it is FAR from a great channel line-up but fortunately we do have Evine... And really, it's not 'all that' but it does allow me another option, which is sorely needed because I just can't watch this one anymore... It's just gotten THAT bad... Occasionally, but almost never do I even turn it on these days... Evine is kicking off their 're-branding' this week, so that too probably accounts for some of the variety...

As for The Buyer, well, I avoid him, just as I do The Jester and The Marm... so of course put no stock in the pearls of, um, wisdom... dropping from his mouth.

Good luck with the blinds... I had mine done by JCP and while it was sort of pricey, I got just what I wanted and none of the hassles of hanging them, balancing them, leveling them and so on...

Hey Stevie....what's up with these cable systems you pay a small fortune and "nothing on worth watching"....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} And with The Dish and Direct TV they are always threatening to or do remove channels.....{#emotions_dlg.glare}.

As for my DS's blinds....she needs new ones for her bedroom window, which is large and an odd size....of course once she finds the blinds in the size she needs, she will have our cousin do the hanging, balancing, leveling, and he's very talented in that kind of project or any DYI project and a perfectionist to boot so she knows he will do it right, BUT it's fitting the project into his busy schedule....I suggested JCP they have been my go to when it comes to any type of window treatments be it blinds, drapes, or curtains.....I just hope the company manages to survive because I don't know a place that has better merchandise and prices when it comes to that line!!!! So my DS can shop till she drops before she realizes that perhaps I was right! But it's funny with blinds because you can drive down the street and tell the people with pets because they have those vinyl blinds with the corner missing because cats and dogs tear the blinds so they can look out the window, or with the cats ---they sit on the window sill and watch the world go by...{#emotions_dlg.laugh} That is why I opted for the heavier aluminum variety...

As for the jewelry---in the past financial reports Italy never did well in jewelry sales, I think their top sellers were kitchen, dining, and beauty..I bet the Italians laughed at Q's version of fine Italian jewelry....And I think Calmin has friends in Italy that confirmed that take on QVC's jewelry selection.

Ya know it's very curious because their was no report for the last quarter of 2014....perhaps they restrict the info only to their stockholders now....Or perhaps it's due to Liberty Interactive's restructuring and changing QVC & HSN into a separate stock company so they just decided to start over in 2015. After the 2015 first quarter results are in the books, I wonder if we will see their financial results ..................or maybe they are too embarrassed to show the results ......{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Well Spurt, iIt appears the dilapidated Q .. only posts three quarterly reports... go figure. Maybe the 4th is included in some sort of annual report, but I visited their 'investor relations' page... and will take a longer gander later. What I actually want to see is their 1st quarter report from this year, which will be their first since their star reporter... wised up and flew the coup... Honestly, I don't much care anymore, other than for the curiosity factor, because I know what I like and I don't like them...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I'm seeing absolutely no great strides being made in any of the areas that have needed attention for so long and have absolutely no reason to think that will change in any meaningful way that would once again induce me to become a regular viewer...

As for cable, well, I'm sure I've said it before, but I'll say it again... back in the days when I might have been able to get about a dozen stations, there was almost always something on one of them worth watching... Now, with hundreds at my beck and call, there is all too often absolutely nothing worth watching on them... Not only are the stations themselves just bad, but what's being produced (and has been being produced for years) for TV is just as bad... Lately, it seems almost impossible to consider television watching as a viable entertainment resource for more than a few hours a week, if that

Agree, JCP is a great resource for window treatments, and used to be for rugs too... Unfortunately, they stopped carrying rugs in stores, so now, it's a 'take your chances' thing with them and you order them sight unseen... Moreover, I was looking at rugs on their website recently and despite the hard times they've been having, they appear not to have learned their lesson, because their prices are way, way up on the same items that just a couple of years ago seemed to be selling for hundreds less... And when they deep-sixed their underperfomring management (something the OMQ might WELL consider...), I'd hoped they'd re-institute both the catalog and those nice sale booklets they used to send out, but it appears they've not done either and despite being a long-time card holder, I never, ever get any advertising from them or see any mention of actual sales... I had them do my blinds custom because of the size of my windows and it might well be that DS (and incidentally, did she EVER find a new bag to her liking...) will have to go the custom route if her window is off-size...

Wink

I will say JCP has some washable rugs that I like; since I have so many dogs Smile, I like to be able to throw the rugs in the wash; I tried to have a piece of bound=edged carpet for a rug, but just could not keep it clean, even with a good carpet shampooer. But last time I checked, like you say, the prices were a bit too steep for me to replace some.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

Incidentally, the Evine name likely has little to do with Kathy Levine, who is not listed on any of their corporate pages, so it would seem unlikely they would name the entire operation for her... Doing a little research, it appears that two of the new principle corporate gurus bought out a smaller company with that name and so the name was already owned by them... Why they thought it made good sense to rebrand HQ with it is anyone's guess... Apparently the thinking has to do with the many electronic platforms they offer and plan to offer for shoppers to access... And really, where have we heard all THAT before...?

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

Gosh, what a really awful programming day... I know, I know, they're always bad, but this one is really, really bad... Four hours in the kitchen is just the start of what is a record breaking day for lousy! Not one single show even tempts me to tune in...

Esteemed Contributor

another funny column that is so true! I went to the gym, did my grocery shopping and housework, oh yeah and I watched tv shows I had recorded and old movies. What I didn't do was watch QVC. Why? well for the all reasons that Spurt mentioned in her OP -- because there is nothing I want to see.

I watched some mine finds with jay king on HSN but didn't buy anything, the new evine live has me somewhat confused as far as their programming so I can't say I'm thrilled with them and I can only stand jtv for brief periods of time.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my mantel for early spring -- I went to Pier 1 yesterday and boy were the things in the store lots of fun. Of course I have to pick and choose because the kitty cats think that anything with the "grassy" outside is for them!

Honored Contributor

On 2/15/2015 katiescarlett said:

I will say JCP has some washable rugs that I like; since I have so many dogs Smile, I like to be able to throw the rugs in the wash; I tried to have a piece of bound=edged carpet for a rug, but just could not keep it clean, even with a good carpet shampooer. But last time I checked, like you say, the prices were a bit too steep for me to replace some.

Way steep! I know... I've been looking for braided rugs... A bit old fashioned, perhaps, but I happen to love them, and even though I have perfectly fine larger rugs in the living and dining areas, and really need to prioritize replacing the wall to wall in the bedrooms, I just wanted to look at braideds for the main living areas as a possibility... As noted, the ones I have are fine and are beautiful, but I could really use larger rugs... Anyway, just a few years back I was looking at them on the JCP website and nicer wool braideds were marginally affordable... But, whoa Nelly, when I look at them now, they appear to have gone up by several hundred dollars, and, like I said, they never seem to have sales anymore, even though I thought that was one of the things new management intended to reinstitute...

And, like I said, any way you slice it, I can't believe they can't find room in their stores, few though they are anymore, for a rug section... I mean really, that's the kind of thing you want to see before you order. No one wants to get a huge rug home only to find the colors don't work... Honestly, no wonder they're always struggling to stay afloat...

Honored Contributor

Did you happen to check out Evine this weekend? That's the new name of ShopHQ. I posted on their fb site that I thought their big weekend introducing the new name and some vendors was absolutely horrible. It almost...almost....made Q's dyson/mattress/dell rotation seem special. (if you can even imagine that)

Honored Contributor

While I'd agree that Evine's big weekend kickoff wasn't particularly auspicious, I did, at least, find a few things worth watching, which wasn't the case here. Today, particularly, was awful... as it almost always is.