Honored Contributor

Re: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, ALL THE PRESIDENT'S SHOPPERS, AND NOT ANOTHER RERUN!

On 2/14/2015 Johnnyeager said:

And now all the Hosts flip allegiances and loyalties: Dyson is the Best, Dyson is the best!

No wait a minute. Shark is the Best! Shark is the Best!

The phrase you will most often hear: "I have other vacuums, but Shark Liftaway is the one I pull out for little, quick cleanups."

Hi JOHNNYEAGER---That is a pet peeve with me too---one show it's this vacuum is the best, the next week no this one....the same with makeup---one host will say..."this is the makeup I use at home, it's the best....", next week---this is the best makeup EVER, and it's been written up in all the fashion magazines"........so which is it....{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I know the hosts job is to SELL, SELL, SELL, but come on where is the honesty and integrity.....why even use that angle to sell products....Oh, but that is right---QVC is committed to the HOST ARE YOUR FRIENDS, and you trust your friends don't you, so Q views it as a way to get their Facebook BFFs to buy, buy, buy---when the rest see it as a sleazy sales pitch!!!! and NO SALE, NO SALE, NO SALE!!!! HOW ABOUT SOME INTEGRITY QVC!!!!

Perhaps the solution is to have MORE VARIETY IN YOUR VENDORS!!! {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 2/14/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:

Hi Spurt! Great job! It's the closest I'll come to watching this weekend.

Do you remember Happy Days and when Fonzie was on water skis and jumped the shark? That's when that show lost viewers and died. Q has jumped the shark. (not the vacuum)

Hey CALMIN---LOL I loved your clever post...Yes QVC has DEFINITELY jumped the shark in more ways than one!!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}..Oh yes I remember that Happy Day's episode with Fonzie and the water skis and jumping the shark which started the whole craze!!!! And there was even a fun website to write when you thought your once favorite show JUMPED THE SHARK!!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}No show was safe, not classic TV, or current shows{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Sadly, then JUMP THE SHARK website...well jumped the shark! {#emotions_dlg.blink}

For those not familiar with the history here's a link......

http://www.bonethefish.com/whathappenedtoJTS/JumptheShark.php

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 2/14/2015 circles said:

Okay....my fav of the week is the kitty doing her stretches...coming in second the kitty with the pretty lacy collar...and third are the two laying on the sofa.....

Great job....as usual....you know how to put together a good synopsis of the Q. weekend programming...so we know to make other plans....

Just a thought...(I did watch the jewelry shows)...I was wondering if the phrase "the Lire will soon be gone so make your purchases while we still can get them.." will take the place of the mantra about "the Sleeping Beauty Mine is closed so make your purchases while we can still get some...."

I heard that Lire line so many times it became laughable....all I kept thinking of was you and stevie making fun of the sleeping beauty mine....you will have to add the Lire to your list...lol

Hi Circles.....that kitty doing her stretches is a personal inspiration to GET MOVIN'! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} But some days I'm more like the Tuxedo cat staring at the weights....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Somehow I consider it my good deed to WARN the QVC customer, what the "masterminds" at the Q have in store.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink

Yep, another mantra......currency jewelry......lira (or plural lire)....According to the host's sales spiel....collector's are grabbing it up to commemorate their once beloved currency ---

Be the first on your block TO COLLECT 'EM ALL.....

Coins still being minted for circulation at the time of the changeover to euro (in 2000 and 2001 only lire for collectors coins sets were minted) were:

• 10 lire (only for collectors)
  • 20 lire (only for collectors)
  • 50 lire (2.58 cent)
  • 100 lire (5.16 cent)
  • 200 lire (10.33 cent)
  • 500 lire (25.82 cent)
  • 1,000 lire (51.65 cent)

Why in 2014 there was even a movement to restore the lire as a parallel currency...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/15/italy-lira-nostalgia-idUSL6N0KN38V20140115

There were $34 million dollars in sales made for selling the coins and commemorative books ....one wonders how much of those coin sales was made from purchases from the QVC jewelry buyers....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink

REMEMBER FOLKS---THE LIRE WILL SOON BE GONE---unless of course it's restored---but why take that chance--- BUY YOURS NOW! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Hurry- Hurry-Hurry... yes indeed folks... What a way to start out the day... A vacuum, a blender and a mattress... Hurry-Hurry-Hurry... Because folks, when they're gone, they're gone... The problem, of course, is that they'll never be gone...

Come on over Spurt... come over to the new game in town... The Q is experiencing that last gasp... The rattle has set in... It's no fun anymore... Meanwhile, over at evine (Shop HQ) they've been showing pretty Waterford crystal... moderately priced handbags... decorative objects for the home... actual gemstones... cosmetics and skincare that don't break the bank... and virtually everything is on Value Pay... Hey, the hosts aren't necessarily any better, though some of them are... and at least they're different... No Marm... no Jester... Is it shopping paradise? Of course not, none of the shopping channels is... but at least they're upping the ante... at least they're trying... Meanwhile, back at the Q... well, it's the same ten brands... And hey, I actually got a 20% off coupon from HSN, so I'll check that out later... Meanwhile, back at the Q, no more shipping refunds... Face it, the Q is toast... Sorry to say, Q, you've been deleted from my channel favorites and the homepage is no longer bookmarked... And really, it's nobody's fault but your own!

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 2/14/2015 SPURT said:
On 2/14/2015 circles said:

Okay....my fav of the week is the kitty doing her stretches...coming in second the kitty with the pretty lacy collar...and third are the two laying on the sofa.....

Great job....as usual....you know how to put together a good synopsis of the Q. weekend programming...so we know to make other plans....

Just a thought...(I did watch the jewelry shows)...I was wondering if the phrase "the Lire will soon be gone so make your purchases while we still can get them.." will take the place of the mantra about "the Sleeping Beauty Mine is closed so make your purchases while we can still get some...."

I heard that Lire line so many times it became laughable....all I kept thinking of was you and stevie making fun of the sleeping beauty mine....you will have to add the Lire to your list...lol

Hi Circles.....that kitty doing her stretches is a personal inspiration to GET MOVIN'! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} But some days I'm more like the Tuxedo cat staring at the weights....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Somehow I consider it my good deed to WARN the QVC customer, what the "masterminds" at the Q have in store.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink

Yep, another mantra......currency jewelry......lira (or plural lire)....According to the host's sales spiel....collector's are grabbing it up to commemorate their once beloved currency ---

Be the first on your block TO COLLECT 'EM ALL.....

Coins still being minted for circulation at the time of the changeover to euro (in 2000 and 2001 only lire for collectors coins sets were minted) were:

• 10 lire (only for collectors)
  • 20 lire (only for collectors)
  • 50 lire (2.58 cent)
  • 100 lire (5.16 cent)
  • 200 lire (10.33 cent)
  • 500 lire (25.82 cent)
  • 1,000 lire (51.65 cent)

Why in 2014 there was even a movement to restore the lire as a parallel currency...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/15/italy-lira-nostalgia-idUSL6N0KN38V20140115

There were $34 million dollars in sales made for selling the coins and commemorative books ....one wonders how much of those coin sales was made from purchases from the QVC jewelry buyers....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink

REMEMBER FOLKS---THE LIRE WILL SOON BE GONE---unless of course it's restored---but why take that chance--- BUY YOURS NOW! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

The lira has been disappearing for far longer than the mine has been closed...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

And really, I just can't fathom it... Vintage Q... a vacuum, a blender and a mattress, back to back... Department of redundancy department... and predictable to the point of having fully become a rather unfunny standing joke... That's the Q...

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

But really, pick yourself up some overpriced 'fine' Italian bronze and crystal jewelry, sit back and watch those hour long vacuum demos...

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

On 2/14/2015 stevieb said:

Hurry- Hurry-Hurry... yes indeed folks... What a way to start out the day... A vacuum, a blender and a mattress... Hurry-Hurry-Hurry... Because folks, when they're gone, they're gone... The problem, of course, is that they'll never be gone...

Come on over Spurt... come over to the new game in town... The Q is experiencing that last gasp... The rattle has set in... It's no fun anymore... Meanwhile, over at evine (Shop HQ) they've been showing pretty Waterford crystal... moderately priced handbags... decorative objects for the home... actual gemstones... cosmetics and skincare that don't break the bank... and virtually everything is on Value Pay... Hey, the hosts aren't necessarily any better, though some of them are... and at least they're different... No Marm... no Jester... Is it shopping paradise? Of course not, none of the shopping channels is... but at least they're upping the ante... at least they're trying... Meanwhile, back at the Q... well, it's the same ten brands... And hey, I actually got a 20% off coupon from HSN, so I'll check that out later... Meanwhile, back at the Q, no more shipping refunds... Face it, the Q is toast... Sorry to say, Q, you've been deleted from my channel favorites and the homepage is no longer bookmarked... And really, it's nobody's fault but your own!

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Hey Stevie.....

Unfortunately our cable system does not offer EVINE (formerly ShopHQ) we only have QVC, QVCPLUS,QVCHD, HSN, HSN2, HSNHD, and JTV......my DS has Time Warner and in addition to the usual suspects has a TON of shopping channels. I think the cable companies have to pay them a fee to carry them, in exchange for a percent of their sales, and perhaps since ShopHQ went thru a shaky period in terms of finances and the ouster of their CEO by their Board, that our cable company thought wise to pass them by....perhaps with their rejuvenated business they will reconsider. I think I will send them an email asking them to consider adding EVINE....In the meantime I can still shop online from their website!!!!

Why I can't imagine--- unique vendors, home decor, moderately priced jewelry, and handbags---OH MY!!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.w00t} And none of the cast of "clowns" either...sounds DELIGHTFUL!

As for the lira---if the Italians succeed in restoring their currency, if you plan a trip to Italy, you can remove the coins from your QVC jewelry and use it to buy REAL STYLISH Italian jewelry.....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} GET YOUR ITALIAN LIRE JEWELRY NOW!!!! WHEN THEY ARE GONE---WELL MAYBE THEY WILL BE GONE!

Oh and I read an interesting item in one of those financial periodicals regarding jewelry---it seems that Zales, Cartier, and even Tiffany's costume line has rebounded quite nicely (no sports pun intended) and they have been pleased with their Q4 and current sales....seems different than the doom and gloom picture that David M portrays....perhaps if he purchased from other vendors and other sources Q's jewelry results might be tad different....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

And to tie in the thread from the other post---regarding the CARRYOVER CHARGE....I forgot that our Home Goods and Maxx HERE are one big store, while in other parts of the country they are separate or side by side.....but still a temptation none the less...Wink

Well I'm off to help DS check out some new blinds.....not an exciting purchase but STILL better than watching the Q....and there are other nearby stores and other purchases that might be tempting....Wink

Honored Contributor

On 2/14/2015 SPURT said:

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Hey Stevie.....

Unfortunately our cable system does not offer EVINE (formerly ShopHQ) we only have QVC, QVCPLUS,QVCHD, HSN, HSN2, HSNHD, and JTV......my DS has Time Warner and in addition to the usual suspects has a TON of shopping channels. I think the cable companies have to pay them a fee to carry them, in exchange for a percent of their sales, and perhaps since ShopHQ went thru a shaky period in terms of finances and the ouster of their CEO by their Board, that our cable company thought wise to pass them by....perhaps with their rejuvenated business they will reconsider. I think I will send them an email asking them to consider adding EVINE....In the meantime I can still shop online from their website!!!!

Why I can't imagine--- unique vendors, home decor, moderately priced jewelry, and handbags---OH MY!!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}{#emotions_dlg.w00t} And none of the cast of "clowns" either...sounds DELIGHTFUL!

As for the lira---if the Italians succeed in restoring their currency, if you plan a trip to Italy, you can remove the coins from your QVC jewelry and use it to buy REAL STYLISH Italian jewelry.....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} GET YOUR ITALIAN LIRE JEWELRY NOW!!!! WHEN THEY ARE GONE---WELL MAYBE THEY WILL BE GONE!

Oh and I read an interesting item in one of those financial periodicals regarding jewelry---it seems that Zales, Cartier, and even Tiffany's costume line has rebounded quite nicely (no sports pun intended) and they have been pleased with their Q4 and current sales....seems different than the doom and gloom picture that David M portrays....perhaps if he purchased from other vendors and other sources Q's jewelry results might be tad different....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

And to tie in the thread from the other post---regarding the CARRYOVER CHARGE....I forgot that our Home Goods and Maxx HERE are one big store, while in other parts of the country they are separate or side by side.....but still a temptation none the less...Wink

Well I'm off to help DS check out some new blinds.....not an exciting purchase but STILL better than watching the Q....and there are other nearby stores and other purchases that might be tempting....Wink

Spurt, I have Cox and it is FAR from a great channel line-up but fortunately we do have Evine... And really, it's not 'all that' but it does allow me another option, which is sorely needed because I just can't watch this one anymore... It's just gotten THAT bad... Occasionally, but almost never do I even turn it on these days... Evine is kicking off their 're-branding' this week, so that too probably accounts for some of the variety...

As for The Buyer, well, I avoid him, just as I do The Jester and The Marm... so of course put no stock in the pearls of, um, wisdom... dropping from his mouth.

Good luck with the blinds... I had mine done by JCP and while it was sort of pricey, I got just what I wanted and none of the hassles of hanging them, balancing them, leveling them and so on...

Super Contributor

Have a wonderful Valentine's day SPURT and glad we are busy all weekend. How many vacuum's do we need to see. I agree about the 21 days of different programs that would be nice. It seems the there is no variety on the Q anymore.

Valued Contributor

On 2/14/2015 SPURT said:
On 2/14/2015 Johnnyeager said:

And now all the Hosts flip allegiances and loyalties: Dyson is the Best, Dyson is the best!

No wait a minute. Shark is the Best! Shark is the Best!

The phrase you will most often hear: "I have other vacuums, but Shark Liftaway is the one I pull out for little, quick cleanups."

Hi JOHNNYEAGER---That is a pet peeve with me too---one show it's this vacuum is the best, the next week no this one....the same with makeup---one host will say..."this is the makeup I use at home, it's the best....", next week---this is the best makeup EVER, and it's been written up in all the fashion magazines"........so which is it....{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I know the hosts job is to SELL, SELL, SELL, but come on where is the honesty and integrity.....why even use that angle to sell products....Oh, but that is right---QVC is committed to the HOST ARE YOUR FRIENDS, and you trust your friends don't you, so Q views it as a way to get their Facebook BFFs to buy, buy, buy---when the rest see it as a sleazy sales pitch!!!! and NO SALE, NO SALE, NO SALE!!!! HOW ABOUT SOME INTEGRITY QVC!!!!

Perhaps the solution is to have MORE VARIETY IN YOUR VENDORS!!! {#emotions_dlg.glare}

They do the same thing with skin care and make-up; all the lines are the ones they use and are their very favorite.

So, I am considering buying the Aerosole moccasin while supplies last shoe = it has a horse bit as decoration. I would get it in two colors, but $10 shipping??!! plus the cost to return if they don't fit. But I am thinking of blue......you know how I like my horsey stuff.Smile

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Valued Contributor

On 2/14/2015 SPURT said:

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Hey Stevie.....

Spurt, I have Cox and it is FAR from a great channel line-up but fortunately we do have Evine... And really, it's not 'all that' but it does allow me another option, which is sorely needed because I just can't watch this one anymore... It's just gotten THAT bad... Occasionally, but almost never do I even turn it on these days... Evine is kicking off their 're-branding' this week, so that too probably accounts for some of the variety...

As for The Buyer, well, I avoid him, just as I do The Jester and The Marm... so of course put no stock in the pearls of, um, wisdom... dropping from his mouth.

Good luck with the blinds... I had mine done by JCP and while it was sort of pricey, I got just what I wanted and none of the hassles of hanging them, balancing them, leveling them and so on...

I guess it is just me, but I have found nothing of interest on ShopHQ, now evine (what does that even mean?){#emotions_dlg.confused1} And I find very little on HSN, occasionally get new reading glasses when they are on clearance. Have found a few treasures on zulily. I guess I am not in the "buying" mood these days, trying to build savings back up. I look in my checkbook or at debit/credit card and my purchases, other than utilities, gas and food, are for dog food, cat food, horse food, dog vet, horse vet, horseshoer, riding lesson. I need to get a t-shirt I saw on zulily - it read "My Horse Ate My Paycheck."{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call