Honored Contributor

Re: HAIR CARE, GEISHAS, A COMPUTER, COOKING AND MORE THAN A BLENDER

On 3/25/2015 Johnnyeager said:

What do y'all think about the Lisa Mason revelation? It doesn't make much sense to me from what I understand their goal to be: to modernize, get relevant, become hip and young, etc. (Remember the Bring Back Patti Reilly thread from months ago?)

It may also signal that the whole Hosting concept is dated, irrelevant and is just not that important to them anymore, as more and more shoppers just go to the website to buy or use the phone app.

They may figure just get an experienced host and forget training and grooming someone new, since it doesn't matter anyway. This really has me puzzled.

Hi Johnnyeager.....I hadn't heard the news until I saw your post....WOW!!! For me that is finally one piece GOOD news from QVC!!! I always liked Lisa M. I found her to be classy, gracious, and I liked her wry wit, and sense of humor, and she seemed well prepared in her product presentations.....and her Southern colloquialisms don't bother me....I've lived in Texas for over 25 years and that's just the way folks talk in the South and here in Texas {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

One thing I really liked about her is she was also honest about the products---I remember one customer that called in and had purchased a coat, but she mentioned that she was petite and she was going to have it shortened since it would be a bit long on her....Lisa could have just smiled and thanked her for her purchase, but Lisa jumped in and told her if she had the coat shortened, that may effect the lines and fit of the coat, so this coat may not be the best choice for someone that is petite. She even told her that a coat was coming up that was similar, that came in petite sizes and was less expensive too.....I bet QVC management cringed, but I bet that customer appreciated it saving her a lot of expense and frustration. She also did that with jewelry---if you don't have long fingers, this might not be the ring for you.....I appreciated the information and her honesty.

And as Stevie and others have said, with Lisa's husband battling cancer, it probably made sense for her to return to a more stable work environment that provides good benefits....

As far as QVC trying to lure in the young demographic with younger hosts---it appears the hosts QVC have hired for this task, have instead polarized QVC viewers rather than luring in the young. .....To be honest, I don't think that is the audience that QVC really appeals to anyway, although QVC just won't admit or accept it........

As for the bring back Patti R threads....I think those were written just to stir the pot, and create a snarkfest.. PR started acting very strangely in the later stages of her career with QVC.....and the forums went wild, so I don't think QVC even with all the bad decisions that they have made would make a decision to bring her back JMHO.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 SPURT said:

What do y'all think about the Lisa Mason revelation? It doesn't make much sense to me from what I understand their goal to be: to modernize, get relevant, become hip and young, etc. (Remember the Bring Back Patti Reilly thread from months ago?)

It may also signal that the whole Hosting concept is dated, irrelevant and is just not that important to them anymore, as more and more shoppers just go to the website to buy or use the phone app.

They may figure just get an experienced host and forget training and grooming someone new, since it doesn't matter anyway. This really has me puzzled.

Hi Johnnyeager.....I hadn't heard the news until I saw your post....WOW!!! For me that is finally one piece GOOD news from QVC!!! I always liked Lisa M. I found her to be classy, gracious, and I liked her wry wit, and sense of humor, and she seemed well prepared in her product presentations.....and her Southern colloquialisms don't bother me....I've lived in Texas for over 25 years and that's just the way folks talk in the South and here in Texas {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

One thing I really liked about her is she was also honest about the products---I remember one customer that called in and had purchased a coat, but she mentioned that she was petite and she was going to have it shortened since it would be a bit long on her....Lisa could have just smiled and thanked her for her purchase, but Lisa jumped in and told her if she had the coat shortened, that may effect the lines and fit of the coat, so this coat may not be the best choice for someone that is petite. She even told her that a coat was coming up that was similar, that came in petite sizes and was less expensive too.....I bet QVC management cringed, but I bet that customer appreciated it saving her a lot of expense and frustration. She also did that with jewelry---if you don't have long fingers, this might not be the ring for you.....I appreciated the information and her honesty.

And as Stevie and others have said, with Lisa's husband battling cancer, it probably made sense for her to return to a more stable work environment that provides good benefits....

As far as QVC trying to lure in the young demographic with younger hosts---it appears the hosts QVC have hired for this task, have instead polarized QVC viewers rather than luring in the young. .....To be honest, I don't think that is the audience that QVC really appeals to anyway, although QVC just won't admit or accept it........

As for the bring back Patti R threads....I think those were written just to stir the pot, and create a snarkfest.. PR started acting very strangely in the later stages of her career with QVC.....and the forums went wild, so I don't think QVC even with all the bad decisions that they have made would make a decision to bring her back JMHO.

It'll be good to have at least one of the Lisas' back, anyway... Meanwhile, it appears those Patti threads have mysteriously disappeared... Talk about polarizing! Wow, if the Q wants to make all the diametrically opposite opinions about some of their younger hosts look like birdseed, then yea, bring Reilly back. Then the wars can really start and there will be no way they could moderate all the snark! And yep, Spurt, I agree... bringing in younger hosts to court that demographic is about as sensible as Target selling gourmet foods to the same endg.. It's a bit whatever... And I'll tell you, if it meant never having to hear or see Amy again, I'd gladly meet you half way and suggest Mikie ship Courtney off to QVC France and Amy off to QVC wherever...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Oops... I was wrong, at least one of the Patti threads remains...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy} {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

Spurt, in case you missed it, I was just over in the beauty forum, the generic one, not one associated with an, um, given product... ahem, but as part of that forum, one of the posters was commenting about the tone of some of those posting about, well, a certain product... I felt compelled to post the following... Thought you'd be interested.

It's unfortunate the zeal some seem to bring, which does seem to preclude any commentary that isn't 100% glowing. It's one thing to think highly of a product or a vendor, but altogether something else to be virtually blindly chauvinistic about it, to the point where other opinions or lines of discussion are verboten, sought out and shot down...

Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 stevieb said:
On 3/26/2015 SPURT said:

It'll be good to have at least one of the Lisas' back, anyway... Meanwhile, it appears those Patti threads have mysteriously disappeared... Talk about polarizing! Wow, if the Q wants to make all the diametrically opposite opinions about some of their younger hosts look like birdseed, then yea, bring Reilly back. Then the wars can really start and there will be no way they could moderate all the snark! And yep, Spurt, I agree... bringing in younger hosts to court that demographic is about as sensible as Target selling gourmet foods to the same endg.. It's a bit whatever... And I'll tell you, if it meant never having to hear or see Amy again, I'd gladly meet you half way and suggest Mikie ship Courtney off to QVC France and Amy off to QVC wherever...

I just hope Lisa M does not get bored with the 15 limited products she gets to present, nor do I hope that QVC insists she become an overly hyper, screeching, carnival barking hosts.....

As for Reilly, when she first came on board I thought she was very sweet and did an excellent job......Then she did this make over, and unfortunately her brain also did a makeover and she morphed into some narcissistic unwatchable being.....Even some of the vendors started to snap back at her.....And her departure did not result in a heart felt farewell that both Lisa M. and Lisa R received from their co-workers and vendors....I think QVC must've given a big sigh of relief when PR left....as did the majority of viewers. I never did get involved in any of the PR threads but they made some interesting reading....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Spurt, in case you missed it, I was just over in the beauty forum, the generic one, not one associated with an, um, given product... ahem, but as part of that forum, one of the posters was commenting about the tone of some of those posting about, well, a certain product... I felt compelled to post the following... Thought you'd be interested.

It's unfortunate the zeal some seem to bring, which does seem to preclude any commentary that isn't 100% glowing. It's one thing to think highly of a product or a vendor, but altogether something else to be virtually blindly chauvinistic about it, to the point where other opinions or lines of discussion are verboten, sought out and shot down...

As always Stevie, you expressed everything so well and so eloquently, what I and I'm sure a lot of others think--good job! . {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}.

Normally I don't interact or venture over there at all (unless someone mentions an especially amusing thread and I might venture over to read it). But earlier, I did go over to that part of the Forum to see if someone admitted to reporting our posts, that's when I saw their little snarkfest. I decided to notify QVC because it has become tiresome that "never can be heard a discouraging word", about vendor/product.........And this over zealousness is just out of control, as well as their picking fights in packs.....QVC created a part of the forum where they can knock themselves out writing gushing favorable reviews and compliments on said product/vendor.....And there appears to be several Facebook Pages that are available, so why can't they just enjoy all these venues that are at their disposal.......

Yes we have our opinion on some of the hosts and programming, but it is confined to where QVC has designated it to be. And we also write about things we enjoy too, as well as enjoy the company of those with whom we have some common interests.....

Respected Contributor

Wow! And I thought I was the only one who received those tongue lashings....but I guess it can happen to anyone on this forum.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 SPURT said:

As always Stevie, you expressed everything so well and so eloquently, what I and I'm sure a lot of others think--good job! . {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}.

Normally I don't interact or venture over there at all (unless someone mentions an especially amusing thread and I might venture over to read it). But earlier, I did go over to that part of the Forum to see if someone admitted to reporting our posts, that's when I saw their little snarkfest. I decided to notify QVC because it has become tiresome that "never can be heard a discouraging word", about vendor/product.........And this over zealousness is just out of control, as well as their picking fights in packs.....QVC created a part of the forum where they can knock themselves out writing gushing favorable reviews and compliments on said product/vendor.....And there appears to be several Facebook Pages that are available, so why can't they just enjoy all these venues that are at their disposal.......

Yes we have our opinion on some of the hosts and programming, but it is confined to where QVC has designated it to be. And we also write about things we enjoy too, as well as enjoy the company of those with whom we have some common interests.....

Yea, well, that thread just got worse and worse and more and more juvenile, so I think I'll just steer clear... Honestly, you have to wonder about the mentality of some folks posting on these boards...

Trusted Contributor

On 3/26/2015 SPURT said:

Yea, well, that thread just got worse and worse and more and more juvenile, so I think I'll just steer clear... Honestly, you have to wonder about the mentality of some folks posting on these boards...

yes wonder indeed Wink

live....laugh....love
Honored Contributor

On 3/26/2015 bruingirl said:
On 3/26/2015 SPURT said:

yes wonder indeed Wink

You really do, not even to mention the seeming mental age of some posters... So glad we're in agreement on this...