Honored Contributor

Re: HAIR CARE, GEISHAS, A COMPUTER, COOKING AND MORE THAN A BLENDER

On 3/21/2015 teganslaw said:

I won't be able to watch QVC because we got rid of Dish and am going to local stations only It was getting to cost too much. I didn't watch QVC when we had the channel, anyway. Besides, the shows I watch are shown locally, and some others I can always see on the internet.

They say Vitamix is more than a blender; can it magically make money appear? It needs to have special powers to offset the high price.

WEN must have a big enough following for them to show all hours of Chaz. Just don't call it a shampoo!

Sorry to hear about your sister's cat.I hope that she can find the right food for Padme. Let us know how things work out.

Hey TEGAN.....you won't miss much if you won't get the QVC channel that's for sure....and if you get curious there is always live streaming....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink

With the cost of Vitamix I would expect it to at least clean the house in addition to blending.......{#emotions_dlg.laugh} It seems to be QVC's CEO's favorite product, because when he does an interview he always seems to mention this rather expensive blender....possibly due to the nice big price tag....{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Oh yes the WENNITES are a rather large loyal group....and like you said, heaven forbid if you call it shampoo....or say anything negative about either the vendor or the product....hades has no fury like a Wennite scorned....Wink

As for Padme...my DS has tried all kinds of food and she might nibble on a particular brand one day, and not like it the next....she's tried about every kind of dry and wet food....I don't understand why she is so picky, she's always been that way, so now that she has to eat only certain kinds of food...that is a problem. My sister got her from a No Kill Animal Shelter---my DS learned her background, Padme was picked up by Animal Control, and a No Kill Shelter, when they have openings, takes in a few of their cats and dogs....and they chose Padme probably because of her beautiful bright green eyes....it seems she would be grateful for any kind of food with her background....but I think DS has spoiled her rotten...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

It looks like the NFL free agent frenzy has calmed down a bit....and just think a little over a month until Draft Day.....can't wait {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 stevieb said:

Well, I spent several hours just leisurely shopping Target, picked up some prescriptions along with a few grocery items, stocked up on some things, purchased a few home and cosmetic items, then took myself to lunch at a little place nearby... Was tired by the time I came home, so had a nice hot cup of coffee and curled up with a very engaging book I began a few days ago... All far more pleasant than doing the Q's hair flip boogie... Lovely here today. Sunny and warm, but not at all hot, a slight breeze and, blessedly (and not to last long...) no humidity... As for that snow you saw yesterday, Spurt, it was fleeting and didn't accumulate, though it was rainy, dreary and nasty most of the day...

Hey STEVIE....it sounds like you had a successful shopping trip to Target.....much more fun than watching the hair fluffing and flipping.....and yet another day to stay away from the Q unless your idea of "entertainment" is seeing food pulverized....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} So that was a quick change in weather---the snow went away quickly.

Well our rain has passed and its a nice sunny cool day with no humidity....but there is supposed to be a warming trend coming...81 for a couple of days, before it slightly cools down to where I like it in the low to mid 70's....that is IF the weather morons got the forecast right... {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Since it was raining I stayed home....talked to some friends on the phone, did some house cleaning and read....not too exciting, but DS and a friend are taking a day off from work this coming week and we are headed to the Hill Country for some shopping and a nice lunch...so I am saving my money for some unique purchases hopefully....

I am quite curious to see QVC's first quarter financials too...and see if their stale programming, new shipping policies, and host roulette has impacted their finances. But ya know even if it is dismal, I am hoping for the best and hope they see the error of their ways and that they make changes, but why do I get the feeling it will be business as usual---They are losing money in Japan and Germany and don't seem to care....I guess they are counting on Italy and China to hold up the entire kit and kaboodle.....And Mr. Mike will probably dance around the figures to the stockholders...citing "the economy" as the reason for any declines....And if I was a betting woman, I bet electronic sales are STILL DOWN

Evine Live released their 2014 last quarter figures....

Operating Highlights

• Online net sales of $93 million grew 4% a 20 bps increase
  • Mobile represented our fasting growing platform, with sales of $32 million up 24%
  • Net shipped units increased 23% to an all-time quarterly high of 2.9 million
  • Average purchase frequency increased 17% to a record high of 4.3 units per customer
  • Return rate of 19.9%, declined 1

2014 Fiscal Fourth Quarter

Financial Highlights

• Total sales of $201 million, rose 4% over prior year fourth quarter
  • Gross profit of $66 million, an increase of 6%

2014 Fiscal Year

Highlights

• Total sales of $675 million, an increase of 5% over 2013 fiscal year
  • Gross profit of $245 million, an increase of 7%
  • Adjusted EBITDA of $23 million, rose 26%
  • Adjusted net income of $7.7 million, an increase of $8.1 million

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Spurt, I wanted to get back to you about the kidney disease. I'm sorry your DS's cat has been diagnosed. I do have some recommendations, based on four years with this and all the ups and downs of Baby Cat's condition. I know this is very long, but I do hope it helps. The most important thing I can tell you, I think, is that my vets are amazed at Baby Cat, and they say it's because she was put on fluids immediately, I have NEVER missed getting her the fluids she needs, kept her eating, and have taken care of her blood pressure. The fluids are SO important- I'm surprised your DS's vet didn't go ahead and start Padme on them, especially given her age. (My vet techs and I joked a couple of weeks ago when we had 8" of snow that if they were open and a snowplow pulled up in front, it would be me and Baby Cat, because I would hire one before I would miss her getting her fluids!) I don't mean to be presumptuous, because I'm not a vet, but if I were your sister, I would call and ask the vet about the fluids and not wait until April.

First of all, Baby Cat was diagnosed when they did blood work for a dental at age 13. They didn't do the dental because it makes the anesthesia situation much more difficult and risky... we just had to hope she would never really have to have it, but none of us had any idea my little trooper would still be here after four years! I was told that by the time the kidney disease shows up in blood work, they have already lost 65-75% of their kidney function. She was immediately put on subcutaneous fluids twice a week, along with the kidney diet food. That acts similar to kidney dialysis in people by helping to flush the toxins out of their kidneys and also keeps them hydrated because they u r in ate more. I haven't had anyone that I could be sure would be available on a regular basis to help me with the fluids, so I took her to the vet religiously twice a week for three years for the fluids. If your sister has someone to help her, or if her cat is very docile and will allow her to do it, the fluids can be done at home, and the vets will teach her (and it's WAY less expensive!). It's easy to do on a dog (I had to do it for a while for a little poodle baby I had), but cats are different! It was impossible with my baby.

A year ago, she started having all kinds of problems, acting spacey, hiding, refusing to eat, and after two trips to the emergency hospital, and more exams with my vet, along with trying different meds for possible dementia, nausea, and appetite enhancers, I stopped all of them and she seemed to get better. On one of the emergency trips, her blood work showed that the disease had escalated and we put her on the fluids three times a week. That's been a year.

During those couple of months, my vet said she needed to check her blood pressure, and we discovered that she was suffering from very high blood pressure. PLEASE HAVE YOUR SISTER GET THEM TO CHECK HER CAT'S BP...my vet charges about $35... I learned that it is common in cats with kidney disease and left untreated can cause all kinds of problems, including blindness. We got her blood pressure meds adjusted after a couple of months, and she's been doing okay for a while now. She takes 1/2 tablet of Amlodipine Besylate 2.5mg every 12 hours (morning and night) which is a human BP med. I chop it up and put it in some wet canned A/D food (that's a vet food formulation that has lots of calories to help cats that don't want to eat much-it's very soft and mushy) with a couple of drops of water, put it in the top of a syringe, then put the "pusher" part back in and she takes it that way. Hopefully your sister's cat doesn't have BP problems.

The first year or two Baby Cat would eat the canned food, but gradually decided she didn't want it. After about two years, the doctors said the most important thing was for her to eat, and keep her weight up, so I could feed her whatever she would eat. At first it was some diet, some Fancy Feast, etc. Her likes and dislikes have changed off and on over time, and she has gone from all wet to a combination of wet and dry. I have small bags of dry food lined up on top of my fridge, and she will get up on the bar and look up there and "tell me" that she wants some! (I neglected to say in my other post that the bar is also now her "table"!) So in between her regular meals of mostly wet and a little dry, she gets the dry whenever she wants it... sometimes I have to try two or three different flavors until she gets the one her little taste buds want at that moment! (And now my Missie has gotten a little too fat because I can't feed Baby Cat and not give her a morsel or two, or three, also!) {#emotions_dlg.wub}{#emotions_dlg.wub}

I'm sorry this turned out so long, but I wanted to give you all the information I could in the hope that it will help your sister understand more about the disease and be able to help her cat. I learned all this through very long, hard, sad, upsetting experiences, so if it helps her to understand it up front, then she will know what to be on the lookout for and what to ask the vets about. Wish her luck for me and keep me updated!

Honored Contributor

Hey Spurt, yes it was a pleasant little diversion... Today is very pretty here again, which is sort of surprising, but foolishly, I haven't been out... Just lounging around, although I really should've been cleaning. The place is a mess... Hoping you enjoy your trip to the Hill Country. It sounds like a nice time. Once spring really springs, I might have to plan a little day trip to central Virginia, which is beautiful all year, but especially in spring and fall.

I'm sure Mikie will try to dance around the financials and I'd almost bet the farm they won't be pretty... they so rarely are, and while change (for the sake of change) might have netted them some initial interest, over the long haul, I don't see anything markedly different and what is markedly different is just so bad... Still, here's hoping that the board of directors at some point will stop buying into Mikie's, uh, dance... other than, like an old cartoon, to fire their side arms at his feet and tell him to dance on out the door... and take his entire management team with him...

Glad to see Evine's numbers looked promising. As noted, it's certainly not television shopping nirvana, but it IS another option and as this one becomes less and less watchable, well, it's nice to have an option... Something Mikie apparently has yet to learn... as he keeps right on offering us the same 'options' week after week after week...

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 3/22/2015 SPURT said:
On 3/21/2015 maryebrown said:

YES, I will keep you updated about Miss Kitty - and, her numerous "BF" cats -- it's too funny, since she's not in heat... it's all about The Food (that we give her) and just how far they will go, to try to dominate her. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I hope you have a nice weekend, too ! I stay away from FB -- what a MESS the Q has created for the Hosts ! -- they are sitting ducks ! The stalkers/creepy people slither out, yet the Q's insistence of The Hosts using of Social Media, and forcing them to "put it all out there", is ridiculous... All I can say is, YIKES! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Hi MARY ......Yep, QVC is partly to blame for the criticisms of the hosts because they CONSTANTLY remind the viewers to like them on Facebook.......and QVC emphasizes the use of social media and chatting on their FB pages and "the hosts are your friends" too nd that draws in all kinds of comments......Whats the saying, be careful what you asked for....

I do have a suggestion about Miss Kitty....you mentioned she's not in heat...I know she's feral and just gaining your trust, but if you can somehow try to catch her please try to get her spayed ....The BF's may be interested in the food right now, and cashing in on Miss Kitty's territory.....but with time, it will soon turn to "romance".{#emotions_dlg.blushing}......she will be much happier, and you won't wind up with a huge feral cat colony, cuz well...they do multiply quickly (I've seen what has happened in my neighborhood).....it's just a suggestion. But I know I will enjoy hearing about her antics....Image result for cat emoticons

Poor Miss Kitty - she is soooo sociable (hey, maybe she should be recruited for the Q's Social Networking -- and give a big Paws Down!) {#emotions_dlg.laugh} She DOES get along with other cats in our Rural Environment, and has Co-Existed with Most of the Felines while avoiding the Canines (unless THEY are aggressive). Then she goes into her Defensive mode. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

DH remembers her, coming around in early 2009 (while DS & I were in FL., for his Career School Education and my working to pay for our Second Residence) and she was a very Young Adult Cat (coming into HeatHood), at that time. So, she's probably about 7 years old now (and her "gray" is showing - {#emotions_dlg.scared})

Our Landlord has also been Our Vet (for our Dogs who have gone to the Rainbow Bridge in 2005 and 2009). I think I will call him about this, since I know that WE can't 'capture her' and get her up to his office for spaying --- nor do we have the Pet Container to do so, while wearing our Padded suits ! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2015 kittymomNC said:

Spurt, I wanted to get back to you about the kidney disease. I'm sorry your DS's cat has been diagnosed. I do have some recommendations, based on four years with this and all the ups and downs of Baby Cat's condition. I know this is very long, but I do hope it helps. The most important thing I can tell you, I think, is that my vets are amazed at Baby Cat, and they say it's because she was put on fluids immediately, I have NEVER missed getting her the fluids she needs, kept her eating, and have taken care of her blood pressure. The fluids are SO important- I'm surprised your DS's vet didn't go ahead and start Padme on them, especially given her age. (My vet techs and I joked a couple of weeks ago when we had 8" of snow that if they were open and a snowplow pulled up in front, it would be me and Baby Cat, because I would hire one before I would miss her getting her fluids!) I don't mean to be presumptuous, because I'm not a vet, but if I were your sister, I would call and ask the vet about the fluids and not wait until April.

First of all, Baby Cat was diagnosed when they did blood work for a dental at age 13. They didn't do the dental because it makes the anesthesia situation much more difficult and risky... we just had to hope she would never really have to have it, but none of us had any idea my little trooper would still be here after four years! I was told that by the time the kidney disease shows up in blood work, they have already lost 65-75% of their kidney function. She was immediately put on subcutaneous fluids twice a week, along with the kidney diet food. That acts similar to kidney dialysis in people by helping to flush the toxins out of their kidneys and also keeps them hydrated because they u r in ate more. I haven't had anyone that I could be sure would be available on a regular basis to help me with the fluids, so I took her to the vet religiously twice a week for three years for the fluids. If your sister has someone to help her, or if her cat is very docile and will allow her to do it, the fluids can be done at home, and the vets will teach her (and it's WAY less expensive!). It's easy to do on a dog (I had to do it for a while for a little poodle baby I had), but cats are different! It was impossible with my baby.

A year ago, she started having all kinds of problems, acting spacey, hiding, refusing to eat, and after two trips to the emergency hospital, and more exams with my vet, along with trying different meds for possible dementia, nausea, and appetite enhancers, I stopped all of them and she seemed to get better. On one of the emergency trips, her blood work showed that the disease had escalated and we put her on the fluids three times a week. That's been a year.

During those couple of months, my vet said she needed to check her blood pressure, and we discovered that she was suffering from very high blood pressure. PLEASE HAVE YOUR SISTER GET THEM TO CHECK HER CAT'S BP...my vet charges about $35... I learned that it is common in cats with kidney disease and left untreated can cause all kinds of problems, including blindness. We got her blood pressure meds adjusted after a couple of months, and she's been doing okay for a while now. She takes 1/2 tablet of Amlodipine Besylate 2.5mg every 12 hours (morning and night) which is a human BP med. I chop it up and put it in some wet canned A/D food (that's a vet food formulation that has lots of calories to help cats that don't want to eat much-it's very soft and mushy) with a couple of drops of water, put it in the top of a syringe, then put the "pusher" part back in and she takes it that way. Hopefully your sister's cat doesn't have BP problems.

The first year or two Baby Cat would eat the canned food, but gradually decided she didn't want it. After about two years, the doctors said the most important thing was for her to eat, and keep her weight up, so I could feed her whatever she would eat. At first it was some diet, some Fancy Feast, etc. Her likes and dislikes have changed off and on over time, and she has gone from all wet to a combination of wet and dry. I have small bags of dry food lined up on top of my fridge, and she will get up on the bar and look up there and "tell me" that she wants some! (I neglected to say in my other post that the bar is also now her "table"!) So in between her regular meals of mostly wet and a little dry, she gets the dry whenever she wants it... sometimes I have to try two or three different flavors until she gets the one her little taste buds want at that moment! (And now my Missie has gotten a little too fat because I can't feed Baby Cat and not give her a morsel or two, or three, also!) {#emotions_dlg.wub}{#emotions_dlg.wub}

I'm sorry this turned out so long, but I wanted to give you all the information I could in the hope that it will help your sister understand more about the disease and be able to help her cat. I learned all this through very long, hard, sad, upsetting experiences, so if it helps her to understand it up front, then she will know what to be on the lookout for and what to ask the vets about. Wish her luck for me and keep me updated!

Hi KITTYMOM .....Thank you oh so much, I really appreciate all the time and effort and most important all the valuable information that I will pass on to DS.

I know the disease was discovered during Padme's Wellness Exam....I know the vet checked her over and did blood work, I will certainly tell her about the Blood Pressure issue too. Padme has other issues and not feeling well when she took her in so maybe he wanted to clear up the other issue with her glands and stomach issues, before he started the fluids. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your help!

It's funny because your cat's counter feeding routine sounds very much like what my sis does with Padme, hers is definitely a CATETERIA with the variety of dry and wet food she puts down {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}.

She said the cat has been feeling better and has been playing more .....

Thanks for the good wishes for Padme and I will keep you updated.

Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2015 maryebrown said:
On 3/22/2015 SPURT said:
On 3/21/2015 maryebrown said:

YES, I will keep you updated about Miss Kitty - and, her numerous "BF" cats -- it's too funny, since she's not in heat... it's all about The Food (that we give her) and just how far they will go, to try to dominate her. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I hope you have a nice weekend, too ! I stay away from FB -- what a MESS the Q has created for the Hosts ! -- they are sitting ducks ! The stalkers/creepy people slither out, yet the Q's insistence of The Hosts using of Social Media, and forcing them to "put it all out there", is ridiculous... All I can say is, YIKES! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Hi MARY ......Yep, QVC is partly to blame for the criticisms of the hosts because they CONSTANTLY remind the viewers to like them on Facebook.......and QVC emphasizes the use of social media and chatting on their FB pages and "the hosts are your friends" too nd that draws in all kinds of comments......Whats the saying, be careful what you asked for....

I do have a suggestion about Miss Kitty....you mentioned she's not in heat...I know she's feral and just gaining your trust, but if you can somehow try to catch her please try to get her spayed ....The BF's may be interested in the food right now, and cashing in on Miss Kitty's territory.....but with time, it will soon turn to "romance".{#emotions_dlg.blushing}......she will be much happier, and you won't wind up with a huge feral cat colony, cuz well...they do multiply quickly (I've seen what has happened in my neighborhood).....it's just a suggestion. But I know I will enjoy hearing about her antics....Image result for cat emoticons

Poor Miss Kitty - she is soooo sociable (hey, maybe she should be recruited for the Q's Social Networking -- and give a big Paws Down!) {#emotions_dlg.laugh} She DOES get along with other cats in our Rural Environment, and has Co-Existed with Most of the Felines while avoiding the Canines (unless THEY are aggressive). Then she goes into her Defensive mode. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

DH remembers her, coming around in early 2009 (while DS & I were in FL., for his Career School Education and my working to pay for our Second Residence) and she was a very Young Adult Cat (coming into HeatHood), at that time. So, she's probably about 7 years old now (and her "gray" is showing - {#emotions_dlg.scared})

Our Landlord has also been Our Vet (for our Dogs who have gone to the Rainbow Bridge in 2005 and 2009). I think I will call him about this, since I know that WE can't 'capture her' and get her up to his office for spaying --- nor do we have the Pet Container to do so, while wearing our Padded suits ! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Hi Mary.......with Miss Kitty's personality and social skills I think she would be an excellent REPLACEMENT on In The Kitchen With David as social correspondent.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink

Wow so Miss Kitty is 7....she's about my Figgy's age....Figgy will turn 7 in June. Check with you Landlord/vet, but also see if your city has a Feral Cat Society or sometimes your Animal Control offers a program if the cat is feral and they will loan you a humane trap, neuter the cat, and return the cat, some cities will perform the spaying for free. Oh I understand, the need for a Padded suit, when I rescued Puddin, although she liked being rescued from a mean neighbor who tried to kick her and throw things at her, and of course she liked the food I gave her, but after she had a bite to eat, then she was downright frantic ---racing all around the house, scratching at the front door and banging herself against the sliding glass door...But after a bit, she calmed down and is now such a sweet indoor kitty....She is very "talkative", she likes to help me make the bed, she likes her toys, and loves to be petted and sit beside me.

Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2015 stevieb said:

Hey Spurt, yes it was a pleasant little diversion... Today is very pretty here again, which is sort of surprising, but foolishly, I haven't been out... Just lounging around, although I really should've been cleaning. The place is a mess... Hoping you enjoy your trip to the Hill Country. It sounds like a nice time. Once spring really springs, I might have to plan a little day trip to central Virginia, which is beautiful all year, but especially in spring and fall.

I'm sure Mikie will try to dance around the financials and I'd almost bet the farm they won't be pretty... they so rarely are, and while change (for the sake of change) might have netted them some initial interest, over the long haul, I don't see anything markedly different and what is markedly different is just so bad... Still, here's hoping that the board of directors at some point will stop buying into Mikie's, uh, dance... other than, like an old cartoon, to fire their side arms at his feet and tell him to dance on out the door... and take his entire management team with him...

Glad to see Evine's numbers looked promising. As noted, it's certainly not television shopping nirvana, but it IS another option and as this one becomes less and less watchable, well, it's nice to have an option... Something Mikie apparently has yet to learn... as he keeps right on offering us the same 'options' week after week after week...

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Hey Stevie.....Well that trip to Central Virginia to enjoy the spring sites sounds delightful...so I hope spring really springs for you soon......

As for Evine...and remember those financial numbers were before they took the channel into the real transition and started to make changes too. It will be interesting to see how they progress. Meanwhile back at the ranch, Mr. Mike can't hide behind Liberty Interactive's other companies because QVCA is now a separate stock company....so happy tap dancing Mikie.....and the last QVC numbers we saw included the Christmas season and so they really weren't all that hot at all...and I've never seen as many posts as I have recently complaining about the programming and merchandise quality....then there's the new shipping....so I think your right, the next quarter will not be pretty at all.....and spring must not be going too well, because some of the hosts are already pushing summer, even though the snow hasn't melted in some parts of the country.....{#emotions_dlg.glare} And as for competition....Mr. Mike is living in a dream world because he thinks the Q is bigger and better than Amazon....{#emotions_dlg.lol}. And QVC may ooohhh and aaaahhh over their online purchases, but all that means is there are a fewer people watching their lousy programming and instead are shopping on the computer ...which is not good for all the money and expenses they are putting into TV with little results....and as QVC gets rid of more and more brands and goes with an even limited number of vendors those purchases will slow down too....JMHO.

Trusted Contributor

Diff'rent strokes, right? I was excited about the Wen TSV....couldn't wait to order the new fragrance! And, although I didn't need a Vitamix because I already own one, I always love all the new recipe ideas I get from the presentations. I absolutely LOVE all the kitchen shows. On the other hand, I always skip the computer presentations.

Trusted Contributor

from someone in the know......

I came out of my sugar coma and thought I'd wander over to the the forums to see what's the haps. Always interesting before, during and after a TSV WEN-a-Thon. This might be the best response to why QVC gives WEN so much time. Clearly there response is from a very savvy business person:
Statement: Ridiculous. It's become the Wen network. How many hours of shampoo can people watch. I think their programming needs a real shake up. Every show is the same
Response:
They don't schedule their programming around people watching QVC for entertainment.

Statistically, the type of people, who watch shopping channels all day long, for hours at the time, are NOT necessarily Network's best bet selling product to.

Who buys the most from a product line? Yes, that's right - people who like this line and use it's product! People who have money to spend on their favorite product as well.

These are usually busy, working people, or people running their business, often with large families to buy a product for also. In order to target these types of Buyers QVC plans their programming schedule.

Normally, buyers able to afford purchasing plenty of favorite pricy product, are NOT the folk watching QVC for hours. They tune in to watch a program of their interest, and tune out of channel when it's over.

Such important Vendors like Chaz Dean have a capacity of bringing a lot of money during his TSV, his product is very good, like it or not. Here is your reason why a lot of time is given for Wen shows this Weekend.

Network wants to get REAL BUYERS of product, and catch them in between their busy everyday schedules. Additionally, network is trying catch attention of newcomers, new watchers and new potential buyers, thus running repetitive shows on the weekend, when most folk are off work and able to catch a show or two.

If QVC was not a Home Shopping Channel and would schedule programming entertaining folks, they could run soap operas, or something. Though it's hard for me to miss, there is plenty of drama already happening around Wen, right here on Q's boards!

live....laugh....love