Honored Contributor

Re: HAIR CARE, GEISHAS, A COMPUTER, COOKING AND MORE THAN A BLENDER

On 3/21/2015 stevieb said:

As much as I hate to tear myself away from all the, uh, fun... the Once Mighty Q has in store for us today and, well, throughout this glorious... weekend, the sun has put in an appearance (however tentative or short-lived it might prove to be) and I have a five percent off coupon from Target good for my entire purchase. When combined with the 5% off you get by using your Target card that's a meaningful savings (you know, more than a dollar off 'sale'...), so, well, I'm heading up to Target to do some shopping... No point in trying to do any here. And you know, there'll be no shipping charges and if anything should need to be returned, well, that won't cost me anything either... No hair flipping on my agenda today.

Hey Stevie....oh I'm sooooooooo disappointed to hear that you are not glued to your television counting how many times hair is being flipped to the left and right...why it's just "enthralling" TV......

Glad the sun put an appearance in your neck of the woods, yesterday they showed "spring" in our Nation's Capitol with a nice bit of snow falling.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Enjoy your shopping trip to Target and some REAL SAVINGS!!!(unlike the Q's $1 savings)... Hey that's a good suggestion for a new name for QVC---THE DOLLAR OFF STORE!!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

We got some nice rain, but no where near the "frog strangler" that they predicted and certainly not warranting having people standing by to update you throughout the night and day with updates....honestly are they going to give us an hourly rain drop count!......ITS CALLED RAIN FOLKS NOTHING MORE!!!! {#emotions_dlg.glare} They are going to cry wolf too often, and then a real weather emergency arises....NO ONE WILL BELIEVE THEM!!! {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

I had seen a couple of tops at Macy's but didn't purchase them and had some regrets about not getting them, but since they are having a sale, plus some nice coupon codes, I went online and ordered them{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}.....and the ORIGINAL PRICE before their SALE PRICE was much much much LOWER than what QVC's "featured price" is for something similar, and now with the sales price....YIPPEE.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}...and no "try on fee" if I want to return them either!!! {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} Your right STEVIE, some retailers have real sales, and real savings....IMAGINE!

I wish you a successful shopping trip...happy retailing.!!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I am going to do some reading....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I won't be able to watch QVC because we got rid of Dish and am going to local stations only It was getting to cost too much. I didn't watch QVC when we had the channel, anyway. Besides, the shows I watch are shown locally, and some others I can always see on the internet.

They say Vitamix is more than a blender; can it magically make money appear? It needs to have special powers to offset the high price.

WEN must have a big enough following for them to show all hours of Chaz. Just don't call it a shampoo!

Sorry to hear about your sister's cat.I hope that she can find the right food for Padme. Let us know how things work out.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Well, I spent several hours just leisurely shopping Target, picked up some prescriptions along with a few grocery items, stocked up on some things, purchased a few home and cosmetic items, then took myself to lunch at a little place nearby... Was tired by the time I came home, so had a nice hot cup of coffee and curled up with a very engaging book I began a few days ago... All far more pleasant than doing the Q's hair flip boogie... Lovely here today. Sunny and warm, but not at all hot, a slight breeze and, blessedly (and not to last long...) no humidity... As for that snow you saw yesterday, Spurt, it was fleeting and didn't accumulate, though it was rainy, dreary and nasty most of the day...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

You know, Spurt, the Q's financials this year will be very interesting to follow... If things go as they seem to be going, maybe there'll be some truly meaningful changes afoot for next year...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 3/21/2015 SPURT said:
On 3/20/2015 maryebrown said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Hey SPURT, How've you been ? Spring is supposed to be right around the corner, and we are spending more time with our feral Miss Kitty, out on the back porch, and watching her antics with her Boyfriends (there's 3 of them who try to come up and eat her food). She cutesy dances, then cuffs them, so they scurry away (and wait until she's napping). Then I spy them doing their Cat's version of the Commando Crawl across the backyard, and hiding under the cars, so they don't get caught...This goes on for hours -- and it's much more entertaining than watching the *Dull Weekends of Redundant Q Programming*. Wink

I enjoy your pics and captions, especially the animals...sooo funny! And the Hosts pics are priceless ! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Anybody who fails to understand "the humor" of your weekly thread, well, I think they have comprehension problems (and are reading too deeply into your 'intentions') OR they are enamored by the Q (and feel the need to 'defend' the Q's programming choices, no matter how ludicrous it is or how pricy the big ticket items will be, sometimes for 48 hours). {#emotions_dlg.blink} The cheerleaders can always post in "the Q we Love" section (which I don't read), and I like the way you and other posters here handle the rude posters who just come here and try to stir the pot (and get the thread deleted). {#emotions_dlg.glare} They are the ones who usually end up getting the boot (by web bie I presume).

Hi MARYEBROWN---nice to see ya and how have you been!!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I am glad to hear you are spending more time on your back porch with Miss Kitty now that the weather is more spring like for you. I agree cat antics are very entertaining, and especially more than what QVC is offering these days.....My cats love to chase one another....and sometimes the older one, Figgy, will actually sit on Puddin's (the younger cat) toys, so she can't get them.......and it's funny to watch them throw their cat nip mice up in the air, or carry them around the house....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Please keep me posted how Miss Kitty is doing....

I appreciate all your support and kind words regarding my posts....and am glad you enjoy them. I think the responses have been very positive with few naysayers.....probably because of the pet photos...they just make us all smile .{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink

I am puzzled by the "hobby" that some engage in, and view as some kinda "noble cause",------ their purpose in life is TO DEFEND QVC AND THEIR HOSTS/VENDORS ... I think these folks are more upset and concerned about what is being written than what QVC or the hosts/vendors actually are...I've seen some mean comments on the host's Facebook pages, and I think the hosts just ignore them and move on, they understand it comes with the territory and being on television.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Have a GREAT weekend MARY, enjoy Miss Kitty and her friends...and take care! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

YES, I will keep you updated about Miss Kitty - and, her numerous "BF" cats -- it's too funny, since she's not in heat... it's all about The Food (that we give her) and just how far they will go, to try to dominate her. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I hope you have a nice weekend, too ! I stay away from FB -- what a MESS the Q has created for the Hosts ! -- they are sitting ducks ! The stalkers/creepy people slither out, yet the Q's insistence of The Hosts using of Social Media, and forcing them to "put it all out there", is ridiculous... All I can say is, YIKES! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

I think the guys and gals in Q programming outdid them selves this week-end. I haven't even bother to check in because I was assured by the schedule that it was uniformly and deadly boring.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Your posts are way more exciting than QVC's programming schedule. I really look forward to your posts of the upcoming weekend programming!

Enjoy doing something fun this weekend!

Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 Kachina624 said: I think the guys and gals in Q programming outdid them selves this week-end. I haven't even bother to check in because I was assured by the schedule that it was uniformly and deadly boring.

Hi KACHINA--Just when you think Q's programming couldn't get any worse.....it does.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 wendy1960 said:

Your posts are way more exciting than QVC's programming schedule. I really look forward to your posts of the upcoming weekend programming!

Enjoy doing something fun this weekend!

Hi WENDY......thanks for your nice comments....

I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend and find some fun activity to do too.....take care

Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 maryebrown said:

YES, I will keep you updated about Miss Kitty - and, her numerous "BF" cats -- it's too funny, since she's not in heat... it's all about The Food (that we give her) and just how far they will go, to try to dominate her. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I hope you have a nice weekend, too ! I stay away from FB -- what a MESS the Q has created for the Hosts ! -- they are sitting ducks ! The stalkers/creepy people slither out, yet the Q's insistence of The Hosts using of Social Media, and forcing them to "put it all out there", is ridiculous... All I can say is, YIKES! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Hi MARY ......Yep, QVC is partly to blame for the criticisms of the hosts because they CONSTANTLY remind the viewers to like them on Facebook.......and QVC emphasizes the use of social media and chatting on their FB pages and "the hosts are your friends" too nd that draws in all kinds of comments......Whats the saying, be careful what you asked for....

I do have a suggestion about Miss Kitty....you mentioned she's not in heat...I know she's feral and just gaining your trust, but if you can somehow try to catch her please try to get her spayed ....The BF's may be interested in the food right now, and cashing in on Miss Kitty's territory.....but with time, it will soon turn to "romance".{#emotions_dlg.blushing}......she will be much happier, and you won't wind up with a huge feral cat colony, cuz well...they do multiply quickly (I've seen what has happened in my neighborhood).....it's just a suggestion. But I know I will enjoy hearing about her antics....Image result for cat emoticons