Super Contributor

Re: HAIR CARE, GEISHAS, A COMPUTER, COOKING AND MORE THAN A BLENDER

On 3/19/2015 SPURT said:
On 3/19/2015 NC Bandwagon said:

I'm LOL-ing at the kitty sitting in the bowl. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

By the way, SPURT, and this isn't to be rude or snarky to you at all because I think your posts are very funny and light-hearted, but.....how is it that you're able to get away with making playful jabs every week at the QVC programming, vendors, products and hosts, but no one comes in and accuses you of "verbally bashing and stirring the pot" about their favorite product/vendor/host?

Again, not trying to be rude or snarky to you, just wondering how you're able to do it, but others can disagree about something as sweetly as possible and they get a verbal tongue lashing?

Hi NC BANDWAGON....I understand where you're coming from and your not being rude nor snarky, you're just asking a good question.

Well first of all my post is in compliance with QVC's Forum Standards including the photos, and I post in the correct section of the Forum---You see QVC included the Q DID WHAT? section, and the purpose is---" to gripe, complaint, whatever about QVC" (QVC's very words) . Also my post are not meant to be mean nor nasty, it is more of a humorous satire.

Now there have been a few "critics"....one comment was posted in the Suggestion Box that we were a cliche, and our responses to each other were too long....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} But there is nothing in the standards regarding length of posts, and we are not a cliche anyone is welcome to post and add their comments. ....And I was very humbled by the support I received from others.....and the "critic" just went away. One that was particularly nasty and hateful, I wrote to QVC about and never saw that person again (from what I was told by a few others, that party was a trouble maker and may have been banned for other discretions)..So it's not like there have not been criticisms, there have been others....but there are a few regulars that are kind enough to say they enjoy what I write and show their support..Maybe folks like the cat and dog photos...Or maybe it's quite simple--maybe it's because not many people come to Q DID WHAT and prefer other sections of the forum...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Hey SPURT, How've you been ? Spring is supposed to be right around the corner, and we are spending more time with our feral Miss Kitty, out on the back porch, and watching her antics with her Boyfriends (there's 3 of them who try to come up and eat her food). She cutesy dances, then cuffs them, so they scurry away (and wait until she's napping). Then I spy them doing their Cat's version of the Commando Crawl across the backyard, and hiding under the cars, so they don't get caught...This goes on for hours -- and it's much more entertaining than watching the *Dull Weekends of Redundant Q Programming*. Wink

I enjoy your pics and captions, especially the animals...sooo funny! And the Hosts pics are priceless ! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Anybody who fails to understand "the humor" of your weekly thread, well, I think they have comprehension problems (and are reading too deeply into your 'intentions') OR they are enamored by the Q (and feel the need to 'defend' the Q's programming choices, no matter how ludicrous it is or how pricy the big ticket items will be, sometimes for 48 hours). {#emotions_dlg.blink} The cheerleaders can always post in "the Q we Love" section (which I don't read), and I like the way you and other posters here handle the rude posters who just come here and try to stir the pot (and get the thread deleted). {#emotions_dlg.glare} They are the ones who usually end up getting the boot (by web bie I presume).

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/20/2015 lynnsy said:

@KittyMomNC... I looked at the insider for April, looks the schedule for Liz Clayborn shows will be back to normal again.

And the spa kitty is so cute! Would luv to be doing that myself. Well I guess I could thank QVC for getting me active. Can't watch the line up this weekend for sure, out to the yard for getting ready for "garden time" (vegetables not flowers).

Wonder what it would take to become one of those "nelson rating" families.. give me a box and let QVC see how many times I click on and then how quickly click off their stations these days.

Lynnsy, thanks for the update! I really don't need any clothes, but I do enjoy relaxing with a cup of coffee and watching Mary Beth and Linda and seeing the fashions. Who knows, I just might decide I really, really NEED something... as we all know how easy it is to rationalize if we want to! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

Observational and satirical humor have been used for decades by some of our greatest comics, so Spurt is in good company. I enjoy these posts immensely and they definitely are not mean spirited or cruel.

I guess I have great tolerance for much of Q's programming and often have it on in the background as I do various things. However, I absolutely can not understand the over abundance of WEN airings, particularly since he is on all the independent TV stations here nonstop with his A-list Hollywood celebrity-infused informercials (said tongue in cheek), sometimes on two statons at the same time!

Stevie's comment about the girls needing chiropratic help is so funny, considering all that flipping, tossing, bobbing and weaving.

Saving my money for the subway increase effective tomorrow, $2.50 up to $2.75.

Honored Contributor

On 3/19/2015 kittymomNC said:

Hey Spurt, another great post, as usual! I do look forward to these, and I think anyone would have to have a pretty darned bad disposition or just be a mean person to criticize you for doing them!

Love the pic with the kitty and the cucumbers, but most especially the one with the blanket on the counter sound asleep! My Baby Cat (my precious 17-year old tuxedo who has survived kidney disease for 4 years now {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}) decided a while back that she wanted to sleep on my kitchen bar. After a week or so of this, I finally decided that she may have taken up permanent residence there, so I put blankets on it and made her a bed! It's been a bed now for almost a year. Sometimes she "allows" my orange & white Missie to share it with her, but sometimes Missie gets up there first and wiggles in wait to ambush Baby Cat! Baby Cat has a step stool and a bar stool to help her get up to her "bed". She doesn't always sleep on it, but it's there for both of them if they want it. As you can probably tell, my cats rule my home! {#emotions_dlg.wub}{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Now as far as Saturday - other than AM Style, OMG -- 10 hours of Chaz Dean?!!!? Smiley face swearing animated emoticon That's about all I can say!

I'll be having a great weekend NOT watching QVC --hope everyone else does the same! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Ooops! Just remembered something... I'm beginning to think that they're phasing out Liz Claiborne, and if they are, that's a crying shame. It's one of the few things I used to enjoy watching on Wednesday mornings, but it hasn't been on for almost three weeks, and again not this coming Wednesday. I only have a few pieces of LCNY, but enjoy what I have. One more reason that my QVC days are pretty much over. I hardly turn it on any more. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Hey KITTYMOM.....That was a sweet story about Baby Cat and her bed....LOL... Cats do pick some of the strangest places to take a nap don't they? {#emotions_dlg.laugh} And that was funny how Missie got on the bed just so she could ambush Baby Cat...{#emotions_dlg.laugh} My Figgy loves to ambush and pounce on Puddin.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

My DS's cat, Padme, was diagonsed with kidney disease, she is 15 and will be 16 in June....the vet gave her some special food, but the problem is her cat is soooooo picky about what she eats.....she is supposed to take her cat back to the vet in April, to see how she is doing and perhaps start her on some medicine. Since your cat has lived with the disease for 4 years now, what type of regimen is Baby Cat on?

Yep, I think QVC continues to phase out certain brands.....since QVC is all into the spring and summer scene where has Ryka been?.....It's nothing but Sketchers now and they do not have enough support for serious walkers or those that exercise...and the few Rykas they have left for walking/running are in the $75-$80 range....well this is just another thing I will NOT be buying from QVC .... I will just go to Academy or DSW and purchase them there....no shipping or "try on fee" either!!!

Oh but they are adding yet another BEAUTY BRAND....like they don't have enough already! {#emotions_dlg.angry}....go figure!!!! How much makeup/cosmetics/beauty items can one person use anyway!

I have purchased a couple of pieces of Liz NY and have been happy with them....and hope their shows come back on for you.....But honestly, clothing has really gone down hill at QVC---with the inconsistent sizing, the no measurement issue (both on screen or online), the boxy look, the chemical smell on some of the clothes, and polyester fabrics (Although I don't mind 5% poly paired with cotton to help the clothes keep their shape) and some of the styles are downright unflattering....So I've given up that line of products too with QVC!!! Oh I'll watch AM Style and then go shop locally.....

Yep KITTYMOM---between their limited vendors, and lousy programming, and even though they may expand a show---it seems they have the SAME items, and just lengthened the presentations---so I seldom watch or buy anymore....very sad!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:

Love it, Spurt! No "all of the craziness, none of the joy" for me either!

Hey CALMIN.....sad but true....its supposed to be a rainy weekend here...good for staying home and watching TV, but definitely NOT the Q....{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 Johnnyeager said:

Observational and satirical humor have been used for decades by some of our greatest comics, so Spurt is in good company. I enjoy these posts immensely and they definitely are not mean spirited or cruel.

I guess I have great tolerance for much of Q's programming and often have it on in the background as I do various things. However, I absolutely can not understand the over abundance of WEN airings, particularly since he is on all the independent TV stations here nonstop with his A-list Hollywood celebrity-infused informercials (said tongue in cheek), sometimes on two statons at the same time!

Stevie's comment about the girls needing chiropratic help is so funny, considering all that flipping, tossing, bobbing and weaving.

Saving my money for the subway increase effective tomorrow, $2.50 up to $2.75.

Hey JOHNNYEAGER....I thank you, you are too kind, and thank you for your continued support....{#emotions_dlg.blushing} And your right, my posts are not meant to be nasty or cruel, just a bit of humor to satire a shopping channel gone bad...(gee that sounds like it should be a reality show on TLC....{#emotions_dlg.laugh})

As for WEN....I guess to the fans and followers, all those infomercials just doesn't provide enough programming to satisfy them.... And of course, the before photos are going to look different without the pro-styling ...I mean come on...it looks they did not use a conditioner and just blow dried the hair on the highest setting to make it look dried and frizzy...(I normally don't watch Wen at all, but it couldn't avoid it since it was on AM Style and the TSV).{#emotions_dlg.glare} And yes a chiropractor should be standing by with all that tossing and flipping....

I see more and more comments of how unhappy customers have become with QVC....but our wallets and credit cards are much happier....and what we saved can be used for other expenses that keep going up---like your subway fare, groceries, cable, taxes etc etc....

Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 lynnsy said:

@KittyMomNC... I looked at the insider for April, looks the schedule for Liz Clayborn shows will be back to normal again.

And the spa kitty is so cute! Would luv to be doing that myself. Well I guess I could thank QVC for getting me active. Can't watch the line up this weekend for sure, out to the yard for getting ready for "garden time" (vegetables not flowers).

Wonder what it would take to become one of those "nelson rating" families.. give me a box and let QVC see how many times I click on and then how quickly click off their stations these days.

Hi LYNNSY.....I'm glad you liked the spa kitty.

Perhaps your right, maybe QVC is part of some national fitness plan to get us up off the couch and get moving.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} And I am sure your gardening will be a lot more fun then hair care or blender demos......and think of the delicious vegetables you will be able to enjoy (home grown taste so much better than what you get in the grocery store)....

I have always wondered about the nelson ratings and how QVC fares against the network and cable programs.....and if QVC continues with their current trend of uninviting programming I bet that channel that shows nothing but the local radar would get higher ratings than QVC.......{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Happy gardening and a happy weekend too! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 Yammy25 said:

This is the funniest thing I have read in ages ! And sooooooo very true ! Loved it !!!

Hi YAMMY---thanks and glad you enjoyed it....

Honored Contributor

As much as I hate to tear myself away from all the, uh, fun... the Once Mighty Q has in store for us today and, well, throughout this glorious... weekend, the sun has put in an appearance (however tentative or short-lived it might prove to be) and I have a five percent off coupon from Target good for my entire purchase. When combined with the 5% off you get by using your Target card that's a meaningful savings (you know, more than a dollar off 'sale'...), so, well, I'm heading up to Target to do some shopping... No point in trying to do any here. And you know, there'll be no shipping charges and if anything should need to be returned, well, that won't cost me anything either... No hair flipping on my agenda today.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 maryebrown said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Hey SPURT, How've you been ? Spring is supposed to be right around the corner, and we are spending more time with our feral Miss Kitty, out on the back porch, and watching her antics with her Boyfriends (there's 3 of them who try to come up and eat her food). She cutesy dances, then cuffs them, so they scurry away (and wait until she's napping). Then I spy them doing their Cat's version of the Commando Crawl across the backyard, and hiding under the cars, so they don't get caught...This goes on for hours -- and it's much more entertaining than watching the *Dull Weekends of Redundant Q Programming*. Wink

I enjoy your pics and captions, especially the animals...sooo funny! And the Hosts pics are priceless ! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Anybody who fails to understand "the humor" of your weekly thread, well, I think they have comprehension problems (and are reading too deeply into your 'intentions') OR they are enamored by the Q (and feel the need to 'defend' the Q's programming choices, no matter how ludicrous it is or how pricy the big ticket items will be, sometimes for 48 hours). {#emotions_dlg.blink} The cheerleaders can always post in "the Q we Love" section (which I don't read), and I like the way you and other posters here handle the rude posters who just come here and try to stir the pot (and get the thread deleted). {#emotions_dlg.glare} They are the ones who usually end up getting the boot (by web bie I presume).

Hi MARYEBROWN---nice to see ya and how have you been!!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I am glad to hear you are spending more time on your back porch with Miss Kitty now that the weather is more spring like for you. I agree cat antics are very entertaining, and especially more than what QVC is offering these days.....My cats love to chase one another....and sometimes the older one, Figgy, will actually sit on Puddin's (the younger cat) toys, so she can't get them.......and it's funny to watch them throw their cat nip mice up in the air, or carry them around the house....{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Please keep me posted how Miss Kitty is doing....

I appreciate all your support and kind words regarding my posts....and am glad you enjoy them. I think the responses have been very positive with few naysayers.....probably because of the pet photos...they just make us all smile .{#emotions_dlg.laugh}Wink

I am puzzled by the "hobby" that some engage in, and view as some kinda "noble cause",------ their purpose in life is TO DEFEND QVC AND THEIR HOSTS/VENDORS ... I think these folks are more upset and concerned about what is being written than what QVC or the hosts/vendors actually are...I've seen some mean comments on the host's Facebook pages, and I think the hosts just ignore them and move on, they understand it comes with the territory and being on television.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Have a GREAT weekend MARY, enjoy Miss Kitty and her friends...and take care! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}