Respected Contributor

Re: Guess Alberti reads the forums

@loriqvc wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

Misophonia is not associated with the sounds of eating for all people; I actually have this condition, but only a tiny percentage of my specific triggers involve food/eating.

It also involves visual images for some.

@RoughDraft - This is not an appropriate place to go into great detail (and it's unlikely that most readers would be very interested anyway), but misophonia is literally "hatred of sound," and the cases where people also have visual triggers for their sound issues are uncommon and somewhat extreme. For the vast majority, it is a specific sound or sequence of sounds that causes a reaction, and seeing the person or object making the sound(s) does not intensify the trigger.

@loriqvc If you say this is not an appropriate place to go into detail, then I will respect your request and go no further.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I'd rather see men eating with gusto than the overly proper, dainty, unnatural way a few of the female hosts sample the food.  I bet they don't eat that way at home.

Hosts wouldn't be sampling the food if QVC didn't approve.  It's a sales tactic.

In fact, people who watch others eat are more likely to start feeling hungry.  They may even begin to salivate.  They are more likely to buy.  The reason why hosts taste the food.  

So, an appetizing appearance, it smells good, the host tastes the food, says it's delicious, result in more purchases.  

@Foxxee 

For me it's not the tasting they do. It's the overly dramatic face making and eyeball rolling and sounds of mmmmm's and ahhhh's.

And the vendors sqeezing & squishing the guts out of everything from a steak to a raisin.

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

If no one ate the food, customers would complain that there was no first hand account of what it tasted like, or they would speculate that the hosts weren’t eating it, because it wasn’t good. I don’t think people have a fear of the sound created by eating food, I think people just look for things to complain about. Most people I know who overcriticize eventually find themselves alone.

I agree.  I've watched the food shows and have not seen anyone over indulge in anything. Sure, they sample the items and say how delicious it is (what do you expect them to do?)  and move on.   Much ado about nothing IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Well, if it bothers you, simply don't watch.  I shut my eyes to lots of things on tv or simply divert my attention to a book or magazine or turn it off.

I like to see people enjoy their food and seem happy to eat it unless they are talking with their mouth open with a glob of food in it or something. 

What would they do otherwise?  Pick at it?  Take a bite and say nothing?  Look bored?  I don't know.  I think of people at a party, picnic or tailgate.  Be happy!

@Sooner  I agree w/you to a point.  People at a family gathering, picnic, etc are not there to sell food.  Yes, they are having a good time and should be enjoying. 

However, when you are on TV, talking to thousands of people, I think you should have good manners and not treat the food item as a meal and keep eating and eating.  One small bite should suffice. 

Cannot stand to watch Alberti and Rachel as they continue to stuff their mouths.

Valued Contributor

Just "ONCE" wouldn't you love to see a host taste something,and get a look on their face ,like it tasts terrible.Everything they taste can not be so wonderful.I do not think,they do not need to eat the food on TV,because,you know they are trained,to oogh and aggoh,over everything!

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

IMHO, the worst was Dan Wheeler.  He always acted like he'd never eaten before.  And SF was just way over the top with her eye-rolls, etc.  I no longer watch the food shows.  I just check on line to see what was offered.

Please keep in mind Dans wife was undergoing chemotherapy and did not have the strength to cook.  Dan has said he is not much of a cook himself so he proabably took advantage of the food shows to get a balanced meal.  Dan was loyal to his dear Beth.

@Reever, what a truly sad comment, and I'm not referring to the host.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@mosky wrote:

Just "ONCE" wouldn't you love to see a host taste something,and get a look on their face ,like it tasts terrible.Everything they taste can not be so wonderful.I do not think,they do not need to eat the food on TV,because,you know they are trained,to oogh and aggoh,over everything!

@mosky.  I’ve seen David look like he may hurl. But he hides it quickly.

Esteemed Contributor

@mosky wrote:

--------------

And I can say that some of the food I have ordered does taste terrible and many are delicious!!  Of course, it is all in the 'eye of the taster'...so to speak!! 

I do order foods from the Q, especially around holidays.  Many of their items are not sold around my area.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@mosky wrote:

@mosky.  I’ve seen David look like he may hurl. But he hides it quickly.

David hates seafood but has to pretend the seafood QVC sells is actually tasty to his pallette,

Respected Contributor

How are some posters so aware of the likes and dislikes of what hosts like to eat and don't?  

Sometimes I think it's best to step back and stop stalking hosts and move on to more constructive pursuits.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~