Trusted Contributor

Re: Guess Alberti reads the forums

I used to enjoy Sharon verbally discribing the food, it's texture, it's taste (sweet, sour, bitter, salty, astringent, pungant, and umami), it's smell, etc.   She had excellent verbal skills.   She asked about preparing, serving, and keeping the food and what to pair it with as well as the history of the recipe or the vendor..   She was informative.   And when Sharon was paired with another host they sometimes tried each other's presentation food but NOT EVERY item!   That is too much and a real turn off.  

There are some hosts who have a very limited vocabulary.   You can't descibe every food item as beautiful or gorgeous! 

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

caught the beginning of Gourmet Holiday and Antonella was saying to Alberti that she needed to eat with her mouth shut and something like not eating everything in site ! Alberti chimed in that yes the forums do talk about there eating on the food shows.  

@Kitty Galore 

It might not be that Alberti himself reads the Forums....Some hosts mention occassionaly when they mess up on air that they will be getting an email...So it could be he got an email from his QVC boss that said something like....
people on the Forums are mentioning....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

I used to enjoy Sharon verbally discribing the food, it's texture, it's taste (sweet, sour, bitter, salty, astringent, pungant, and umami), it's smell, etc.   She had excellent verbal skills.   She asked about preparing, serving, and keeping the food and what to pair it with as well as the history of the recipe or the vendor..   She was informative.   And when Sharon was paired with another host they sometimes tried each other's presentation food but NOT EVERY item!   That is too much and a real turn off.  

There are some hosts who have a very limited vocabulary.   You can't descibe every food item as beautiful or gorgeous! 

@NYwoman   That's exactly what I mean .  I agree about Sharon I felt I  knew exactly what I was getting and ordered food items more often when she was the host because of her descriptions.  I feel sampling is all that's needed to relay the flavor, texture etc.  to keep eating throughout the whole presentation is unnecessary .    And yes,   The other host doesn't have to pop in on every item it is distracting IMO.  

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore I stopped watching a long time ago when a particular host decided to eat like it was the best he had EVER had.  That was the end of food shows and him for sure!!!

Honored Contributor

the food shows are not what i watch anyway---not a fan of watching people cram stuff into their mouths and then try to talk or give the big"O" face like Sharon F used to do----don't care who hosts it!! 

Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me one bit, I know they have to show their enthusiasm to get us interested enough to buy it!

What better way than eating with gusto and saying yum and oh this is the best cake I have ever tasted, blah, blah, blah.....I enjoy watching the food shows, but only after I have eaten, otherwise it makes me too hungry...... Some of them may go overboard, but that doesn't bother me, and when they show something I am not in the least bit interested in, I change the channel. I rarely watch more than a few minutes anyway....

Honored Contributor

What I've always wondered is this:

I seriously doubt they want a host going "OMG *hork* this is AWFUL *hork" and going off camera to spit it out. Do the hosts PICK the foods they KNOW they will like for their show? If not, how do they know they'll like? Or, if they DON'T try it, is that a signal that it's awful?

Hmmm....

Honored Contributor

I could care less how much the hosts stuff themselves on the food shows.It's interesting  that the hosts indeed are aware of what is said about them on the forums and that Alberti owned up to it.

Respected Contributor

Seems like the only hosts who enjoy country decor is Carolyn Gracie and Dan Hughes. The rest of them are have modernism and minamilism tendencies.  

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Seems like the only hosts who enjoy country decor is Carolyn Gracie and Dan Hughes. The rest of them are have modernism and minamilism tendencies.  

@Reever  They don’t have a choice of what to sell.