Respected Contributor

Re: Guaranteed Delivery??? Really???

@Spurt   I'm in agreement with you.  I did my shopping early, as I always do, even in "normal" years which is one of the reasons I like Christmas in July here.

I got my last QVC delivery Wednesday and it was within the estimated delivery date time frame.

I have one package outstanding from Macy's which is supposed to come by Monday.  If it is later than that, still not a big deal.

Except for gifts to children who still believe  I think adults can understand delays of presents--the thought, care, expenditure of effort are still there.

If I order anything else from Q to take advantage of the new free shipping through December 13th I won't be expecting delivery by the 24th.  Great if it happens, but not upset if it doesn't.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Esteemed Contributor

Back a few years ago when UPS actually delivered the items, you could order a couple of days before and get it before Christmas. Now its a joke. I have package from an Etsy vendor that is stuck "in transit" and the tracking has not updated for days. Its sitting in a warehouse somwhere in a bin....waiting. In my opinion, USPS dropped the ball this year with handling the mail. Pandemic yes, but come on now - if Fed Ex can do it, so can they. Its just another excuse. 

Esteemed Contributor

@emmygrace wrote:

@nyc1 wrote:

That would concern me too.  I shipped a package last week that the Post Office said would deliver this past Monday ....   it's STILL IN TRANSIT!  No scans since the 8th. 

Nope ...  would not bank on that short of a window unless they are shipping everything Fedex.

Mine hasn't updated for several days...also, its jewelry and probably in a small box!

I think we're twins. The same thing happened to me....no update on tracking, and its sitting in a warehouse bin somehwere in nowhere land. 

Trusted Contributor

I want to know what the guarantee is.  IF you do not get it in time is it FREE?

The Guarantee means NOTHING, is my pet peeve, and I truly wish that QVC would stop (what I think is) lying!

Super Contributor

This is so frustrating. The last five packages I've ordered either took weeks to get here or arrived damaged. My last two packages from Cheryl's were supposed to have been delivered this week. But of course, QVC continues to use this useless UPS mail innovations and now I got an error code that both orders were "incorrectly sorted." God knows where they will end up. As much as i hate to do it I will have to venture to the store. I simply can't depend on the horrid mail innovations.

Honored Contributor

I've heard a few hosts say they guarantee Christmas delivery.  I think to myself, "boy, you guys never learn".  Furthermore, its meaningless unless there's something in it for the customer if the guarantee isn't met.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I pleaced an order in the Christmas in July. The order has not even begun to be processed and I am being told by CS that they can not control things and there is not a guarentee that the item will be received by my recipient by Christmas.

Trusted Contributor

I think it is completely irresponsible, even unfeeling, of QVC to say this when warehouse and delivery personnel numbers are probably reduced due to the virus.  Other retailers acknowledge the slowdowns due to COVID on their websites, as well as in their order confirmation emails.  This is compounded by the greater numbers of people ordering online this year.  

Trusted Contributor

Just to clarify - FedEx just lost a package from King Art...

Just to clarify - FedEx just lost a package from King Arthur and it was stuck in Reno for over a week. Then when they did deliver it, it was damaged and missing the main thing I ordered. Found out that it was shipped via Fed Ex's version of USPS Smart Post.

King Arthur resent it using regular FedEx and it was fast and perfect. Just be aware that FedEx also has the "cheap" version.

Honored Contributor

In the past if you didn't receive your item in time when they had guaranteed delivery, they refunded your s/h.  That was it.  Of course you aren't going to get the entire item for free.

No one can gurantee delivery, not even in the best of times.  Once a package leaves the shipper's hands, what happens is out of their control.  Shipping is a mess regardless of the service.  FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL......all having issues.  

Our local news just did a story about how backed up USPS is and our representatives are looking into getting things fixed.  This has been going on for months now so I have no idea why anyone would wait this long and expect delivery in time for Christmas.