Contributor

Re: Guaranteed Delivery??? Really???

Given what's going on with shipping in general, I don;t believe for a minute they can guarantee delivery.  I am still waiting for delivery of an order I placed in late November.  It's stalled somewhere and tracking isn't being updated by USPS.  I'm also waiting for orders placed from other retailers.  Same deal... USPS not updating tracking for any of the items I'm waiting for.  I sent something back to QVC on Nov 5th, and it's still not in their posession.  So if your package doesn't arrive before Christmas all they are going to say is that it was shipped out on time on their end but what happens in between isn't their fault.  And truthfully, it won't be their fault.  USPS is in a terrible way at this point in time, as are many other delivery services. I've pretty much written off what I've ordered  and really don't expect that I'll ever receive the items I'm waiting for.

Respected Contributor

This is a little off topic but the strangest thing happened to me.  I'd ordered an ornament  from Amazon to be sent to my niece in Charlotte. I was notified as to when the expected delivery would be...it was yesterday...then I got a message saying it was running late...then I got a message saying the package had been delivered to her and also Amazon sent me a photo of the box sitting on the bench on her front porch , delivery being at 6:09 p.m.  My niece found the box shortly after, opened it - and it 'was not' the ornament that I'd purchased for her - but instead a jersey she'd bought for her son from Amazon !!  So far, the ornament is no where to be found.  Not re-ordering either !

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I may order something from free shipping before tomorrow, but my gifts needed are done.  They usually don’t go through mail innovations in this last push for delivery.  I’ve been lucky, haven’t bought much this year.  Most items still arrived under 7 days.  My last item took 8 days.

I bought two Q items as a gift this year, an anywear neck flashlight.  The recipient loves it. Part of a bday gift, not Christmas.  Also the rocker chairs, Bill to ship to, and they loved them.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

In the past if you didn't receive your item in time when they had guaranteed delivery, they refunded your s/h.  That was it.  Of course you aren't going to get the entire item for free.

No one can gurantee delivery, not even in the best of times.  Once a package leaves the shipper's hands, what happens is out of their control.  Shipping is a mess regardless of the service.  FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL......all having issues.  

Our local news just did a story about how backed up USPS is and our representatives are looking into getting things fixed.  This has been going on for months now so I have no idea why anyone would wait this long and expect delivery in time for Christmas.    

@Lipstickdiva 

All the more reason for QVC to NOT "guarantee delivery"....and if people complain it didnt arrive, QVC will probably just say it was beyond our control.....To me this is just another sales gimmick....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

This is a little off topic but the strangest thing happened to me.  I'd ordered an ornament  from Amazon to be sent to my niece in Charlotte. I was notified as to when the expected delivery would be...it was yesterday...then I got a message saying it was running late...then I got a message saying the package had been delivered to her and also Amazon sent me a photo of the box sitting on the bench on her front porch , delivery being at 6:09 p.m.  My niece found the box shortly after, opened it - and it 'was not' the ornament that I'd purchased for her - but instead a jersey she'd bought for her son from Amazon !!  So far, the ornament is no where to be found.  Not re-ordering either !

@sarahpanda 

That sounds like what happened to a Christmas book order that was ordered in mid October....it just disappeared....--neither UPS nor Mail Innovations could explain its disappearance...perhaps aliens intervened and took it....Thankfully Barnes & Noble replaced it with a one day delivery.....and like I said this was back in October!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Well....don't know what delivery/shipping "elves" Target is using because I ordered on Wednesday at store (the CS was so helpful🙂).  I shopped all I wanted for kids and more -- the CS rep helped me do the App and order it.

Target packages were delivered to all today🙂🙂

And WM was even faster -- ordered yesterday afternoon.  My son called me today he had WM box on porch this afternoon.  I'm thinking WM is doing what Apple does -- if item is avail locally comes directly from store.  That makes sense.

As for me, I learned loooooooongggg before COVID -- Qvc shipping became worse when they started using vendor ship and 3rd class shipping.

I wouldn't believe for a minute order today get by 12/24 unless coming from a Q warehouse.

Trusted Contributor

Pie in the sky.  Hosts will say anything to make a sale even if it means stretching the truth.  We all remember the delivery delays in past years and the many disappointed customers.   

Trusted Contributor

They do say this every year and for the most part, it is true.  However, I have some serious doubts about that this year.  With everything going on in the world and the fact that QVC is having MAJOR shipping issues to begin with, it seems doubtful that anything will arrive on time.

That being said, I did order four Berkshire Throws as gifts for family.  Since the price was right with free shipping, I couldn't resist.  They are guaranteed to be here before Christmas, but I am not holding my breath.  They will get here when they get here and I will give them then.

At this point I am not ordering anything with the expectation that it will get here before Christmas Day.

Super Contributor

Where is the qvc moderator to answer this one? If there is nothing for the customer and it arrives late I'd make sure to use it and return it by the end of January .By the time they get it back it will be February. False advertising QVC.

Trusted Contributor

Once a package leaves a shipper, ANY shipper, not just QVC, they have zero control on when it arrives. That is the responsibility of the shipping company. The USPS, UPS, and others are doing their level best to get the packages to their destinations as quickly as possible, but this year especially the sheer volume of packages is in some cases overwhelming, due to the number of online purchases as well as the usual holiday increase. Everyone has hired additional help, but it's still a daunting task to get everything where it is supposed to go before December 25. 

This is the same complaint on this forum every year. There are 2 weeks to go before Christmas and the retailers have been in Christmas mode since September. Why do people wait until the last minute, and 12/13 is the last minute, to order? I hope everyone does get their stuff, but those who don't would do well to consider making their online purchases by December 1 or pay extra for priority or next day air.