Respected Contributor

Re: Guaranteed Delivery??? Really???

I have two packages sitting at local post office since Dec 9, from last Q free ship flash event. Not blaming carrier because someone higher in USPS chain of command makes these calls as to when they deliver. I certainly would not recommend ordering anything needed for Christmas Day at this point.  If ordered this weekend, may or may not arrive. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

I want to know what the guarantee is.  IF you do not get it in time is it FREE?

The Guarantee means NOTHING, is my pet peeve, and I truly wish that QVC would stop (what I think is) lying!

---------------

I was wondering the same thing!!   Guarantee means 'assurance or promise',  but if it is not fulfilled then what? What if the package is not delivered on time???  Will the buyer get a refund? 

Honored Contributor

I just hear on TV, noon news, that today is the deadline to assure Christmas delivery.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nyc1 My SIL sent me a package on Nov. 28th, priority mail, cost $20.80 to be delivered the next day.  Well, today it came, some 13 days later.  Seems it was stuck in the distribution center in my state most all of that time but got to my local p.o. at 4:26 this morning, delivered to me at 7:30 a.m. So the local p.o. got it right!  Have to add, package was mailed from a PA post office to Delaware, some 35 miles apart, so it's not like it had to travel very far.

Frequent Contributor

If the item is coming from the Ca. warehouse, they can't guarantee anything! I recently purchased a ladder to use around the house. The company is in Ca, (I'm in NV), so I was expecting it in a few days. I got an email saying that Ca was in a 100%  lock down and nothing was being delivered to anyone. So, there you go!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2Kittys wrote:

If the item is coming from the Ca. warehouse, they can't guarantee anything! I recently purchased a ladder to use around the house. The company is in Ca, (I'm in NV), so I was expecting it in a few days. I got an email saying that Ca was in a 100%  lock down and nothing was being delivered to anyone. So, there you go!

@2Kittys I actually just got something from Fat Plants San Diego.  Maybe before the lockdown you're describing.  I ordered soil for my succulents since they were completely out at my local garden center.  They shipped it on 12/8 and it arrived today by USPS.  I wonder if it depends on the shipping level.  When I've ordered from QVC, that innovations option seems to always result in the item sitting at multiple sites for a while.  And then once it arrives at the local post office, it still seems to sit for a while.  Fat Plants might also be a small company.  Not sure about that.  

Frequent Contributor

I purchased a small item from QVC Black Friday weekend.  It took from Dec 6 to Dec 11 to get from within 30 miles of my house to my door step.  Then I realize when it comes that QVC sent it Priority Mail  2-day shipping.  Anyone who thinks the post office will get them their package before Christmas has been drinking too much spiked eggnog!  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I placed QVC orders 12/7/20.  I live in PA and QVC is also in PA.  I still have not received my orders and 6 days have now passed.  My packages are in California.   I placed an order from a different vendor YESTERDAY and received it TODAY!   Now THAT'S service.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Esteemed Contributor

I don'y know how the Hosts can say that with a staright face....

And the poor Customer Service people are cringing!

Honored Contributor

@2Kittys.  I just got an order that came from Ontario and didn't go thru an distribution centers.  Came directly to Albuquerque to be delivered in 24 hrs., a first.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment