Esteemed Contributor

So, Greg Shockley was doing a demo of Le Cruset on ITKWD today, and behind him on the wall were the giant letters JOMBY. Greg is the rep for Treager as well. I looked up "Jomby" and here's what I found:for Greg's Linkedin profile.

Chief Executive Officer jomby

May 2020 - Present 6 months

jomby is a media agency with a platform that allows you to create, explore and share recipes with the world.

I wonder two things: How is this going to be different from Allrecipes and other recipe sharing websites; and, how is it that QVC allows him to advertise on air?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Greg Shockley And Jomby?

@PA Mom-mom - I don't know any of the details, but I have noticed "JOMBY" featured in several of Greg's presentations this month. He represents quite a few brands at QVC, so I'm sure this is something they have approved. (But it is surprising to me that nothing has ever been mentioned about it.)

Honestly I just noticed it and had to Google thanks for the answer to why it says Jomby?
New Contributor

I thought 'JOMBY' was Pee Wee Herman's genie who granted him wishes 

Esteemed Contributor

@queenie13 wrote:

I thought 'JOMBY' was Pee Wee Herman's genie who granted him wishes 

@queenie13 - Same pronunciation, but that was actually "Jambi"...  Smiley Very Happy

New Contributor

Haha you are right! Thank you! Cat LOL

Occasional Visitor

It is interesting that other viewers shared this violation of QVC policy to promote outside interests on the live broadcast.  Greg clearly knows that he was positioning the letters JOMBY to create viewer inquiry for a company that he has a financial interest.  Using QVC as a promoter of his business creates an unfair and deceptive playing field for other vendors, spokespersons and companies.  He has been banned and suspended from QVC in the past for misinformation and skewing the facts.  He should be banned from all business with QVC and vendors can pursue a cause of action to prevent his promoting his own business. 

Respected Contributor

Well, I guess if it doesn't bother the PTB at QVC then it shouldn't bother us.