Valued Contributor

Employed persons on a "fixed income" have the opportunity for a salary increase, bonuses etc than anyone receiving Social Security benefits.  I think that's what they mean.  

Also, I thought that even those who were not employed were able to receive unemployment benefits due to Covid, with not only an additional $600.00 per week on top of their normal benefit, but also with an extension of the time alloted?  I also understood that even employers who did not have the insurance, we given the insurance for their employees. 

If I'm mistaken, I would love for someone to correct me because this gets SO confusing.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Worst case - you can request a refund of the purchase price.  But I suppose there's a ethical grey area.  What if the lobster tastes okay, but you don't think it's worth anywhere near the $299.99 price?

The price is prohibitive to those on fixed incomes. I have written many times Bout overpriced scallops and lobsters on the boards.  I refuse to be swindled.

You are hardly being "swindled".  The price is clear; the product you will receive is clear.  If a customer chooses to buy anything, when in possession of all the necessary information, that customer is not being swindled.  There is no "fraud or deceit" involved, so you might want to choose a more accurate term.

verb (used with object), swin·dled, swin·dling.

to cheat (a person, business, etc.) out of money or other assets.
to obtain by fraud or deceit.