Honored Contributor

Re: Green lights for veterans?

Because DH is a veteran it will be an ongoing thing for us. He is a Vietnam Era vet.

Before he could be drafted he enlisted in the Air Force. For some reason the government didn't know. The FBI went to his house and bugged his Dad and had a car outside watching the house. Finally DH's Commander had to send a letter before the FBI would believe DH's Dad.

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

A job.  Hire vets first. There is more to supporting a vet than saying thanks and putting out a green lightbulb.  Seems like a way for Walmart to wrap themselves in the flag while making a profit.

And what about military contractors/  So many do the job military used to do.  Do we say thanks to them?  

YES! If equally qualified, hire the VET first! Before retirement, I was manager of a staffing agency, and I did the leg work with my state to enact that program with our company. It is and always has been an issue that is  "close to my heart".

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

I should be in my new home a few weeks before Christmas, I bought the green bliss lights for Veterans. I can't wait to set them up.

I turned our green porch light on tonight. I don't think we should have to wait to show our support for the men and women who have, are and will protect our Nation and our families. It is going to take so very much more than the purchase of a colored bulb to really help our Veterans and Soldiers with the battles they have to face on their own soil against the very government who sent them to defend our Nation. Does anyone know of any web sites or links to continue to be proactive for the Veterans and Soldiers?

Thank you and God Bless.

Respected Contributor

Well if someone like the VFW were selling them I'd be all over it. Going to Walmart to buy a light bulb just doesn't give me the feel of gratitude.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*