Super Contributor

Really shocked early this morning 4-6 am - woke up & there was Dan. Then I realized it was QVC 3 & an earlier recording, but still, that doesn't seem right. Kind of like squeezing everything you can out of a person after destroying the part of their life that was their career.

Poor really poor QVC. 

This is my opinion only & something I had to get off my chest.

Esteemed Contributor

@bestday  I will miss Dan's sense of humor.....but I'm sure he will enjoy retired life on his farm. 

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Contributor

yes people are furious. They hire new people thatt do not connect and fire the ones who have been responsible for their success.what were theythinking How unloyal of them. Business decision. Well a bad one .People are dropping Qvc because of it.They can fix it Say they made a mistake and hire them back.If not they are not the reputable co. they claim to be.Dan and Caroline deserve that

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@bestday  I will miss Dan's sense of humor.....but I'm sure he will enjoy retired life on his farm. 

@pattypeep  - At 62, maybe he's not ready to retire financially or emotionally.  No one knows his personal siutation.   Maybe we'll see Dan work for a vendor or something.   There are many in the work force that enjoy working.  

I know I don't plan on retiring when I turn 62.  

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  That's great for you; however,  I retired at 63, and now at 78 I couldn't be more content. 💕

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

@pattypeep  - At 62, maybe he's not ready to retire financially or emotionally.  No one knows his personal siutation.   Maybe we'll see Dan work for a vendor or something.   There are many in the work force that enjoy working.  

I know I don't plan on retiring when I turn 62.  

@San Antonio Gal   Your right, people have no idea what his financial situation is.   I think Dan needs to work.  He seemed after his surgery he needed to get back.  If they were ready to retire they would have.  Bottom line, He was forced out.  I try to put myself in that place.  I wouldn't have a good thing to say about QVC if that happened to me.  I can't wait to see the next quarter.  Iput money on it that it is worse.

Frequent Contributor
I liked that Dan knew something about plants. There is nothing worse than a host that doesn't garden. But then QVC and HSN sell invasive plants without warnings so I shouldn't be surprised by their choices.