Contributor

I just want to vent. I don't need a lecture about changing channels, etc.

I was watching Lisa R yesterday evening (beauty prods), which I don't buy, but they were selling $55.00 Hand Cream and commented that if you start using this, it prevents "Granny Hands". I am 72,retired, raised my kids, on my own, mostly, and these hands have a lot of love, happy, sad, etc. in them. I think another "term" could have been used. Thanks for letting me post my opinion

Honored Contributor
My mother in her late 80's complained that her hands were ""ugly"". I told her they had character and represented a lifetime of love and caring for others. I agree that Lisa used an unfortunate term.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Lisa must not use it, then. I have seen many closeups of her hands. The forum is continually rife with disparaging comments and semi-slurs against anyone over 50. The feeling here often seems to be that QVC gears all of its fashion and shoes to icky over 50s (although that is not the term they use) who have no fashion sense, and have more money than any kind of sense. And here is QVC joining in on the clueless bashing of the customer base they are supposed to be pandering to. Tsk, tsk. I am waaay over 50. I think that in general, QVC markets to the house-bound, those who live in rural areas who cannot shop for "name" items in their area, and those who trust what the Big Q tells them, whether they're told something is a hot price or a "fashion trend." Not that only those people are customers, but that's who they market to. Anyone else is just gravy.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

And yet at the same time we keep hearing about them trying to appeal to the younger demographic and hence all the emphasis on younger hosts and social media... Surprise Q, you probably can't have it both ways and I'm not thinking the product mix so often presented and with a few rather glaring exceptions, is one that appeals to a significant portion of that desired younger demographic...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

""Granny hands"" are beautiful.

Honored Contributor
On 6/1/2014 Ladybug724 said:

"Granny hands" are beautiful.

I agree. They are the visible demonstration of a long life lived, care and love.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

An unfortunate term indeed........the wear and tear do represent a lot of hard work, love, and caring for others....

And yes Stevie your right--and although they are under the illusion they have grabbed a younger demographic with Facebook, pinterest, tweeting, instagram etc etc....nothing could be further from the truth.....so Q should stop insulting the hand that feeds them pardon the pun since the majority of their viewers/buyers are more within the 45 plus range....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
On 6/1/2014 SPURT said:

An unfortunate term indeed........the wear and tear do represent a lot of hard work, love, and caring for others....

And yes Stevie your right--and although they are under the illusion they have grabbed a younger demographic with Facebook, pinterest, tweeting, instagram etc etc....nothing could be further from the truth.....so Q should stop insulting the hand that feeds them pardon the pun since the majority of their viewers/buyers are more within the 45 plus range....

It's almost like they don't know which way to turn... The vast majority of the programming is certainly not for the younger demographic... On second thought, I'm not sure what demographic its for!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Obviously, their job is to put down every part of your body and sell you something to fix it.

Honored Contributor
On 6/1/2014 stevieb said:
On 6/1/2014 SPURT said:

It's almost like they don't know which way to turn... The vast majority of the programming is certainly not for the younger demographic... On second thought, I'm not sure what demographic its for!

I know this is off topic a bit....Yes QVC's products do not match their audience. I was reading a magazine article which highlighted lifestyles with Generation X and Y versus Baby Boomers....

They are not into cooking ----YET QVC has Cooking With The Q events, and 2 big weekly shows in prime time highlighting cooking.

They don't like QVC fashions---too dowdy---read some threads just on this forum alone.

QVC's electronics have far surpassed what they are looking for---they will stand in line for hours waiting for the newest latest and greatest phone or gadget...... QVC focuses on systems that work for the not too tech savvy...mostly special purchases before something new is ready to be introduced....

They don't seem too interested in home decor-electronics are their thing...sleek and simple is their design style---

Deep house cleaning---As the article stated this generation are not "Suzy Homemakers" they prefer the least amount of time required....Would they use vacuum accessories to get those cobwebs or use a carpet cleaner--..YET that appears to be QVC's bread and butter especially on the weekends.....

Where do they buy their cosmetics and beauty products--they prefer Sephora, department stores....

I know this is a GENERALIZATION, but if this article is right, QVC does NOT offer the products to attract a younger demographic.......despite all the social media expenses QVC has made to appear "on trend".......They need to cater to their REAL customer base. Even CEO Mike George characterized the Q customer as 45 plus with a base salary of $50,000 to $250,000....they need to find out what we want---know their customer! At present---they are clueless!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”