Respected Contributor

Re: Govenor of PA ordered all non-essesntial business to close...

Im having trouble enjoying the Irish programming this year ( a traditional favorite of mine), I wonder if sales will dip ?  Between the skype telecast and the depressed state of our Nation, it has put a black cloud over QVC.  If nothing else we can keep it on as background noise to get away from the news.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

There is no food shortage; the supply chain is working.  It's the demand side of the equation that has exploded and needs to settle down.

@Johnnyeager 

So true in our case!

DD is on the hunt at many stores this AM, just trying to find milk and a little meat for the week (ground beef, steak, roast, etc.) for both of us, but no milk and very little meat at any stores.

She asked why at a couple of stores and was told, for example, a truck full of meat came in yesterday evening and by closing, every package had been sold.

The same for milk deliveries. The only thing on shelves is the almond milk type products.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

If anyone noticed, they are rerunning on Q2 a show from Saturday, so I think the Q is starting cut back.  They are retail, so really it is considered a non-essential in PA.

As far as groceries, everybody is stocking up and when they find they have nowhere else to put any items, they will stop stockpiling.  Groceries will still be in supply, but there will be less manpower for shipping,and in the stores, as time goes by.

Qvc is staying open
Respected Contributor

I cant imagine broadcasting shutting down.  There will probably be a delay in shipping which is not new!  I know I can wait for items if they stagger warehouse hours.

Respected Contributor

@Robin7421 wrote:
Qvc is staying open

Can you confirm ?  I find it very odd that the CEO does not have a statement on the QVC Home Page as to how QVC is handling the virus and what precauions they are taking. Almost every other retailer, state and local entity is communicating with us.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie   According to WNEP website if businesses do not comply and close their physical locations they can be fined or have licenses recinded.

The list of what's affected and what's not is 5 pages long.  I did see legal services, tax preparers and all construction.

This was announced last night and took effect a 8:00pm last night.  Businesses have until noon Saturday before fines would be levied.

DD works in a law office and we saw the news last night.  She just looked at me and said "did I hear that right".  Yep.  They were going to work from home starting Monday anyway.

Don't know what they will do now.

Respected Contributor

I live in PA.  My DH just got word today he will "work from home" ... unknown how that will work since parts he procures for the manufacturing facility will not be used anyway.   Liquor stores closed so QVC will see increase in wine sales if Q is not exempt from closing. 

Heavy fines will be given to mfgr. firms who decide to stay open (monitored by state police), so most must stop production as per Tom Wolf.   As for QVC, they cannot keep the PA warehouse full of employees--for the common good, the Q will need to comply.  

Valued Contributor

Considering the Governor of California has been quite strict with what's open and not, I wonder or assume the Q warehouse in Ontario, CA is operating on a limited basis, anyone in California know?
Trusted Contributor

i was bugging out because i dont have a washer or dryer... on the "list" that was put out last night laundrymats were on it for being closed???  im think its an essential??? i work in a hospital and i do need to do wash at least once a week... are laundrymats open? im going out on monday and im going to try to do my wash... to me that is essential..... anyone know???? thank you so much  and be safe everyone!