Honored Contributor

@Beauty geek wrote:

#1 I am not "incensed". Why don't you explain to me what would make a pound of sausage worth $20/lb? Frankly I don't care what you or anyone else eats I just find it amazing that all you hear these days is inflation, inflation but yet people have the $ to pay $20/lb. For sausage because it's " convenient". People have just gotten flat out LAZY. making a comment does not make me incensed. I remember the days when it was ok to voice an opinion without being ripped apart!

Now you're saying people are "flat out lazy" if someone pays for the sausage?  Not very nice.

Honored Contributor

@Beauty geek wrote:

Are there seriously people out there who would pay $20 per pound for SAUSAGE? Ridiculous!

@Beauty geek I would say the same thing about someone who would complain about what someone else spends.  To me that is absolutely ridiculous.  And offensive in keeping with the times. . . 

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't pay that for sausage, but I rarely eat sausage.

I do buy the St. Clair sides for Thanksgiving.  I thought they were pricey but worth it saving the time gathering all the ingredients and cooking it.  Then, my daughter sent me a link to a local place near where she works that had full T-giving dinners for $160.  Granted, it included the meat and I only bought sides, but it didn't seem so pricey after that.  Plus, I can just cook 2 of the sides for Thanksgiving and save the other 2 for later whereas I couldn't do that with the full dinner.  I can get a turkey breast or maybe tenderloins for less than $80 so I guess I'm ahead.

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT, yes some people still eat that stuff. Just like some people still judge others for what they eat.

Respected Contributor

@Beauty geek wrote:

#1 I am not "incensed". Why don't you explain to me what would make a pound of sausage worth $20/lb? Frankly I don't care what you or anyone else eats I just find it amazing that all you hear these days is inflation, inflation but yet people have the $ to pay $20/lb. For sausage because it's " convenient". People have just gotten flat out LAZY. making a comment does not make me incensed. I remember the days when it was ok to voice an opinion without being ripped apart!

Well people have explained what would make sausage $20 a pound to them. Yes, there are people that have the money, and desire, to pay $20 a pound for sausage even if all you hear these days are inflation, inflation. We are not all alike.

And please show me where anyone has ripped you apart. Why make that allegation? I remember the days when it was okay to voice an opinion without an unfounded accusation of ripping someone apart.