Contributor

Are there seriously people out there who would pay $20 per pound for SAUSAGE? Ridiculous!

Honored Contributor

If they so choose, why not?

Respected Contributor

is it any worse than selling  body moisturizer or facial creams and cleansers for $100 each?  No one is being forced to buy these items.

Esteemed Contributor

Their business, not ours.

Honored Contributor

I'm always amazed at these posters who question people paying the food prices that QVC offers.  It's easy for me to understand that many people enjoy the convenience of having some food items delivered to their homes. Who knows...some might even be disabled?  Or they just don't have a problem with the price.  I don't question how others spend their money, and I would prefer they don't question my decisions.

Respected Contributor

I've bought some of the food in the past and yes, some of it is pretty pricy, but we are all different and spend our $$$ on different things that we're interested in.  I for one don't get spending over $200 on a bottle of Wen but many do. 

Honored Contributor

Here we go again, another poster incensed at the price of QVC food.  Its a mystery to me why people even care how much they charge for sausage.  If you feel the price is outrageous or you can't afford it, simply ignore it and move on.  Somebody else will think its the perfect gift to have sent to grandpa who loves his breakfasts.  People seem to take these food costs as a personal affront when all they have to do is not buy it.  This is special occasion, gift buying, not routine grocery purchasing...there's a difference.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My family makes homemade sausage. We used to sell it.  It is expensive when you make it from good meat and not scrap meat....and it takes time.  If you smoke it, that is additional time and work.

How much is your time worth?  Sometimes it is worth it to spend more money to get a good product.

I know I will not eat cheap supermarket or commercially prepared sausage.  Yuck.  Most people wouldn't eat it either if they knew what was in there.

Esteemed Contributor

I've made my own and it's a job.  I would pay that for good sausage  before I would pay $35 per pound for Prime Rib!

OK, ready to cook...worth it to some.  My son makes a delicious roast in the rotissiere.  Couldn't be 3 times as good!

Respected Contributor

Re: Gourmet sausage?

[ Edited ]

here's my story on Smithfield sausage, I live just a few miles from the Smithfield packing plant in VA, that made this particular brand of ham sausage for years and years.  I bought the sausage for just a little more expensive than the regular breakfast sausage every week almost.  (Another story).  A 1 pound package was about four dollars.  

Then, suddenly it disappeared off the market, I searched every one of our local groceries, and before I knew it, it was being sold on QVC by Paula Deen for a much higher price.

It looked EXACTLY like what I had been serving for years.  That was about 6-8 years ago.  I cannot believe what has happened to this sausage in price. Ham is not that expensive, they have taken a sausage and now market it as "gourmet."  It would be no different than somebody buying another local brand of sausage, and suddenly raising the prices astronomically.