Trusted Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

I totally agree.   I was able to watch the entire show.  Jane is also good with Rick, especially when they start with the puns on songs of the past.   

You're kidding, right?  Rick isn't even good with Rick!!  

Honored Contributor

I like it when they mix-up hosts on food shows. Rachel-Alberti 24x7 is a bit much.  I was pleasantly surprised the other day to see Terri Conn doing a food show; she politely listened while the vendor explained and she wasn't chowing down. 

Respected Contributor

Wish Mary Beth would be used more to present food. I can do without Rachel's screaming and Alberti gushing and prancing around. 

Respected Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

@NYwoman wrote:

I totally agree.   I was able to watch the entire show.  Jane is also good with Rick, especially when they start with the puns on songs of the past.   

Rick may not be good with Rick, but I think he's GREAT with Valerie Par Hill.

Valued Contributor

I do not see the need for these hosts to eat the food.  It is disgusting watching them chew.  Bad enough they have enough food displayed to feed the marines...a total waste in these times of food shortages.  QVC seems clueless.  To me these food shows need a complete redo.  And I do buy quite a lot of their offerings....most are very good and I appreciate the emphasis on individual packaging.

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

Jayne is my favorite host.....i like Pat..but alone..............

the prob with the Gourmet Holiday shows the past few weeks is how much food the hosts are eating....it used to be a few bites and a description of the product............these days it is eating during the whole presentation and spliting, cutting, squeezing  the other samples on the table in front of them...

@kelsey17 wrote:

Jayne is my favorite host.....i like Pat..but alone..............

the prob with the Gourmet Holiday shows the past few weeks is how much food the hosts are eating....it used to be a few bites and a description of the product............these days it is eating during the whole presentation and spliting, cutting, squeezing  the other samples on the table in front of @kelsey17 

I wonder if the vendor or QVC requested they show more gusto for the products and that was their way of showing more interest.  I noticed it too.

Super Contributor

My only complaint is I wish Jayne Brown would stop doing that smacking sound right before she speaks......

Valued Contributor

rms1954 said: "Pat J Dementri is the only host I can watch present a food show.  Her main idea is on presenting and giving info on file and not stuffing her face."

Not anymore. I find she's just like the others (with the exception of Terri Carr (sp?).

"I never changed, I just learned."
Trusted Contributor

Re: Gourmet holiday

[ Edited ]

@DJs mom wrote:

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

@NYwoman wrote:

Rick may not be good with Rick, but I think he's GREAT with Valerie Par Hill.

I totally disagree.  Rick gets Valerie all hyped up, which is not her normal personality.  Good energy is great, but Rick has a chihuahua-like personality.  So skitish and unpredictable.  Glad you enjoy him, but I turn the channel once I hear his voice.  Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

I do not see the need for these hosts to eat the food.  It is disgusting watching them chew.  Bad enough they have enough food displayed to feed the marines...a total waste in these times of food shortages.  QVC seems clueless.  To me these food shows need a complete redo.  And I do buy quite a lot of their offerings....most are very good and I appreciate the emphasis on individual packaging.

---------------------

Totally agree!!  Have been saying that for years. Even if they gush and squeal over the food, viewers don't know if they really liked it or not.  They are certainly not about to say they did not like it!! And, the way some hosts 'eat' the food, is disgusting!

I also think displaying all that food is such a waste and so unnecessary.  Just present the food, provide some info about maintenance/preparation and move on to the next item.